Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Latch

can scars be fully healed?

i have a scar on my face, seems to have gotten deeper since yesterday. i'm just wondering if scars can be fully treated and healed to the point where it is removed...

thanks in advance.

My mother had a few scars that were moderately deep which well dont exist anymore Ive seen her face up close teh way docs would examine ur skin and I cant see them anymore. She had these scars from hormonal acne soon after I was born, so i dont remember seeing them. But beleive me I heard abt them from aunts and my family and yes they were definately pitted kind. Ive also seen a few scars disappear from my body over teh years. So, i guess they can sometimes go away to tehpoint of being invisible to teh naked eye. I guess under teh microscope they might still be visible, but iam not that obsessed(lol)

yes nothing is impossible as life present it self, the past is gone but it is what makes us wiser for the present which is a gift, and the future is unwrap like a gift from God. I know my scars will heal completely mark my word, and so will all of yours, good luck, be optimistic.

i don't believe they can be healed fully, but i do believe that they can be healed to the point where they aren't noticeable anymore. i too have been very optimistic about it. my scars (moderate rolling scars) have healed almost 50% without any major treatments (laser, dermabrasion, subcision, etc.). i've just added time, eating healthy, exercise, proper face maintainence, and faith. although, i do plan to do needling/subcision when the time comes, but right now, my scars are healing fine by their own :dance:

my dermatologist said they cant. but they can be made vitually unnoticable. after the hyperpigmentation fades, the scars will loke 10x better according to him. it's the dark spots that make them stand out so much!!

I'm going in to my derm in a week or so to get a consultation for scar removal. I have mainly rolling scars... I heard those are the easiest to get rid of. I could be wrong.

does anybody else know anything?

oh and guess what... THE SUN and HARSH EXFOLIANTS MAKE YOUR HYPERPIGMENTATION AND SCARRING WORSE!!! so avoid excess sunlight and don't use apricot scrub when you have cystic acne... I made that mistake!

I think it depends on how old the scars are. Now that I have scars and am very aware of them, I watch how any new thing heals. I've noticed with new ones that they often are depressed at first, but they have slowly filled in completely. These were pretty small, but any scar that is still healing should still be filling in some. Some may disagree with me on this, but I think it is best to leave anything that is still healing completely alone, until about a year has passed. Just wear sunscreen for the hyperpigmentation, and let your body do its job. I have some I messed with sooner, with lasers and topicals, and some are worse than they were in the first place while the others didn't seem to heal as well as the ones I leave entirely alone.

As far as older scars, I have heard some people say theirs filled in some. The younger and healthier you are, the better the chance for that.

I've seen a dermatologist in TV saying scars can't be removed completely. In my opinion, some scars can disappear. I have my own experience of having scars gone, but deep scars will be difficult. I agree with most of you, that scars can be made less visible. Remember, it takes time to get scars healed, don't give up! ALL THE BEST!!!