Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
massakur

question for the girls that wear makeup

do you wear makeup to try to hide your acne or just wear it cuz you want to? also, i think the reason why some of you who wear makeup and have active acne is cuz of the makeup. makeup can clogs pores and make acne worse. maybe you should try not putting any makeup on and go natural. i dont think it would hurt.

On my skin I only use concealer on the active zits. I don't use foundation or powder. Lots of women are on the CSR and can wear makeup but I'm not gonna try it.

wow, you're so smrt.

s

m

r

t.

it's a vicious cycle, we wear it to cover the active acne, although it never does cover and is usually very obvious it's on there.... and we know it gives us more acne.

it's harder on girls, and people are not afraid to comment on our skin because it's unusual for people to see bad active acne on us. On a guy, it's almost normal. It's not fair, but we do what we can.

We certainly do NOT need men like you telling us what the hell to do.

wow, you're so smrt.

s

m

r

t.

it's a vicious cycle, we wear it to cover the active acne, although it never does cover and is usually very obvious it's on there.... and we know it gives us more acne.

it's harder on girls, and people are not afraid to comment on our skin because it's unusual for people to see bad active acne on us. On a guy, it's almost normal. It's not fair, but we do what we can.

i wasnt tryna come across as an asshole. you shouldnt be rude. us guys have it a lot worse cuz when we have bad acne, we really cant hide it. you girls have makeup to kinda hide it. im just saying for those that have acne and wear makeup, maybe you should try going without makeup cuz from what i read, makeup can clog pores and make acne worse. i understand you wanna have beautiful skin, but you need to give your skin time to heal.

im just saying for those that have acne and wear makeup, maybe you should try going without makeup cuz from what i read, makeup can clog pores and make acne worse. i understand you wanna have beautiful skin, but you need to give your skin time to heal.

WE ALREADY KNOW!!!!!!!!!!

but thanks for reminding us.

:eh: Hmmm, it's a shame I hadn't thought of that! :doh: Seriously, knowing you are trying to help I will disregard how dumb that makes women sound.

You gotta be careful about what you put on your face - that includes cleansers, moisturizers, your HANDS, towels, etc. etc. etc. not to mention makeup. I use everyday minerals, an all natural mineral makeup that does not clog pores or cause acne like the heavy liquid foundations. If I didn't have acne/scars I probably would only wear a little eye makeup. But until that day, I can feel good about using EDM. (I just realized that last sentence sounded like a commercial, sorry :lol: )

wow, you're so smrt.

s

m

r

t.

i wasnt tryna come across as an asshole. you shouldnt be rude. us guys have it a lot worse cuz when we have bad acne, we really cant hide it. you girls have makeup to kinda hide it. im just saying for those that have acne and wear makeup, maybe you should try going without makeup cuz from what i read, makeup can clog pores and make acne worse. i understand you wanna have beautiful skin, but you need to give your skin time to heal.

Actually, I agree with Jess. If people -- particularly men -- refrained from commenting on women's appearance, we wouldn't feel as compelled to cover up our supposed 'flaws'. There is an expectation in society (created by men, no doubt) that women should look a certain way. For example, when I go to work, I have to wear makeup to cover my acne as it is expected of me to appear a certain way to business associates and clients. Men, however, would not be expected to cover up their acne -- it's perfectly acceptable to look any which way a man chooses to look. I don't like it, but that's simply the way certain aspects of life are at this point in time. If I could change it, I certainly would.

Actually, I agree with Jess. If people -- particularly men -- refrained from commenting on women's appearance, we wouldn't feel as compelled to cover up our supposed 'flaws'. There is an expectation in society (created by men, no doubt) that women should look a certain way. For example, when I go to work, I have to wear makeup to cover my acne as it is expected of me to appear a certain way to business associates and clients. Men, however, would not be expected to cover up their acne -- it's perfectly acceptable to look any which way a man chooses to look. I don't like it, but that's simply the way certain aspects of life are at this point in time. If I could change it, I certainly would.

Exactly!

When guys have acne, it's okay. When women have acne, it's NOT okay and not normal!

What we do NOT need, is people telling us how to take care of our skin when we are EXPECTED to look a certain way.

We can not win. :wall::wall::wall:

i also agree with jess. i don't exactly enjoy heavin on all my makeup when im really tired before work, but if i didnt put on my makeup, i think i wouldn't look clean/tidy/presentable enough, because my skin looks really blotchy and i have redmarks.

its easy to say 'don't wear makeup' but its just an impossibility for me :( i would definetely 100% not wear makeup if i thought i looked great without it.

however, i don't use makeup to look prettier or anythin, i don't mind how i look without makeup, its just i don't think i look my best, and i think it would look like i hadnt put any effort into looking presentable.

its soooo much easier for lads gettin ready in the mornin lol.

As a hairstylist it's actually part of my job description to wear makeup. I have no choice. I wear mineral makeup as well since it is better for acne prone skin, doesn't harbor bacteria, gives good coverage, and has anti-inflammatory properties. I do agree with the girls that we don't need someone (man or woman) trying to tell us we're wrong. Especially a man who has probably never worn makeup and may or may not realize that not all makeup causes problems. If you had posted asking why people wear makeup if it can cause problems it probably would have been better taken. And it also probably should have been posted on the makeup board.

do you wear makeup to try to hide your acne or just wear it cuz you want to? also, i think the reason why some of you who wear makeup and have active acne is cuz of the makeup. makeup can clogs pores and make acne worse. maybe you should try not putting any makeup on and go natural. i dont think it would hurt.

