Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KnowShow

water fast.. going on hour 37

so i did a 2 day juice fast sat/sunday.. then ate sunday night because I had to work monday.. then I ate nothing all day Tuesday and into Wednesday (today) . To some this sounds really dumb, but you have no idea how helpful this can be for acne.. almost all of my acne has died down. I must worn people who are not as healthy as me, no offense but this applies to anyone reading this) . I experienced severe side effects last night including headache, noise sensitivity, fatigue, dizziness, allergy symptoms in the throat and mouth, strange heartbeats that were irregular and very powerful, and some asthmatic breathing. This was caused by the toxins in my intestines/colon/and other organs being digested into the colon. This happens because the digestive enzymes that are normally busy in the stomache go elsewhere to break down waste/toxins. These toxins then entered the bloodstream thus triggering the side effects, until the blood can conquere the toxins. For the most part I only eat raw fruits and vegetables, this is a cleanse in itself, so someone who eats cooked food, animal protein, etc. would experience much harsher side effects. I recommend completely a couple juice fasts seperated by eating only raw fruits and vegetables before doing a water fast. The hunger is not as much a factor for me as the toxins. I have a very fast metabolism so the effects of this fast occured very quickly, most do not experience what I did last night, and into the morning, I was up until 4am. until the second night/third day. My main goal was to cleanse the colon and although I have been using psylium husks, triphala and a master cleanse for the colon, The food I was eating was getting in the way of eliminating the toxins. so I figured I would not eat anything until I was empty.

It is recommended to do enemas during a cleanse to remove the toxins before they hit the bloodstream.. I know I could have used one last night as I was constipated.. I have been taking the master cleanse tablets and triphala and had some psyllium husks this morning too. Psyllium is not recommended during the cleanse though as it slows the cleansing process.

Fasting is a great way to cleanse, just be careful and go read about it from a few sources.. don't take my word for it.. but I'll keep you guys updated on the acne... next is a few colonics and then some liver flushes.. and then I KNOW I will be clear..

so i did a 2 day juice fast sat/sunday.. then ate sunday night because I had to work monday..

What you ate to break the fast?

Fasting is a great way to cleanse, just be careful and go read about it from a few sources.. don't take my word for it.. but I'll keep you guys updated on the acne... next is a few colonics and then some liver flushes.. and then I KNOW I will be clear..

Dr. Joel Fuhrman - Fasting and Eating for Health

Dr. Isabelle Moser - How and When to be Your Own Doctor (Fasting) [read online]

so i did a 2 day juice fast sat/sunday.. then ate sunday night because I had to work monday..

What you ate to break the fast?

Dr. Joel Fuhrman - Fasting and Eating for Health

Dr. Isabelle Moser - How and When to be Your Own Doctor (Fasting) [read online]

I had a papaya and and avocado to break the fast.. two very soft peices of fruit, one with sugar, the other with fat.. then unfortunately I binged on dried rasberries and brazilian nuts that night.

thanks for that great article danny.. just woke up from a nap and feeling very weak.. I need to do laundry and work tomorrow so I am breaking the fast after 40 + hours.. I didn't have the last bowel movements I wish I could have.. I guess I NEED a colonic (s) . I began drinking grapefruit juice 1 teaspoon at a time...

This fast was no joke.. really strained my body but I feel like it did A TON of good. It killed almost all of my acne and I believe my acne will continue to diminish and along with my diet I should be able to remain clear. w

This fast was no joke.. really strained my body but I feel like it did A TON of good. It killed almost all of my acne and I believe my acne will continue to diminish and along with my diet I should be able to remain clear. w

Did you take two or more showers a day? Did you drink lot of water through the day?

Fasting should be actually called a water diet and whatever mean of hydrotherapy (including showers, bath, pretzels cures) is the best way to experience the fast without feeling too much drained and facilitating the autolisys process

Animals for example always fast (when sick or wounded) near a river ... and alternate drinking and or contacts with the water with reasting and sleeping

You also need fresh air and oxygen so never leave the windows completely closed in your house while fasting

Also don't nap in a dark room but allow the sun the light your room as you take your naps

Rest a lot whenever you can, meditate and listen to music ... don't do streneous works and don't let the stress of having "things done" at all cost take over

Emphasize the rest component

One therapeutic fasting doctor even says: Fasting and rest

i took 1 shower last night and one this mornign adn I will take another tonight.

probably could have taken one more during the day or one at 3AM when I felt awful..

Had the windows shut in my room but some were open in my apartment and its very open. I didn't want the ragweed to bother me while I was sleeping

thanks for the other advice, pretty much followed it all.

