Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Makochan

What is wrong with me?

We know it isn't acne, but my internist thought it was pityriasis rosea. I asked if I should see my dermatologist and he said he didn't think I had to. I have them all over my breasts, back, stomach, legs, and upper arms and really bad on my sides. Then in a week when the bumps got more painful and plentiful. Internist told me to see my dermatologist. I saw my dermatologist and he said it was a bacterial skin infection and gave me Cipro for 10 days. I also had a biopsy to see if it was possibly an autoimmune disease, but he thought it was a folliculitis, even though I haven't been in any hot tubs. Within two days I saw marked improvement. I stopped taking the antibiotics on Sunday and on Friday I got my stitches removed (two weeks after the first appointment with my dermatologist). The next morning I wake up and I have some again. I was so frustrated and I had to wait to call the doctor until Monday. They got even worse so we paged the doctor on Sunday and he gave me more Cipro for another 10 days. I did not see a great improvement and I am still on it right now. I had to see my internist on Tuesday and he took a culture and he told me so far nothing is growing, but to keep taking Cipro. They think now it is autoimmune and I will need steroids. I won't know until tomorrow or unless bacteria grow on the culture. I am hoping for bacteria, personally. But I am just so tired of this. It's been going on for over a month. Anyone else ever have this problem? Why and how could antibiotics help an autoimmune problem?