Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
val 222211

change of Benzyl Peroxide lotion

Hey, my name is Val. I been using Dan's technique for like a month or so now. It worked great, cleared me up nicely. However, I was using neutragena cleanser, proactiv benzyl peroxide, and cetaphil mositurizer. Now i ran out of Proactiv, and im using this stuff called Spectro (bought it at a local drug store), its the same thing, 2.5% BP gel/lotion. I don't know it doesnt feel the same, and im getting some new pimples.. It makes my skin feel like sticky afterwards, and it just doesnt feel the same way. Is Dan's BP gel alot like practiv? Cuz that stuff was amazing.. too bad i wasnt using it right till i came across this website. Any suggestions and alternative will greatly be appriciated.

No, Dan's gel is not like Proactiv. The proactiv is a lotion and Dan's product is just like it says -- it's a gel. It's firmer. But it goes on soooooo smooth, and it has kind of a cool (cool as in temperature, not as in "awesome") feel as it goes on and it blends in without leaving a residue behind like I've heard about OTS. I was a victim of the common Proactiv curse:it worked great for a while and then did nothing but make my skin irritated and the acne came back.

yeah this spectro stuff also leaves residue in the parts like where i dont rub it in too well ( like the jaw line, etc). What I liked about the proactiv BP is that it absorbed fast and it didnt make my face dry. Even though the proactiv gel worked flawlessly, there's no way im buying the whole proactiv package for 60 bux just so i can recieve that bp gel. Im considering getting this Dan's BP now.. I just want to clarify one thing, it leaves no residue what's so ever right ?

yeah this spectro stuff also leaves residue in the parts like where i dont rub it in too well ( like the jaw line, etc). What I liked about the proactiv BP is that it absorbed fast and it didnt make my face dry. Even though the proactiv gel worked flawlessly, there's no way im buying the whole proactiv package for 60 bux just so i can recieve that bp gel. Im considering getting this Dan's BP now.. I just want to clarify one thing, it leaves no residue what's so ever right ?

well you may like dan's BP I'm currently getting used to it. I too used spectrojel and I too have bought proactiv BP. By the way you can just purchase the bottle of BP only.

well you may like dan's BP I'm currently getting used to it. I too used spectrojel and I too have bought proactiv BP. By the way you can just purchase the bottle of BP only.

yea i was just gonna say that too. you have to be a member at the proactiv site, last time i checked. i never used spectro, but if it is a cream i wouldnt use it. i like dans a lot.