Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice2k

Best Healthiest Diet Plan ?!

Hello everyone! As we know there is tons diet plans From Atkins to South Beach Diet and blalala... But I am curious is there any kind of diet that you can keep diet till rest of life.. Do you belive any diet? And live healthy in normal weight... Or to be vegetarian ? Maybe eat everything abit.. So I am guess you guys understand what I am trying to say..

PS: Also which food you think is worst/need to be avoided for health and need to be avoided for sure..

Hello everyone! As we know there is tons diet plans From Atkins to South Beach Diet and blalala... But I am curious is there any kind of diet that you can keep diet till rest of life.. Do you belive any diet? And live healthy in normal weight... Or to be vegetarian ? Maybe eat everything abit.. So I am guess you guys understand what I am trying to say..

PS: Also which food you think is worst/need to be avoided for health and need to be avoided for sure..

I believe in a diet rich in nutrients rich foods supplement with caloric dense foods, which avoids refined products and aggressive cooking methods. I don't believe much in grain based diets as they're less nutient dense than other foods

The diet I know which follows these criteria is Dr. Joel Fuhrman - Eat To Live

But allowing more and more of the foods I would rather not consume and lowering the intake of food I would rather pack on other diets that I think can be considered for life are:

The Garden of Eating

The best hunter-gatherer diet out there. The only one I know that focus less on limited concepts like glycemic index and macronutrients percentage and more on nutrient density of the food

The diet is produces-dominated and the guideline are easy to follow and tweak to taste and metabolical predisposition. It allows unlimited amount of nuts/seeds and tubers/roots like the majority of hunter-gatherer diets excluding few extreme example like Masai and Innuits

Barry Sears - The Zone diet

The Zone diet is not that bad. We just have to ignore Sears unscientific nonsense about eicosanoids and the diet itself which promotes ample consumption of greens and veggies, no refined foods, no carb loads, good essential fatty acids and implement interesting and inteligent theories about caloric restriction for enhancing longevity and we have a rather healthy and sustenable diet

The block thing may be either annoying or a huge help in planning meal if one can understand it properly

Walter Willet - Eat Drink and Be Healthy

Willet has been on of the first nutritionists to criticize the food pyramid and accuse the USDA for their manipulated health information. Although he does allow moderate amount of grain food is one wants his diet is rich on essential fatty acids, vegetables and greens. Not hard to sustain on the paper has given great hematic results to the people following it being rather nutritionally complete where other diets are not

Kevin Vigilante and Mary Flynn - Low-Fat Lies High-Fat Frauds (mediterranean diet)

The mediterranean diet althought not as nutritionally dense as Dr. Furhman one and still containing the grains is not that bad in perspective. Not hard to follow, high nutritious compared to diet that favour calories dense foods and adequate in essential fatty acids intake. It is especially rich in antioxidants and high nutrients foods are consumed at every meal

Makato Suzuki - The Okinawa Program (asian diet)

The Okinawa are a population of centenaries that still live in good health. The Asian diet though through the sad contacts with united states is changing and adapting the western destructive lifestyle and mentality and newer generations of Okinawans are not immune to this and the effect in their health is noticeable

Hence the secret of the health populations of Okinawas was not any genetical factors but their lfiestyle and diet that once changed make them as vulnerable and biologically old as anyone else

The Okinawan diet is a sort of spokeperson for the Asian nutritional rural culture which has changed lately

This diet can be backed up with further and strong scientific evidence by accompanying it with the "China Study" of Tony T. Campbell that showed how the Asian diet is not nutritionally unadequate for a lack of typical western products (the myth of stunted growth in asians) but because of the politically induced poverty in certain regions which decrease the availability of "PLANT FOODS" especially "GREENS"

When greens are added to the diet of children who suffer from retarded growth, their growth problems reverse and they reach their height potential and have health and strong bone structure

Greens are added to complement their diet not meat.

