Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
franic

Skin more oily

Hey,

I've been a long time reader, but this is my first actual post. I finally started Accutane last Thursday with 40mg for the first month. I weigh about 185 lbs. I've been noticing that my skin is actually more oily now than it was before I started. I've only taken 6 pills so far. So I'm wondering if this is normal, as everyone (including my dermatologist) talks about how dry skin gets while on Accutane.

Guest ThereIsHope

maybe its pushing all the oil out or something???

it is completely normal, sometimes the skin gets a little more oily when you first start treatment. it will dry up soon enough, probably by next week the oil will be greatly reduced.

Hey,

I've been a long time reader, but this is my first actual post. I finally started Accutane last Thursday with 40mg for the first month. I weigh about 185 lbs. I've been noticing that my skin is actually more oily now than it was before I started. I've only taken 6 pills so far. So I'm wondering if this is normal, as everyone (including my dermatologist) talks about how dry skin gets while on Accutane.

Mine skin was actually not oily at all UNTIL i began my accutane. After the first 2 days, i was like one big grease ball. It was so gross for me because i have never had oily skin. I asked my derm about that today and she said it is a normal reaction to accutane. No worries! Hang in there, my oil only lasted one week and then came the dryness!!!! Wooooo Hooooo! :D

ok sweet thanks. I was just getting worried since I thought it was supposed to be doing the exact opposite.

It's been 8 days for me, and i'm greasier than before. Feels gross. It's so damn sticky.

I can't wait to feel some dryness. I'm breaking out like hell too. :wall:

Yes!

I thought that was strange too!

I've never really had oily skin (just acne) but after 5 days on accutane my face was non stop greasy!

It's week 2 tho now and im beginning to dry up

It's funny how such horrid 'side effects' can be exciting and comforting at the same time :P

- Gabby

(check out my blog! www.din0saur.wordpress.com)