Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mmmmyeah

In need of some advice

Hi! I need some advice here... all I've really ever had is moderate acne, like blackheads and whiteheads. but now I'm getting nodules (on my chin) and pimples that they're extremely inflamed and hurt really bad. but I haven't changed my regimen or anything. I've never really had to deal with these before. is this like a one time thing or is it a sign I'm going to get more severe acne? :confused:

It could be a "one time thing" or it actually might mean its a sign of things to come. Try fighting back with some carrot poultices to bring the inflammation down.

To make a carrot poultice: Some raw grated carrot + a "drop" of hot water, enough to make a thick paste. Apply to the face and keep the moister and heat on as long as possible. Repeat a few times if you wish.

It could be a "one time thing" or it actually might mean its a sign of things to come. Try fighting back with some carrot poultices to bring the inflammation down.

To make a carrot poultice: Some raw grated carrot + a "drop" of hot water, enough to make a thick paste. Apply to the face and keep the moister and heat on as long as possible. Repeat a few times if you wish.

don't even bother with that,

see a derm, that's the best way to get rid of severe acne, don't wait to see if this is a one time thing, get help now before it gets worse.

Look, if you do to see a "derm" which can't distinguish the sky from the ground will most likely do little good.

Hi! I need some advice here... all I've really ever had is moderate acne, like blackheads and whiteheads. but now I'm getting nodules (on my chin) and pimples that they're extremely inflamed and hurt really bad. but I haven't changed my regimen or anything. I've never really had to deal with these before. is this like a one time thing or is it a sign I'm going to get more severe acne? :confused:

basically what happening to me rite now, you need to treat it before it gets severe like my chin (check my pic) otherwise if you leave it and leave it with the same regime like i did, or even changing the regime and it happens, if you can notice a change, time may or may not make it worst, but you cant chance it. so nip it in the bud :wall: and be free eeeee of spots....gd luck

Look, if you do to see a "derm" which can't distinguish the sky from the ground will most likely do little good.

see a good, reputable derm. they do know what their doing, I haven't had a cyst in months (and I used to have lots, especially on my forehead which is now totally clear, you can't even tell i ever had acne there.) don't give your acne a chance to get worse. rubbing carrots on your face may or may not help but personally i would want to be treated by a professional.

believe me, i've tried natural treatments as well as OTC products, which worked for a while, but once my acne became cystic prescription treatment was the only thing that helped.

Thanks guys for all the replies. I'm going to try and schedule an appt as soon as I can. I'm just afraid they'll put me back on antibiotics.. with tetracycline I only saw the difference in the last month and when I got off of it all my acne came back. :confused:

Thanks guys for all the replies. I'm going to try and schedule an appt as soon as I can. I'm just afraid they'll put me back on antibiotics.. with tetracycline I only saw the difference in the last month and when I got off of it all my acne came back. :confused:

antibiotics can be very effective, but usually the acne comes back when you stop unless your on some kind of retinoid (retin A) as well. antibiotics are good at controlling cysts and reducing inflammation as well as preventing IBs from other treatments. if you use an oral and topical antibiotic as well as a retinoid at the same time you will probably have good results, but be patient. give it at least three months to see if the treatment is working. once your acne is under control you may be able to quit the antibiotic. and if these treatments don't work there's always accutane.