The Okinawa diet is plant based, greens rich, EFA adequate and plus the cooking method is soups and boiling stew avoiding the aggressive cooking procedures that form toxins such as acrylamides in foods

It contains fish and meat but always consumed with non-starchy vegetables, it is also rich in fruits

Bircher-Bernerr - The Eubiotic Nutrition

The true pioneer of the raw diet before 1900 defied the medical orthodox establishment by feedin his patients with stomach distress raw (thought hard to digest) foods

And while the patients treated by others died his patients treated with a method considered folly survived and reversed most of their diseases. Her daughter continued his work

Her diet is based on the properties of green vegetables and clorophil

Although whole grains are allowed the diet emphasizes greens over anything

Susan Kleiner - Power Eating/High-Performance Nutrition

Susan Kleiner diets are the only specifically designed for sport and athletes diets that I trust

Unliked other sport diets whose focus is just on maximizing performance at the expense of a healthy diet or that just keep suggesting the old usda pyramid Kleiner focus on both proper nutrition and sport performance

She has different versions of his nutritional advice according to different needs including a vegetarian diet for weight-lifters and bodybuilders. She's a proponent of high consumption of antioxidants and phytochemicals rich plant foods

Cheryle Hart - The Insulin Resistance Diet

She's imo the only nutritionist that really understand anything about insulin resistance and the mechanism behind it. The diet is a good compromise between high protein (low nutrients) and low carb (less energy if adaptation doesn't occur) while not sacrifying nutrient density and basing her diet on green foods

Stephen Walsh - Plant Based Nutrition and Health

This is for those who would like to have no-nonsense info about vegan diet

Walsh is one of the few vegan authors that understands what he is talking about.

Absolutely specific and detailed in his references explain the pros and cons o veganism, the necessary supplementation and the best vegan diet which is not "grains based" (which is a reason why certain vegans experience failure to thrive) but "plant based"

Few others authors and nutritionists understand calcium, iron, zinc, vitamin B12, calories, amino acids, essential fatty acids and their implication so well as Walsh. Suggest to non-vegan too

Stanley Bass - From the Average Diet to Superior Nutrition in 7 Weekly Programs

This is a totally raw diet supplemented with eggs and raw dairy

It's the only kind of raw diet I can suggest in good conscience because Dr Graham one is too high in sugary fruits and too low in fats, Dr. Cousins is too low in fruits and plants and too high in fat

Dr. Vetrano is not a bad raw diet but its too extreme to be easily sustained on a social level by many

Dr. Bass diet is nutritionally rich as few are while being nutritionally adequate and less strict

The diet one thinking of going raw should follow imo

Dr. DeAndrea - 21 Days Detoxification program

This is the best detoxification diet for those who are interested in them and it's one of the few scientifically sound ones focusing on nourishing other than just clensing the system by allowing it a rest

Ray Walford - The Anti-Aging Plan

This is the best anti-oxidization aggressive plan out there. Still focusing on the effect of free-radicals on increasing biological age (since chronological age is just a cultural non scientific criteria) and on caloric restriction as the basis for increasing longevity unlike the others the nutrients density of the diet is not sacrified in favour of gimmicks and like Fuhrman, Bircher-Benner, Bass, Matesz and others have said ... greens are the foundation of whatever antioxidant warranty we can secure

Lyle McDonald - The Ketogenic Diet

This is the only ketogenic diet is suggest and the only book on the topic I consider reliable

The diet is no-carbs, short term or cyclic and explain all the pros and cons making sure that the whole procedure is safe. The book is referenced and well researched and unlike other books dealing with ketogenic metabolism superficially it is scientifically sound and rational

William Donald Kelley - Metabolic Tying Test Book

This is the only test on metabolic typing that I trust.

Donald Kelly is the real original author of the metabolic types and test before everyone plagiarized it and he conducted his researches with a scientific rigour that others like Walcott didn't

Dr. Kelley theories allowed his to reverse cancer but they have nothing to do with the simplistic 2 minute "do you like the reddish part of mea, do you salivate when thinking of a steak" test and its metabolic types are way more complicated and rational than the simple "carb type - eat more carbs" "protein type - eat more protein". To complete his test one would need 5-6 hours

