Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jml519

Week 8, still breaking out

Hey guys.

I know, I know, I know. Wait 3 full months before giving up. But it's SOOOO HARD! I will have like 2 days in a row with no new zits and get so excited, and then BAM! I woke up yesterday with a horrific nodule, and 2 zits with heads, and another smaller, not as obvious nodule by my lip (see my sig).

I absolutely will not give up and am definitely going to stick it out till I'm 3 months invested, but geez-oh-weez, give me a break! It's so hard to stay motivated, but I know that quitting will not solve my problems at all either so I'm hanging in there.

How many of you out there who are now totally clear were still breaking out in week 8?

I don't have any extras in my regimen. My products are listed below and I'm super gentle, wait the allotted time, don't touch my face. I even went back a couple nights ago and reread all of the instructions and watched the videos just to be sure I'm not overlooking something.

Need some love right now, you guys! :cry:

I was!!!!!!

I actually JUST NOTICED LAST NIGHT - that my face - is completely, 100% clear. I started the CSR on June 3rd, which was four months ago. I still broke out even into the 3rd month, but all of a sudden -

last night, I looked in the mirror, and realized I have not one active spot on my face. I almost shouted for joy.

I know that it's the CSR that did it, because I have been lax about applying the regimen properly to my chest (which is my other breakout prone area). I'm still breaking out there.

But my face, where I have followed the CSR religiously, is totally clear now.

Keep at it, this can work!!!!!

jml, have you watched the videos at http://www.acne.org/video.html ? I wanna make doubly sure you're on the regimen precisely. Also, how much BP are you using. When in doubt, use a little more. Lastly, some people don't like the cetaphil moisturizer. I want to suggest you try a different moisturizer as well. Which one? It's hard to say because I don't know of a great one, but Brandy has had good success with Lac Hydrin Five and Moisturel, so they could be candidates.

Wow, I feel kind of honored that I've personally heard from Dan. Thanks!

Yep, I wrote in the original post that I went back and re-read the instructions and re-watched the videos.

Every time I try to ramp up to a full finger, my skin gets horribly irritated -- redness, dryness, and burning. I currently go up to just over the last knuckle, or just over 3/4 of a finger. I was on the regimen at the beginning of this year and right at about this point I introduced AHA on suggestion to reduce flakiness, & my skin FREAKED OUT. It was literally burning -- complete with blisters and scabs. I had to quit the regimen altogether and decided to give it another try with NO bells or whistles.

Due to my sensitive reaction to bp, I have had to go really slow. The Cetaphil is the only moisturizer I've found that didn't overly irritate my skin but has helped with the flakes (I can't use SPF either). I've been following your thread about jojoba though and I'm so tempted to give it a shot but I'm terrified of having a "relapse." It's for this reason too and the bad experience I had earlier this year that I hestitate to try the Lac-Hydrin 5. I'm 8 weeks in and my skin still burns a little bit (more like a tingling, really) when I do the regimen. I've accepted the fact that I am obviously sensitive, but my understanding is that as long as you're not clinically allergic, you can have success on the regimen.

I really liked the texture of Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin, but it wasn't good at keeping the flakes in check. I would like to try going back to this moisturizer and add the jojoba. Does the jojoba cause any kind of burning? I hate feeling like my skin is crawling.

Anyone else out there have any input? Thanks in advance!

OMG 4-5 months??? Did you have sensitivity to products (like me) or just really stubborn acne?

OMG 4-5 months??? Did you have sensitivity to products (like me) or just really stubborn acne?

I'm at the one month mark and got really really sensitive to an application of BP, out of the blue, I became all red and marks got worse, I had to back off the bp and realize I may have applied too much I can handle, although dan's say the more the better but its worse if your skin doesn't want it. I going back to doing it slowly, I had stopped bp for a day, my skin did get whiter and better and pimples started going away, just with the cleanser but it couild of been periodically, who knows though?? If that happens again I will try 2 or 3 days off BP but then getting back on will make me redish again and maybe a breakout, and I may blame the BP, its so confusing??????? :wall:

hey! i was still breaking out at week 8, but that was when i started to notice my breakouts were much less regular and severe. i didnt have sensitivity issues so our situations are prob quite different, but just know that there is def hope...and if you make it to clear you will be sooo glad you did it and you will find it was all worth it. seriously, i have had 1 pimple in the last 2 months and it was small and disappeared immediately.

I'm on my 2nd day with no new zits, but I've been down this road before so I'm not ready to do a happy dance just yet. I'm soldiering on and I'm not gonna give up but it's so darn discouraging to be this far in and still dealing with flakes and irritation (and zits!!). The tingling is almost non-existent anymore and every day it's a little better. Patience has never been one of my stong suits....

jml, you say patience is not your strong suit, but you are doing a great job despite the fact you are frustrated right now. I know it sucks to see a little progress and then BAM, a new breakout. I just wanted to say that I empathize and the we all support you.....good luck and check back in.

just really stubborn acne. :(

Hey guys.

I know, I know, I know. Wait 3 full months before giving up. But it's SOOOO HARD! I will have like 2 days in a row with no new zits and get so excited, and then BAM! I woke up yesterday with a horrific nodule, and 2 zits with heads, and another smaller, not as obvious nodule by my lip (see my sig).

If it makes you feel any better, I got those same EXACT zits today!!! Day 6 for me, it's the first breakout on my CSR. The road to clear skin ain't gonna be easy, but with forums like these it shouldn't be too hard! :dance: Hang in there!

hi im on 8 weeks + 5 days and still breaking out! :cry:

i get to the point when i have 3 dying spots and i think great when they have gone i will be spot free!!!!!BUT then i wake up with 3 new ones! :( i hope this works soon!we must stick for 3 months! (although i have been a little naughty and picked!) :doh:

i got a pretty bad breakout in month 5, so that whole 3 month never worked out for me. i was continuing to get new zits until just last month, when i really started to clear up. i mean, when i started, i did see good improvement, but i was still constantly getting new zits. but yeah, it took 5 months for that to start, where i would just get one every once in awhile, and now, six months through, im clear.

half a year. hard to believe, its such a long time doing this.

it took me about four months to get the results i wanted and maybe even more... the thing is it takes a long time to find teh right products and such so ya gotta stick in there... becaue now even though i may get a pimple or two , my face is still a billion times better than what it use to be before i started the regimen

I'm well over the 3 month mark and I'm still breaking out, just nothing as crazy as before.

Just redmarks, my immortal enemy...