Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ronnie_bb

What do you think of people

Ive always worn a cap since getting acne when I was younger, really only to cover the spots I had on my forehead. Its just become habit, Ive nearly always got one on. Of course, not when Im having dinner or out somewhere on occasion. Im also at uni atm, so I really dont have to worry about hat courtesy, if you can call it that.

So what you ask? Well the other night having dinner with my folks, rellies and their friends, someone sparked a convo regarding jobs, when one woman mentioned people that wear hats end up as shit kickers, and such and such before sneering. Ignorance. I wanted to say something, but didnt. Interestingly enough my head wasn't donning a hat that night.

So it made me think. I never really gave a toss before. But obviously some people perceive you differently for wearing a cap. Dunno.

Living in Aus I guess its commonplace to wear a cap. Just a though. Assumptions bug me.

Who else wears a cap/hat?

i live in the us and it dont bother me people wear hats. i dont even notice it. my friend wears a hat all the time cause he is going bald. hes 18 and i feel really bad for him. :cry:

A lot of guys I know who used to wear a hat all the time are now bald. Your hair needs to breathe and cannot be confined to a hat all day and all night.

I come from places where we wore hats because it was cold or we needed the shade. I feel that it's out of place here, but that could be because of my background. I'm not a fan of hats on guys, but mostly because some look like goobers.

I wear a cap when I have a bad hair day. It doesn't mean I am a scally or a no-hoper or anything like that though, it just means I have greasy hair! :lol:

Ive always worn a cap since getting acne when I was younger, really only to cover the spots I had on my forehead. Its just become habit, Ive nearly always got one on. Of course, not when Im having dinner or out somewhere on occasion. Im also at uni atm, so I really dont have to worry about hat courtesy, if you can call it that.

So what you ask? Well the other night having dinner with my folks, rellies and their friends, someone sparked a convo regarding jobs, when one woman mentioned people that wear hats end up as shit kickers, and such and such before sneering. Ignorance. I wanted to say something, but didnt. Interestingly enough my head wasn't donning a hat that night.

So it made me think. I never really gave a toss before. But obviously some people perceive you differently for wearing a cap. Dunno.

Living in Aus I guess its commonplace to wear a cap. Just a though. Assumptions bug me.

Who else wears a cap/hat?

I wear a cap from time to time. The person who said it is probably a bitch with issues.

A lot of guys I know who used to wear a hat all the time are now bald. Your hair needs to breathe and cannot be confined to a hat all day and all night.

Your hair is already dead ;o

I dont wear caps but i do wear a motorcycle helmet. I use Dax wax and hair gel in my hair then put my helmet on going to work, all the gel and wax does be on my forehead but i just wipe it off. I never get spots on my forehead though :confused: If i do its like only 1 every 5 or 6 months if even that.

I drive to work just incase any smart arses thought i walked or got the bus with a motorcycle helmet on ;)

thats a coincidence. only way a hat would cause you to lose your hair is if it was so tight that blood wasnt reaching your head. anyways, i just bought a hat cause my hair is in the stage of growing back (it was buzzed) . because when it starts growing back it looks shitty until its longer :D.

I like my hair so I never wear a cap. If a guy ALWAYS wears a cap I assume he is going bald and trying to hide it. They are okay if your playing ball but to wear all the time I dont like them.

Thats not really true as every professional baseball player would be bald by now since they constantly wear caps and thats not the case for most of them. A lot of guys wear a cap in the early stages of balding to hide it so when they go completely bald maybe people assume thats why they lost their hair.

Couldn't care less whether people wear a hat or not, tell her to eff off next time ;) but, if someone always wore a hat then i guess i would start to wonder why? My sis wore one for about 2 years once without taking it off, so her hair stunk. That kinds put me off them a bit haha. Nothing wrong with them on other people though

Hat's are cool only if they are worn correctly. The right way is to have it lightly placed on the head with a slight tilt upwards. Having it on tight and low, covering the eyes is a no-no; makes the wearer look shady and unfriendly.