The diets I don't like as I consider them to be based on nothing but unscientific gimmicks to sell more are: South Beach Diet, Weight Watcher Diet, Blood Type Diet, Atkins Diet. Other diets I consider nutritionally incomplete and unecessarily extremes as based on exaggerated theories taken to the extremes are: Protein Power, Pritikin Diet, Ornish Program, Homo Optimus, Sugar Busters, Hamptons Diet, Glycemic Index Diet

I'm not saying they don't work and people don't have results with them but just what I said: imo they adopt unecessary means that make the diet not as nutrients dense as it could be ... better to rely on something which give the same results without relying to unecessary measures that sabotage the nutrient density of the diet

Danny, what's your thought on the Weston A. Price diet (NOT Sally Fallon diet) of organ meats, eggs, fish, fruits, vegetables, fermented dairy / fermented veggies, sprouted grains / sprouted legumes?

Danny, what's your thought on the Weston A. Price diet (NOT Sally Fallon diet) of organ meats, eggs, fish, fruits, vegetables, fermented dairy / fermented veggies, sprouted grains / sprouted legumes?

Weston Price book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration is a good one. Price has great insight and wasn't extreme or exaggerated in his claims. He suggested to people to increase the nutrient potential of their diet and did that by adding plant, greens and ever carbs to the diet of the people he visited.

For example a typical meal he suggested to improve the health and dental health of people (especially on mission) was made of 5 tomatoes, 10 ounces of veggies, (especially lot of carrots), whole wheat, butter oil, tender meat, milk and 6 ounces of fruits

Far from being low-carb such meal would provide at least 130 grams of carbs

So Price was not worried about macronutrients, proteins, low-carb, high-carb or other nonsense but in once again increasing the nutrients density of people's diet. Switching from an high caloric diet devoid of nutrients to a diet founded on nutrient richer food.

In fact he referred to this meal as a "the nutrient-dense meal"

He claimed those people ate "highly sweetened coffee and white bread, vegetable fat, pancakes made of a white flour and eaten with syrup and doughnuts fried in vegetable fat" The diet contains no vegetables, fruits, or fresh animal products, and provides lots of sucrose the favored food of Streptococcus mutans, the bacteria involved in tooth decay. Streptococcus mutans does not thrive on starch.

He was also one of the first odonto-hygienist of the time suggesting that fruits were not enemies of the teeth and suggested an abundant consumption of fruits to all children.

Indeed he was obsessed with butter and thought butter contained an activator-x vitamin

That was a personal belief. He had never run a controlled experiment and in spite of his personal convinctions the results he obtained were most likely due to the increased nutrient density of the diet.

This special vitamin-like activator has never been observed, studied or isolated by Price it was just a strong almost religious belief for him. Time proved him wrong as new biochemical analysis methods has been unable to find any vitamin-like factor or co-factor peculiar of butter and animal products and lacking in other foods

Dr. Price theories of nutrition in relation to dental health are especially actual and interesting nowadays as it is well documented that teeth health correlates strictly with organs health and heart health

People with teeth and gums problems have also an high incidence of stroke, osteoporosis and atheriosclerosis.

While it was speculated that dental hygiene awareness equates with nutritional awareness it is nowadays proved that the same bacteria that thrives on a nutrients deficient diet and the morphology of the mouth typical of the western people due to awkard bone and jaw growth because of nutrients deficiency and hormonal unbalance caused by nutrient deficient diets (longer jaw, crowded teeth, high teeth arches and narrow bridge formation) also tickens the walls of arteries

Price acknowledge the link between dental health and mouth morphology and general health and longevity

In his words a properly grown mouth and teeth arches would need the brushing and flossing we need as there wouldn't be much place intra-teeth to deposit food particles

If I say that the rationale is that animals in nature have no decays or bacterial growth in the tongue even without using toothbrush and toothpastes one could answer that his/her cat has decays ... but Francis Pottenger observed that cats fed on raw meat (versus cooked) had no decays and no bacterial growth in their teeth. This is a cons or raw diets that raw foodists have no considered: cooked foods are such alterated in texture and water content that they stick to the teeth. It may not be a problem with cooked veggies wich are tender and remain water packed ... but clearly it is for other foods

