Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Infinity06

How to exfloiate flakes?

Any methods in getting rid of these flakes or lessening them? I heard you can use a cheap toth brush against your skin and simply brush them off?

Is this safe to do so beings as I'm still on the CSR or is there an alternative route I should take perhaps?

OMG don't do that. I ended up with like orange peel look!

I use lots of water soak, then circles with fingers or a soft papertowel, massaging in circles keepng it moist, very moist. Stop when it gets too red, then have another go in a few days....

If your skin isn't incredibly sensitive, you could try a sugar scrub.

Just take a dollop of your normal face wash and mix in enough sugar to make it thicker, and so you can feel a good (whatever that means to you) "scrubbing" action when you rub it between your fingers. Then use your cleanser as usual, but you can pay a little more attention to the flakey areas and it helps get rid of extra dead skin without drying you out.

Remember, the more sugar you add, the more "scrub" you're going to get, so if you're sensitive, you should probably start out with a very small amount added.

basically taking a rag and doing a circle like motion (rag must be wet)... being as gentle as posssible... but even then really only time will reduce the flakes to satisfactory

p.s - also make sure the rag is clean lol

Any methods in getting rid of these flakes or lessening them? I heard you can use a cheap toth brush against your skin and simply brush them off?

Is this safe to do so beings as I'm still on the CSR or is there an alternative route I should take perhaps?

What I used to do is to stand under the warm shower water and let the water moisten my face and soften the flakes. Then lather up your cleanser and gently massage it around, loosening the flakes. Then when you rinse keep gently massaging the softened flakes and they should come off.

If you are having a big problem with flakes, do consider using an AHA moisturizer. AHA's exfoliate the skin without harsh irritation. You can consider Lac-Hydrin Five or Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. Out of the two, Lac-Hydrin Five is milder.

Also, you can consider trying Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, it is good at keeping flakes away and hydrating. Although it is not an AHA lotion and won't exfoliate.

What I used to do is to stand under the warm shower water and let the water moisten my face and soften the flakes. Then lather up your cleanser and gently massage it around, loosening the flakes. Then when you rinse keep gently massaging the softened flakes and they should come off.

If you are having a big problem with flakes, do consider using an AHA moisturizer. AHA's exfoliate the skin without harsh irritation. You can consider Lac-Hydrin Five or Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. Out of the two, Lac-Hydrin Five is milder.

Also, you can consider trying Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, it is good at keeping flakes away and hydrating. Although it is not an AHA lotion and won't exfoliate.

Yeh I'm just wondering whether I should change the moistizer or not? I've only been on the CSR for about 4 weeks now, Do you think its a good idea me changing mourtirzer at such an early stage? Or will that not effect my skin and cause breakouts only have an effect on the flakes?

Another thing is should I apply BP to my entire face or just to places where acne is mainly active and where I recieve breakouts mostly? Thanks

Yeh I'm just wondering whether I should change the moistizer or not? I've only been on the CSR for about 4 weeks now, Do you think its a good idea me changing mourtirzer at such an early stage? Or will that not effect my skin and cause breakouts only have an effect on the flakes?

Another thing is should I apply BP to my entire face or just to places where acne is mainly active and where I recieve breakouts mostly? Thanks

I think you are far enough into it to add an AHA moisturizer. You should apply bp to yor acne prone areas, basically anywhere acne is or has been.

I think you are far enough into it to add an AHA moisturizer. You should apply bp to yor acne prone areas, basically anywhere acne is or has been.

Thanks, And how do I got about adding this AHA moisturizer in to my current regieme which is the CSR? Do I still need the Cetaphil?

Start by using it at night in place of Cetaphil. Then if your face accepts it, you can start using it twice a day in place of Cetaphil.