Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vexed

Fraxel Results 1

Fraxel Results  

10 members have voted

1. 1. For those who have COMPLETED their treatments, how would you rate your results?

• overall, more negative effects than positive
    • no change in scars
    • mild improvement in scars
    • moderate improvement in scars
    • drastic improvement in scars

Please vote here if you have COMPLETED your Fraxel treatments, however many you planned to do. There is another poll for those who still have treatments left.

There are many variables with Fraxel (how many treatments, how long since the last treatment, settings, operator skill, degree of scarring, etc.) that a poll like this really can't account for, so take the results with a grain of salt. Still, I think it should give a general idea of how happy people here are with Fraxel.

I apologize for the confusion with the first poll I created. Thank you billyboy and Joel for figuring out what I did wrong.

I agree with need for more votes. I decided to vote "no change" even though I think I had a very, very slight benefit to scars. I think the absnece of more plus votes after the poll was split has to do with the flaw in the earlier poll which required you to vote on both radio boxes even though the polls were mutually exclusive.

Look at the pole for "in progress Fraxel" and you will see 2 positives. These people probably voted the smae way on both buttons in the prior, flawed poll.

I changed the categories to improvement "in scars" which also may make a difference in how people vote. I think there are a bunch of people who had improvement in wrinkles and skin tone/texture but not really in scars. But, I think the main goal with Fraxel for people here is improvement in scars, hence the change I made in this poll.

I have to say, it is SO difficult to tell, as we stare at our faces all the time. I notice that I am still self conscious about my skin, so the improvement is not as great as I had hoped/

I'm about 3 1/2 months out from my fourth fraxel. Settings were 18, 22, 24, 24. I think it softened the scars a bit, but it's subtle, and I'm just not satisfied enough. Just started with cross (made sure i was far enough out from fraxel to do this). Only used 50% and of the 6 facial scars I crossed, only three have what you might call "scabs". We'll see what happens. What I'm noticing now is that I have a lot of clogged pores, which is not a great look, so I may try some microdermabrasions too. My plan of action right now is to just attack the scars that bug one at a time, and when the new fraxel hits my area, reconsider...