That being said: The Westen A. Price Foundation is an insult to Weston A. Price

From Sally Fallon nostalgia for unhealthy practices to Barry Groves pseudoscience and absolute ignorance on physiology and nutrition it has lost all the positive and rational insight of Dr. Price and just thrive on debating over macronutrient percentage and tiny amount of this or that food and suggesting diet loaded in meat, dairy and fats and way less nutrient-dense than Weston Price meal

There's another book/diet that I forgot to mention which I like

James Braly - The H Factor Diet

H stands for homocysteine a toxic byproduct of amino acids metabolism released by our body

Homocysteine is the best marker of low levels vitamin B's, especially folates (folic acid), B12 and B6

It is nowadays known that plasma B12 test are completely useless in evalutating the adequacy of B12 levels

Homocysteine test is the best way to know whether you have adequate or deficient levels of vitamin B12

Because of this high homocysteine levels have been associated with stroke, heart attack, alzheimer disease

But high homocysteine levels are also a marker for low glutathione and L-cysteine wich are potent antioxidants

All in all high homocystine levels are associated with more than 60 condition including depression, cancer, ulcers, diabetes, atheriosclerosis, artrithis, immuno deficiency, hypotension, hypothyroidism and with accelerated biological aging

Just lowering one's body levels of homocysteine is effective in reversing several conditions and preventing many others. The best most effective way to lower homocysteine levels is increasing folates intake which means: greens, greens and greens

Other important measures are an adequate intake of vitamins B12 which nowadays call for supplementation

B12 comes from bacteria and was ever present in the diet of the past. But our oversanitized aseptic world doesn't allow an adequate bioavailability of vitamin B12 not even from animal foods considering that cobalamin is sensitive to heating and cooking. The majority of people consuming meat everyday have high homocysteine levels showing a need for supplementation

Vegetarian and vegans (when eating healthy and not just avoiding meat in favour of french fries and lasagna) have actually a lower risk because their naturally high levels of folates make up, to a certain extent, for lower vitamin B12 levels making their average homocysteine levels actually lower than those regular meat eater than have no good folates source

Being homocysteine a toxic byproduct certain foods increases naturally homocysteine levels not by being low in folates, vitamin B6 or cobalamin but because of their metabolic impact

These foods are cheeses, meats, animal organs, table salts, refined starches (which also increase the risk by adding acrylamides to the mix) coffee, alcohol

The foods that instead have positive impact on homocysteine are greens, vegetable proteins (starchy veggies, non-starchy veggies, legumes), fruits sugars, nuts fats, fish meat, yogurt and eggs

Consistent with Eat 2 Live, Dr. Bircher-Bennar diet, Dr. bass diet, Okinawa diet, mediterranean diet, Walsh diet, Walford diet, Willet diet and so on GREENS are the best food ever for this diet too

Not only they have a positive impact on homocysteine levels (don't raise them) and they are the richest source of folates but they are also one of the richest source of magnesium and gluthatione, 2 other nutrients that are vital in keeping homocysteine levels low

The WAPF does have it's plusses. It's very informative on the dangers of MSG and fluoride (don't know how accurate the latter info is, but I don't use fluoride anyway so it's no concern to me). Sally Fallon and Mary Enig were I believe the first to bring up the concern over soy (which is probably partly valid if you're an old school veggie who has soy as a staple, but otherwise tofu once a week isn't going to hurt you). They also bring up the point of fermented foods and sprouted foods too and the health properties of those, as well as the raw milk argument.

A troubling thing about diet is that many people just tell blatant out right lies and it really pollutes the arena of knowledge. Even Joel Furhmen is not immune to this; I read an article where he basically said coconuts and coconut oil is horrible for you, and that coconut oil doesn't even have much lauric acid... Then I did some research, the lauric acid is more then 50 percent, and the abstracts of studies on it show either beneficial or no effect on cardiovascular health... For example, here http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/article%20032305.pdf you can read "It should be evident that coconut oil is not a player in the atherogenic game... in fact, it may even be anti-athernogenic."

