Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kanmi

MSM sucks

So yeah not only did it made me break out like crazy, but it made me have really bad body odor. Thanks MSM.

I drank 3 gallons of water today. I'm trying to get this shit out of my system as fast as possible. Will drinking all this water even help any or do I just basically have to wait?

I think the Accutane probably broke you out in all actuality.

Or it's because of your allergy to MSM.

Either way the body odor could be described as happening because you had all kinds of nasty shit inside you that MSM loosened up, and now it's coming out.

I think the Accutane probably broke you out in all actuality.

Or it's because of your allergy to MSM.

Either way the body odor could be described as happening because you had all kinds of nasty shit inside you that MSM loosened up, and now it's coming out.

Ewww. Well I stopped taking it regardless. I don't understand how I could just get a breakout like this out of nowhere at the end of my 3rd month? It seems strange to me. Which is why I figured it was the MSM.

It might be one of the fillers or in the process of making the pills it was contaminated with an allergen.

If you were truly allergic (in regards to getting acne) to MSM, you'd be allergic to food.

Just put some perfume over it.

This is weird though, MSM never made me smell. I'll smell if I eat some garlic, but never from just MSM. If anything, 10g of MSM a day made me want to run up stairs instead of walk, it made my hair/nails grow like weeds, and it made my face skin soft as a baby's ass. It does get to be a bit spendy if you consistently take that much, though.

This is weird though, MSM never made me smell. I'll smell if I eat some garlic, but never from just MSM. If anything, 10g of MSM a day made me want to run up stairs instead of walk, it made my hair/nails grow like weeds, and it made my face skin soft as a baby's ass. It does get to be a bit spendy if you consistently take that much, though.

I don't want to conceal the smell .. I want it to go away. Nothing worse than smelling like perfume AND garlic.

God what if MSM screwed my body up and i'll end up smelling for a long time?

I wish I could have gotten the positive effects from it that you did.

it will go away. not MSM but something similiar happened to me, it took a few days to completely go away.

Keep drinking the water, lots!

I think you're panicking... it's not going to stay in your system forever. Excess MSM that your body can't use just exits out your pee at the end of the day. I don't think it could screw up your system, like someone else said, MSM basically = food. All fresh food has a tiny amount of MSM in it, the ocean has MSM in it... it's everywhere but in tiny amounts. From my understanding, there was larger amounts in food thousands of years ago.

However on the note of body odor..... there's a supplement called liquid chlorophyll (yes, the same thing that makes plants green). I was using it over spring break about a year ago, basically mega dosing it. Anyways, it'll get rid of all body odor in large enough doses, as in I would wake up without a shower in two days and smell like nothing at all. You can't megadose it long term though or you'll get too much copper, and that's bad...

I was using it at a time that I was pretty positive I had leaky gut and trying to do whatever I could to heal it up. I read that chlorophyll had beneficial effects.

As it turns out, there's actually a decent amount of scientific experiments pointing out that liquid chlorophyll(in) has a very detoxifying effect in which it attaches to things like the carcinogens in meat, and takes them out of the body.

For me it temporarily stopped breakouts. However, it was not a sustainable treatment - at the rate I was using it, I was spending too much money, and I'd eventually go way overboard on copper. Search my posts, I made a thread about it.

been taking msm 1000 mg for a while

hasn't made my face worse

hasn't produce odor

has made my nails grow out faster

has made my hair somewhat thicker

not sure about helping my current scars

not all msm brands are equal in terms of quality

How long were you taking 10g for? I'm really unsure how many grams I should be taking to see results with my scars/skin. At the moment I'm only taking 2g.

it will go away. not MSM but something similiar happened to me, it took a few days to completely go away.

Keep drinking the water, lots!

I am drinking a lot of water. And it's been 3 days now, and the smell is still around.

:(

How long were you taking 10g for? I'm really unsure how many grams I should be taking to see results with my scars/skin. At the moment I'm only taking 2g.

Man, it was awhile ago... I think a month or two? I think I'm going to try to start doing 10g of MSM + vit. C again in hopes of healing more scars.

So I don't know how long it's been now since I stopped taking it .. at least two weeks.

And I still smell.

I'm fucked, forever. :mad:

With me I found that taking too much MSM made me feel dehydrated and a bit headachey, I think it can put a strain on your kidneys to take too much of something like that, so I have cut down on the amount I was taking. Never has any bad smells from it tho.

So I don't know how long it's been now since I stopped taking it .. at least two weeks.

And I still smell.

Ever think that it's something else that caused it?

If you took DMSO, similar to MSM, you would get a smell... maybe the company you bought it from is dishonest?

Oh God no! It can't be the supplement! Anything but the supplement. I once heard the supplement was good! Take the kittens, save the quack remedy.

And I still smell.

Ever think that it's something else that caused it?

If you took DMSO, similar to MSM, you would get a smell... maybe the company you bought it from is dishonest?

I bought if from GNC. Are they dishonest?

Oh God no! It can't be the supplement! Anything but the supplement. I once heard the supplement was good! Take the kittens, save the quack remedy.

It's probably a good idea to do your research before you open your mouth and look dumb. Nothing against you personally. MSM is just as much a quack remedy as vitamin C was in the 60's and 70's. Everything the medical profession accepts, it once strongly opposed. Why is it that the profession is so closed to any sort of paradigm shifting? Well, that's another story.

A word on MSM and dehydration: it's meant to be taken with adequete water.

A helpful hint: vitamin C increases the efficacy of MSM as they seem to work very synergistically. MSM + Vitamin C powder is a superior product to just MSM in that sense.