I broke the fast at about 3:19 and then my next feedign was at about 5:45 where I ate too much food.. I started with some juice then had half a large papaya followed by a honeycrisp apple then an avocado.. then i took a break for an hour . Then I had some honey (very bad) then some lemonade that I made with honey, then a grapefruit and an avocado.. I hope i didn't just deciet the whole purpose of the fast. I still haven't had that last bowel movement I was hoping for.. I took a ton of triphala, 2 multi lax herbal pills and drank two cups of senna tea.. I think my colon is waiting to get filled up again.. wtf.

Your intestines as dried up. You can't have a b.m if you have nothing in your gut. This is normal.

I must worn people who are not as healthy as me, no offense but this applies to anyone reading this)

Firstly, it's "warn". Secondly, you are a douchebag, and nobody with any sense would listen to what you 'recommend'.

I feel like I am the first sane person to respond to this thread.

I must worn people who are not as healthy as me, no offense but this applies to anyone reading this)

Firstly, it's "warn". Secondly, you are a douchebag, and nobody with any sense would listen to what you 'recommend'.

Don't knock fasting before you research it. So many people "think" they know what they're talking about and say "Oh, I majored in biology, so fasting is bad!" Well, Joel Furhman obviously studied biology and bichem, and is one of the more mainstream "celebrity doctors", and wait a second... he recommends fasting? He must be crazy!

KnowShow may get angry at times but he's not a bad guy. And yeah, the more unhealthy you are, the worse the detox reaction you are going to get, I know plenty of friends and family that eat unhealthy and if they're without food for more then a few hours, they go crazy, meanwhile I can go without for 8 hours if I have to and not have too much negative effect, and have done a 3 day juice fast in the past (wow did I feel great on the last day...)

Fasting is not starvation

Fasting usually stops the hunger sensation and starvation begins when hunger reappears and it is ignored

There's nothing magical in fasting. The digestive system is a big effort for the body

You just don't have to consider the calories consumed in chewing and churning food but the whole process of metabolization and excretion and how it takes much of the blood flow to occur

For example scans of the digestive system have showed how during fasting much of the blood flow is redirected towards the excretative organs rather than the digestive ones.

If one is sick this process just unecessarly stresses the body more than the body needs and prevent those metabolically resorses to be used elsewhere.

The mechanism is the same by which caloric restriction (20-30% of calories less considered adequate for your body weight and physical activity levels but not decreased nutrients intake) is clinically proved to have such an extraordinary effect on increasing longevity and decreasing biological age of the body

On fasting the body survives on fat deposits and old, diseases tissues which are destroyed and reautilized as nutrients. This is called autolysis and explains how cysts and tumors can disappear (be autolized) by the body during the fasting or how low iron and calcium levels can rise and normalize without food being consumed.

Starvation begins with metabolic stores of nutrients used during the fasting are depleted.

These stores are amino acids and minerals found in the blood and hematic pools; amino acids and vitamins and minerals rycicled through the turnover of tissues, glycogen stored in the liver, nutritive substances in the lymph, nutritive stores in the bone marrow, vitamin stores in the glands and several kilos of fat all over the body. Even after 25 days of fasting the decrease in volume of the vital organs like the brain is irrelevant or non-existant, autolysis process doesn't touch vital tissues of the body

Fasting is an instinctive process in animals and babies which instinctively known that when sick keeping the digestive process active puts just an unecessary burned upon the body, they instinctively lose their hunger when they're sick and rest and fast

If fast can be sustained for even more than 30 days it should be noted how 3 or 7 days still enough to have positive effects on the body is a irrelevant time to be the slightest dangerous.

If 7 days without food where enough to disrupt our metabolism irreversibly we would have all extincted many centuries ago

"Oh, I majored in biology, so fasting is bad!"

Yeah, not to mention that an expert on biology would understand very little about fasting as it belongs to the realm of applied physiology and well bioendochemistry as well

^ ^ ^ Yeah it's funny because I actually heard someone give that as a reason why fasting was bad on these forums before...

you feel dumb.

anyways...

skins doing AWESOME btw. I just wish I did a better job of breaking the fast.. I'm gonna do another round.. Juice fast sunday-monday .. water diet.. tuesday - wednesday. then go back to juice.. i will ease off the fast.. I wish I had the guts to do some enemas.. Im just worried something will go wrong. I will get a colonic though because then i know a profesional is handling it.

WARNING ::: IF YOU ARE GOING TO TRY THIS >> EAT ONLY FRUITS AND VEGETABLES 2 WEEKS BEFORE FAST OR YOU WILL GET VERY ILL>>> .

water fast update....

well.. i did break out from the fast.. bbut this is a side effect of a fast that people who don't normally get aacne experience.. small pimples in places I don't usually break out.. however the usually suspects have been good and I've been handling other food much better than I used to .. I always notice that some foods that use to taste very good to me do not anymore and this tells me they are bad for me.. For instance, I used to eat 3-4 grapefruits a day.. now they taste bad so I don't eat them, same with rasberries and blueberrys. Basically for fruit all I eat is apples and pears and they taste great.