Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tapatio

TAPE METHOD MISHAP

I WAS TRYING THE TAPE METHOD USING SCOTCH TAPE AND I THOUGHT TO MYSELF "WOW, THIS IS WORKING REALLY GOOD"

SO I THEN PROCEEDED TO GET OUT MY DUCT TAPE. IT WORKED VERY WELL FOR A FEW TIMES, BUT THEN, IT STARTED TO PULL OFF SKIN FROM WHERE SOME OLD RED SPOTS WERE. SO NOW THERE IS A BIG RED AREA ON MY FACE, IT HURTS WHENEVER I PUT STUFF ON IT. THERE IS A SMALL OPEN WOUND TOO. WHAT SHOULD I PUT ON THIS TO MAKE THE REDNESS GO DOWN, AND HEAL THE WOUND? VITAMIN E? ALOE VERA? NOTHING???

HELP ME OUT FOLX

OK - you over did it big time. Go get some antibiotic cream (like neosporin and start applying like all day.. and moisterise with emu/jojoba/aloevera .. also, you could apply olive oil on it - keep it healing and moist. Don't use any other topicals until that area is healed.

Don't worry too much - it's happened to a few before when they get over zealous, but it heals up .. may give you a little redness for a while but don't do it again K? biggrin.gif

One or two strips in the same area is enough each time. Less is more?

Guest Tracy

I think the duct tape was the problem also.....I've never used anything heavier than packing tape, which is really just scotch tape but thicker-width wise.

Neosporin's prolly your best bet.