Hat's are cool only if they are worn correctly. The right way is to have it lightly placed on the head with a slight tilt upwards. Having it on tight and low, covering the eyes is a no-no; makes the wearer look shady and unfriendly.

NERD :razz:

i heard you go bald faster from wearing a hat, but i thought it was from the friction of the hat that caused it? thats my guess :think:

"Hair loss myth: wearing a hat does NOT cause hairloss!! At least not in men, lol

" The following old wives tales are very commonly believed, but are at times very illogical and almost always wrong. A good rule of thumb - if it didn't make you bald when you were 15, it's probably not making you bald now.

Stress? Probably not, unless you've undergone extreme physical or mental torture for months.

Bad Circulation? No. Male pattern baldness is not caused by a lack of circulation or nutrients to the follicle, whether it be by hats, ponytails, or anything else. There are conditions where trauma to the scalp has caused damage, but it wouldn't happen without you knowing it.

Sweat & Dirt? No. Beware of any treatment that claims it is "cleaning" the follicles of excess sebum, dirt, or sweat. Anyone who has ever had an ingrown hair can vouch for the fact that it takes a heck of a lot more than oil to stop a hair from growing through something. You sweat in high school, and you never lost a hair from it.

Hats? No. The high school baseball team was never known to be the baldest team in school. Hat's do not cause hair loss"

"

"Hair loss myth: wearing a hat does NOT cause hairloss!! At least not in men, lol

" The following old wives tales are very commonly believed, but are at times very illogical and almost always wrong. A good rule of thumb - if it didn't make you bald when you were 15, it's probably not making you bald now.

Stress? Probably not, unless you've undergone extreme physical or mental torture for months.

Bad Circulation? No. Male pattern baldness is not caused by a lack of circulation or nutrients to the follicle, whether it be by hats, ponytails, or anything else. There are conditions where trauma to the scalp has caused damage, but it wouldn't happen without you knowing it.

Sweat & Dirt? No. Beware of any treatment that claims it is "cleaning" the follicles of excess sebum, dirt, or sweat. Anyone who has ever had an ingrown hair can vouch for the fact that it takes a heck of a lot more than oil to stop a hair from growing through something. You sweat in high school, and you never lost a hair from it.

Hats? No. The high school baseball team was never known to be the baldest team in school. Hat's do not cause hair loss"

"

good quote but where is it from? and i dont think hats cause hair loss but i think it quickens the process.

I work at a store in the mall where everyone can dress really casual and wear whatever they want, and I work with this guy who just turned 19 and wears a hat pretty much every shift and I always wondered why because he has such nice healty hair..the other day he was talking about how he's getting a receiding(sp?) hairline and I didn't believe him so he took his hat off and he totally does!! It was super noticeable when he pushed his hair back, and he said it's because he's been wearing hats his entire life.. he is 19!!! I was so shocked, now I think that every guy who wears a hat has the same issues

so guys stop wearing hats or you will be bald by the time you're 25

"

good quote but where is it from? and i dont think hats cause hair loss but i think it quickens the process.

and acne is caused by eating french fries.

I work at a store in the mall where everyone can dress really casual and wear whatever they want, and I work with this guy who just turned 19 and wears a hat pretty much every shift and I always wondered why because he has such nice healty hair..the other day he was talking about how he's getting a receiding(sp?) hairline and I didn't believe him so he took his hat off and he totally does!! It was super noticeable when he pushed his hair back, and he said it's because he's been wearing hats his entire life.. he is 19!!! I was so shocked, now I think that every guy who wears a hat has the same issues

so guys stop wearing hats or you will be bald by the time you're 25

Are you kidding? He's wearing the hat because he's losing his hair, not the other way around.

Read up on the causes of hair loss, it's all genetic, much like acne. and like acne, everybody comes up with stupid explanations as to what is causing it.

That results from wearing a very, very, tight hat though. It would also only be in the area where the hat is tight. If it's a one time thing, it grows back. Hat's don't cause receding hairlines.