Something tells me you are not a makeup expert .... :lol:

There are many different formulations of makeup, and not all are comedogenic.

And not ONE person in this forum needs to justify his/her decision to wear makeup (yes, guys wear it too!!!). It's a personal decision. 'Nuff said.

I realized long ago that my makeup made my acne worse. I tried all different types, they all exacerbated it. My acne was pretty severe though, there was no hiding it. It could only be covered for an hour or so before it peeked out. By the end of the day all the smooth parts of my face would still be made up, and all the zits would be completely exposed which actually looked a lot worse.

So i stopped wearing it, and of course still had acne, but it wasn't as bad as when i was always trying to cover it, and it didn't bother me as much emotionally when i let go of the idea that i'm supposed to look perfect.

Something tells me you are not a makeup expert .... :lol:

There are many different formulations of makeup, and not all are comedogenic.

And not ONE person in this forum needs to justify his/her decision to wear makeup (yes, guys wear it too!!!). It's a personal decision. 'Nuff said.

lionqueen, A lot of makeup formulations may say non-comedogenic, but that doesnt mean anything. its a marketing gimmick just to make people buy their product. a lot of supposed non-comedogenic products are actually comedogenic. nuff said.

lionqueen, A lot of makeup formulations may say non-comedogenic, but that doesnt mean anything. its a marketing gimmick just to make people buy their product. a lot of supposed non-comedogenic products are actually comedogenic. nuff said.

I am still getting that non-expert vibe. :lol:

There are types of makeup that truly are non-comedogenic. Not sure why you're struggling so hard with that concept.

Also not sure why you feel the need to lecture to these folks. Don't think it's much appreciated.

Kthxbye.

WE ALREADY KNOW!!!!!!!!!!

but thanks for reminding us.

LOL! :lol: This cracked me up! My sentiments exactly.

Don't preach buddy :naughty:

For years I barely wore any make up mostly because I couldn't be bothered and quite like my face without it. Even now I only wear it sporadically. However, I still had acne and over time the acne still got worse. If you suffer from acne (rather than just the odd spot here or there), you are unlikely to magically clear up because you stop wearing make up. It may make it better at the margins, but thats probably it.

interestingly, when i used to wear liquid foundation, i found that my skin broke out more when i DIDN'T wear it. i think my skin was adapted to having the make-up there, like a moisturizer or something. i now use everyday minerals as well, which is make-up that doesn't harm your skin. Mineral make-ups like Joppa are even supposed to HELP your acne, and they look a hell of a lot more natural than liquids.

interestingly, when i used to wear liquid foundation, i found that my skin broke out more when i DIDN'T wear it. i think my skin was adapted to having the make-up there, like a moisturizer or something. i now use everyday minerals as well, which is make-up that doesn't harm your skin. Mineral make-ups like Joppa are even supposed to HELP your acne, and they look a hell of a lot more natural than liquids.

Seriously... I think my skin is so used to liquid foundation too.. because whenever I've gone a few days without it, i'd get a break out!

Like kei_fujo, it's a part of the job for me. If I don't look good, how is anyone going to believe I can make them look good. But beyond that, I like doing it. It's fun.

"a lot of supposed non-comedogenic products are actually comedogenic. nuff said." No, not "nuff said". That pisses me off because it sounds like you think you know more about makeup than we do. As it's already been pointed out, not all makeup is going to cause breakouts. Particularly if you keep your tools clean and don't loan it out. And as it has already been pointed out, we're already sensitive about our skin, why else would we be here? So patronizing us isn't going to get you a standing ovation.

Well, he's right about the non-comedogenic label. It really doesn't mean that it's not comedogenic, it means that they are marketing it as non-comedogenic. It's not a regulated term. Ask Labgirl.

I'm sure there are non-comedogenic makeups on the market, but just because the label claims it doesn't mean it's true.

Hey, massakur, I wear makeup and have for years b/c I am a professional and it is part of the image of a well-put together professional woman to wear makeup. Yes, much of the time, I was covering acne and it sucked. Basically, it sucks to be an adult professional with acne.....

Now, I work from home a lot :) so there is not a lot of need to wear makeup. I started CSR recently and my skin has cleared completely. I love the smooth texture of my skin and am wearing makeup almost everyday now b/c I am enjoying the way it looks for the first time in my like. (I changed to mineral MU that does not break me out.)

It sucks for women that it is hard to really know what makeup is safe for our skin and it sucks that society has expectations about the way we should look......but that's life.

The best thing we can do is become informed as possible about skincare and treating/managing acne.

Concealer and foundation do NOT make my skin worse.

I didn't wear any makeup for almost a month, and my skin was horrible.

As long as you wear oil-free makeup and have clean skin before you apply it, it's not going to do any harm.

Well, he's right about the non-comedogenic label. It really doesn't mean that it's not comedogenic, it means that they are marketing it as non-comedogenic. It's not a regulated term. Ask Labgirl.

I'm sure there are non-comedogenic makeups on the market, but just because the label claims it doesn't mean it's true.

That's true. And we already knew that.