The WAPF does have it's plusses. It's very informative on the dangers of MSG and fluoride (don't know how accurate the latter info is, but I don't use fluoride anyway so it's no concern to me). Sally Fallon and Mary Enig were I believe the first to bring up the concern over soy (which is probably partly valid if you're an old school veggie who has soy as a staple, but otherwise tofu once a week isn't going to hurt you). They also bring up the point of fermented foods and sprouted foods too and the health properties of those, as well as the raw milk argument.

Yeah, as far as information are concerned they have interesting things to say once in while but since you asked specifically about their diet I don't find it expecially good or advisable nor faithful to Price original intentions and theories/obervations

A troubling thing about diet is that many people just tell blatant out right lies and it really pollutes the arena of knowledge. Even Joel Furhmen is not immune to this; I read an article where he basically said coconuts and coconut oil is horrible for you, and that coconut oil doesn't even have much lauric acid... Then I did some research, the lauric acid is more then 50 percent, and the abstracts of studies on it show either beneficial or no effect on cardiovascular health... For example, here http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/article%20032305.pdf you can read "It should be evident that coconut oil is not a player in the atherogenic game... in fact, it may even be anti-athernogenic."

This is strange because Furhman doesn't forbid coconut from his diet and consider it a good fat

It may have advised people against consuming coconut oil just like he does for olive oil, for the simple reason that all the nutrients and phytochemicals originally contained in the olive and the coconut are completely list. So you have 200 calories in a teaspoon completely devoid of nutrients

The more oil you add, the more you're lowering the nutrients-per-calorie density of your diet.

Or maybe he just was reacting to the exaggerated claims about the benefits of gulping down 500 calories of coconut oily daily

Also small, much, lot, some are veru ambiguos sentences and maybe he just meant to say that not 100% nor 90% of coconut oil is lauric acid and there are other fatty acids as well

I could write him an email and ask him what he meant to say

Do you have a link for the article? or reference, data, title?

All tropical oils (palm and coconut) are highly saturated fats. Like butter, cheese, and meat, tropical oils raise LDL cholesterol and clog arteries with plaque, increasing your risk of a heart attack. We use coconut oil (because it is so highly saturated) in animal experiments to create atherosclerotic plaque for studying heart disease in animals. There are different kinds of saturated fats with different impact on LDL cholesterol levels. One long-chain sat fat, stearic acid, has little impact on LDL cholesterol. But other long-chain saturated fatty acids, like the ones that make up most of the saturated fat in coconut and palm oils (known as tropical oils), do in fact raise LDL cholesterol considerably. These saturated fats are called palmitic, myristic, and lauric acids. They also make up most of the saturated fatty acids in meat, poultry, and dairy fats like milk and cheese. Other saturated fats that have little impact on LDL cholesterol levels include medium-chain varieties like caproic, caprylic, and capic acids. A small percentage of the saturated fat in coconut oil, about 10%, is made up of these less harmful saturated fatty acids, but virtually all the rest of coconut oil’s saturated fat is made up of the long-chain varieties that raise LDL.

Coconut oil is getting promoted on the web, internet and even the health food industry, claiming its healthy because most of its fat is made up of medium chain fatty acids (MCT), which are metabolized differently. Yes, it is true that a small portion of coconut oil is MCT (C-6 to C-10 fatty acids) and these do get oxidized more quickly and have little impact on LDL-C levels. However, because the vast majority of saturated fatty acids in coconut oil are the longer chain fatty acids, C-12 to C-16 (lauric, myristic and palmitic acids) it does in fact elevate LDL-C. The idea that MCT fats will induce weight loss or detoxify the liver is an example of alternative nonsense at its highest level. Coconut oil is 92% saturated, making it more saturated than butter, beef tallow, or even lard. Palm oil, though it contain less saturated fat (50%), is full of a type of saturated fat, palmitic acid, which appears to be most conducive to heart disease.

