Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red Special

Need a way to sleep

I can't get comfortable enough to sllep unless I lay on the side of my face (and we all know what that means). I also have a bad habit of rolling around at night (I can't control it) and I believe this is where the majority of my acne comes from. Anybody got any tips which could make my life a little easier. I need to sleep, but I'd rather stay up for nights on end if it means no more acne. I hate myself for it.

3mg of Melatonin a night. I've been taking it for the past two months and my sleep has never been deeper. It isn't addictive either since melatonin is naturally found in the brain as a sleep regulator. You can even pick it up at convinience stores like like Costco or Targets.

I can't get comfortable enough to sllep unless I lay on the side of my face (and we all know what that means). I also have a bad habit of rolling around at night (I can't control it) and I believe this is where the majority of my acne comes from. Anybody got any tips which could make my life a little easier. I need to sleep, but I'd rather stay up for nights on end if it means no more acne. I hate myself for it.

hi red howdy? k listen ..this sleep thing..yeah me got the same problem ..cant sleep on my back..here's the thing you gotta do ..relax yourself.. lie down straight on your back.. keep urself really relaxed..now feel the coolness in your nostrills when you breath in and on the heat on your nostrills when you breath out.....do this for a coupla seconds ..n then concentrate on this n just this...you'll sleep like a baby..trust me.. :D

3mg of Melatonin a night. I've been taking it for the past two months and my sleep has never been deeper. It isn't addictive either since melatonin is naturally found in the brain as a sleep regulator. You can even pick it up at convinience stores like like Costco or Targets.

I have melatonin too, you can get it anywhere. I only take it if I'm really having trouble sleeping b/c I hate to take pills for any reason. It's not supposed to make you groggy but for me it does. I just cannot make myself get up in the morning after I take it. I wonder though if you just wake up naturally you'd be ok but I wake up to an alarm so that might be part of my trouble with it.

I have melatonin too, you can get it anywhere. I only take it if I'm really having trouble sleeping b/c I hate to take pills for any reason. It's not supposed to make you groggy but for me it does. I just cannot make myself get up in the morning after I take it. I wonder though if you just wake up naturally you'd be ok but I wake up to an alarm so that might be part of my trouble with it.

Yeah it's hard to wake up on melatonin. You can break it up into one-thirds or halves if it helps.

i have the same trouble but recently ive been listening to calming sounds on my mp3, like rainfall and ocean waves to help me relax and keep a blank mind.

One thing you can do is to be sure you are sleeping on a clean pillowcase. That way if you are rolling around on your pillow, at least it won't have hair gel or hairspray residue, slobber, etc. all over it and getting on your face.

I have to be comfy to sleep well, and one thing I've found that I cannot do without is body pillows. I have one pillow for my head, then a body pillow alongside me. I either toss my leg over it if I am sleeping on my back, or I snuggle against it if I am on my side. My son's each sleep with two body pillows and it has made a world of difference in how well they sleep at night, so it might be something for you to consider. Get a body pillow or two and make yourself a comfy little nest for sleeping in, you might be less restless. Also, I sleep with two fans on, the white noise really helps me sleep better and blocks out noise, and plus I sleep better when I have a cool fan blowing on my face.

Hope some of these ideas help.

i have the same trouble but recently ive been listening to calming sounds on my mp3, like rainfall and ocean waves to help me relax and keep a blank mind.

Hey where can I find MP3s of that kind of stuff? Lately I've been thinking too much in bed, and I usually fall asleep easier if there's some external noise like a TV.

I found this free 20 and 6 minute meditation thingie. Granted, it's not the nice ocean sounds, but I think it puts me to sleep much faster than those. It feels sort of cheesy at first, but I find it works really well. I mostly stick with the 20min version. If you're techie enough, you can isolate the file and playback on your machine without being connected to the internet or burn it to a CD.

http://macdillafb.bestofhealth.com/Main/Mo.../Reduce_stress/

http://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleeplibrar...ecid=&id=60

Melatonin has never done a thing for me. I've taken 10+ pills in a night with no effect.

One thing you can do is to be sure you are sleeping on a clean pillowcase. That way if you are rolling around on your pillow, at least it won't have hair gel or hairspray residue, slobber, etc. all over it and getting on your face.

This is something that really helped me. I used to wash my pillow case every couple of weeks. I found that if I throw it in every time I do laundry (which is now every few days because of my kids), my skin stays much cleaner and oil free.

I have to sleep on the side of my face too. I've wondered about trying a different material to see if it makes any difference. Has anyone tried sleeping on silk pillows instead of cotton? Or anything similar?

Hey where can I find MP3s of that kind of stuff? Lately I've been thinking too much in bed, and I usually fall asleep easier if there's some external noise like a TV.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xjtqot

Name: Sleeping Music - relaxing - sounds of nature - ocean waves hitting the beach.mp3

Size: 2MB

play it on repeat and enjoy

(you can find more on mp3 finding software)

I have the same problem!! I almost have to sleep on my side or my stomach and when I do sleep on my side I have to have my hands up by my head. I guess I will try to put a towel over my hands or something.

I have the same problem!! I almost have to sleep on my side or my stomach and when I do sleep on my side I have to have my hands up by my head. I guess I will try to put a towel over my hands or something.

Wow, I thought I was the only one!

I have to sleep on my arm a lot of times, but then I cramp up, slip, whatever.

I'll probably have to start changing my pillowcases more often. Keeping lots of extras would probably help with the laundry (since it costs a dollar per load at my dorm).

:think:

I'm thinking that cotton would be best (especially if you're like me and your skin just oils over at night) because it's more likely to absorb things away from your face. But of course, that also means that it's bound to get dirtier faster.