Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nadita

Help! Am I doing something wrong with the moisturizer over the BP?

So today before going to bed I put BP PanOxyl Aqua gel 5% all over my face.. I let it dry until it was completely dry... Then I used Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face lotion... My face was SOOOOOO oily, and I had a feeling that the lotion would just not stick to my skin! In fact, it was rubbing off all over my pillows, and I even woke up in the middle of the night with some of this stuff IN MY EYE!! :(

WTF!?

It might be your Bp. I don't know, but the word aqua makes me think it hydrates. So maybe that why your skin won't absorb the moisturizer. Maybe?

I find that if I wait until my skin is completely dry, ie that dry tight feeling, then my moisturizer doesn't absorb as well. I generally just wait until it doesn't feel sticky or tacky anymore, but not quite completely dry.

I think that's a common problem. And I think I read somewhere on this site that the best thing to do is allow your moisturizer a little time to absorb then just dust off the little rollies with a wash cloth. I just blot with a tissue after applying. Seems to prevent that problem.

Wow thanks people.. I think the combination of not letting it dry completely and blotting works :dance:

I think it's more the blotting part hahah but yeah since I discovered moisturizer over BP it's reaaaally made a difference (I used to use BP alone)... NO MORE FLAKES FOR MEEEEEEE :whistle::D