You just can't believe everything you read on the internet. This man above (and Dr. Mercola too) has been taken in by health food industry hype, it is wrong. The coconut oil industry likes to point out that the traditional Polynesian diet - high in tropical oils like coconut - is linked with relatively low rates of heart disease. However, it's important to remember that heart disease involves multiple variables. It is not all fat. The high consumption of fruits, vegetables, fish and the low consumption of cheese and beef obviously are critical in studies of people on traditional Polynesian diets with low rates from heart disease. To attribute the benefit to consuming coconut oil is very deceptive and a clear marketing ploy. I for one am not claiming that eating coconuts is unhealthy in the context of an otherwise healthy diet or that a little saturated fat is so deadly, rather it is the low level of micronutrients eating a diet rich in processed foods such as oil and the high consumption of animal products that shifts natural plant food off our plate that are key. But anyone that claims coconut oil is a health food, or good quality butter is good for you, is clearly not someone you should trust with your health.

So where's the studies about coconut oil giving atherogenic plaque...? I just posted one that claimed the contrary, and there's others... I guess I was mistaken that he does admit coconut oil is more then 50 percent lauric acid, but from my understanding, lauric acid is not going to contribute to bad heart health...

So where's the studies about coconut oil giving atherogenic plaque...? I just posted one that claimed the contrary, and there's others... I guess I was mistaken that he does admit coconut oil is more then 50 percent lauric acid, but from my understanding, lauric acid is not going to contribute to bad heart health...

Uhmm everything about fat is still confusing or not. Fuhrman is absolutely sure that saturated fats cause heart disease ... I'm not so shure ... because all the studies either on mono, poly or sat are just able to prove correlation but not causation and studies differ in their interpretations

Anthony Komaroff M.D for example claims that althought certain promoters and sellers of cononut oil have claimed lauric acid has neutral or even beneficial properties, by contrast "there's a great deal of increasing evidence that, like other saturated fats, lauric acid increases LDL levels"

Lauric acid is thought to be either neutral/positive or negative

Consumption of coconut as part of a whole diet doesn't seem to have negative effects on lipids

Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2004;13(4):377-84. Dietary intake and the risk of coronary heart disease among the

coconut-consuming Minangkabau

So at least Furhman is right in suggesting that the whole coconut is still an healthy food while there are doubts about coconut oil.

I consume two teaspoon of coconut oil in my salad because it has helped my dermatitis but aside from that I eat whole coconut flesh and milk. The amount of coconut oil suggested by certain .. shall we say fanatics? ... on daily basis is absurd

Since you got that article from Furhman blog I suggest you to just reply to the article with your doubts and questions so that other experts (not only Dr. Furhman) can reply to your question

http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/healt...lent-foods.html

Yeah, I put whole dried coconut flakes in my smoothies because it's way cheaper to do that then the oil...

That's what we're discussing. Obviously me and Danny both eat it... I think it's fine, and probably the best oil to cook with because it has the least possibility of oxidation.

Have anyone read Jon barron Book "Lessons from the Miracle Doctors"??

IPB Image

INFO:

Lessons From The Miracle Doctors: A Step By Step Guide To Optimum Health And Relief From Catastrophic Illness by Jon Barron (member of the advisory board of The Health Sciences Institute) is a no-nonsense guide that anyone can follow to optimize their diet, nutrition, exercise, and life habits for improved well-being, especially when confronted with the specter of severe health threats. Written for the lay person, Lessons From The Miracle Doctors offers sound advice on enzymes, herbs that promote health, how to keep one's liver clean, turning around one's thoughts to a positive attitude, the incomparable value of vigorous exercise, and much more. Extensively researched and easy-to-follow, Lessons From The Miracle Doctors is enthusiastically recommended for its sound advice.

You can download free from his website as I did: http://www.jonbarron.org/books.php

It is still interesthing what other think about this book?! So let's discuss this book?

PS: Example Barron suggest to take use rest of your life: enzymes and probiotics... And Natural Acne Ebook Author Seppo Pussa also agree with Barron as suggest to use allways..

Have anyone read Jon barron Book "Lessons from the Miracle Doctors"??

You can download free from his website as I did: http://www.jonbarron.org/books.php

It is still interesthing what other think about this book?! So let's discuss this book?

Thanks for the info. I will download the book, read it and let you know

Guys what do you think about this: "To much oily skin couse only of hormonal imbalance"? Is it right? (Those people that even dont have acne)

And about estrogen I have high level estrogen and Baron books says you can balance estrogen level with natural progestesterone creams?!!