Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
orballa22

start next friday

Well it has come down to accutane for me. I have been on everything possible for acne but the longests a pill or gel has worked was a year. I am now 18 and just started college 5 weeks ago and am sick of acne. I decided that i want to just get this over with and suck up the side effects. I didnt have really bad acne until i was put on solodyn a couple months ago and that made me breakout the worst i have ever had. I stayed with it for 2 months but it left scaring and i still was getting acne. Since i stopped, i went back onto doxycycline which isnt working well either. So accutane is my answer and i am hoping it works. I am being perscribed 20mgsx2 per day at first. I am really worried about the initial breakout because i dont want this to do what the solodyn did to me because it sent my self-esteem to hell and i ended up staying in for my last month of senior summer. Also do the initial breakouts usually last long? and should i use any topical cream to get rid of the initial breakout or just let accutane do its thing. Also what about poppin the whiteheads while on accutane or will that just scar even worse. My last question is alcohol. I am a party person and will drink atleast once a week and at most 2 times a week. I assume i need to cut back if not stop completly while on accutane. If someone could please respond that would be greatly appreciated. THANKS :)

Michael

anyone?

haha yup u sure will! only hav a drink on a special occasion. I drink a fair bit aswel and have got my 18th bday comming up next month so it really sucks! lol ohwell i'll just have to deal with it wont i. Wot dose you doing and what kind of acne do you have? I start my accutane tomorrow... good luck! :D

k.... lots of questions in there!

first off, good for you! you are now taking charge of your acne and your life.... we are proud of you! :dance::clap:

IB usually starts about 2-4 weeks in, and lasts anywhere from a week to months. You could also not get any IB at all! You can get stuff to help with it, but consult a derm about it, don't treat the active acne like you did before accutane.

As for drinking, you'll have to cut back. You've already made a big step in deciding to go on accutane, don't ruin it for yourself! Don't get piss drunk, your liver can't handle it. Remember the tane is working your organs hard, you don't want to push them over the edge. We will support you here, but no one will donate a liver to you if yours explodes :P

anyone?

haha yup u sure will! only hav a drink on a special occasion. I drink a fair bit aswel and have got my 18th bday comming up next month so it really sucks! lol ohwell i'll just have to deal with it wont i. Wot dose you doing and what kind of acne do you have? I start my accutane tomorrow... good luck! :D

My derm is putting me on 40mgs for the first month then idk bout after. I used to jus get cystic acne but now its more of little pimples everywhere. I do get some acne on my back tho too which are cystic but come 2 at a time usually.

FINALLYMEJESS

i really hope my ib isnt for long. i have broken out at first to every medication except one but i ended up bein allergic to it. these usually last about a week or 2 so lets hope thats how long this one will be if that. And then yea, i wont get that drink often, but i kinda want to occasionally but not to a unsafe extent. thanks :)