Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JBMAN

Benzyol peroxide

Hi guys, I'm new to this site. I'm a 18 year old male that suffers from Mild to Moderate acne and joined this website hoping that I could recieve some advice and tips helping my acne. Yesterday I started on Benzyol peroxide, does anybody know who good this stuff is? How many times a day should it be applied to your face? Any side-effects to it? Thanks for reading.

Hi guys, I'm new to this site. I'm a 18 year old male that suffers from Mild to Moderate acne and joined this website hoping that I could recieve some advice and tips helping my acne. Yesterday I started on Benzyol peroxide, does anybody know who good this stuff is? How many times a day should it be applied to your face? Any side-effects to it? Thanks for reading.

What % BP are you using? There is a whole regimen based on 2.5% BP that lots of people on this website use - look under the Clear Skin Regimen section for more information. This regimen has you apply 2.5% BP twice a day.

If you are using a higher % BP, you might want to give your skin time to get used to it (esp if you are using 10% BP), and only apply it once a day. You should apply it to all of your breakout prone areas (even if those areas aren't currently broken out) - but only leave it on for 15-20 min for the first few nights, then wash it off. The next few nights, leave it on for 30 min, then after that an hour, etc. If you give your skin a couple of weeks to get used to the BP, then you can avoid the dryness and peeling to some extent (a common side effect of BP). After 2 wks, you could then leave it on overnight. This method worked pretty well for me.

Good luck with your regimen!!