Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was hoping someone could lend me suggestions to fix my issue. I have had acne since about the 7th grade, and I am a sophomore in high school now. I must say that my acne has cleared up... but I still have some tiny bunches of acne bunched up along my hair line (I have no idea why, but oh well, probably stress). For the past year, my face has became REALLY oily. I do wash my face twice a day, and use alot of BP at night. I don't know how it could get so oily. One of my friends even points it out to me and asks me why my face is so oily, and of course I have no idea and its EMBARASSING! I wear a foundation makeup (Loreall Infalliable), and usually put a little bronzer over that or powder (shine free powder)... so I would like suggestions as to maybe WHY my face has become so excessively oily and what I could do to improve to stop it all... and maybe makeup that could help out my oiliness since I still like to even out my skin tone? Thanks!

I wish I knew also. I don't get much acne anymore, but this damn oil is killing me. After about 3-4 hours after washing, my face starts getting oil. I just blot my face a few times a day in the bathroom at work using paper towels, and it works great.

damn i wish my face would only get oily after 3 to 4 hours im in the bathrooom every 40 mins and i wish that was an exaggeration

Yeah I remember having this problem in high school. I would go to the bathroom after every class to wipe off the oil from my face. It was so disgusting and embarassing. I still have that problem, but its getting better because of accutane. I just hope it goes uphill from here.

Goodluck to finding a way to fix oily skin.

(the good thing about it though, is you will have less wrinkles when you're old!)

Hi, i used to have extremely oily face, till my glasses would slide down my nose a little bit. i hate that. anyway, sebum secretion is part of puberty, and as u get older, it decreases. also, after you cleanse your face, it may be like really dry, or plain dry. u have to use a moisturiser after cleansing, its very important. i hated it cuz it made my skin look oily again, but if u leave it to be dry, then ur epithelial cells will produce more oil to make up for the loss of moisture. prolonged routine of cleasing+moisturising and other stuff that regulates ur cell cycles, like exfoliation, will eventually decrease oil production. i have given up on having dry-looking, shine-free skin, cuz my genes define me, and it turns out my phenotype cant be changed.

and as u get older, it decreases. ... will produce more oil to make up for the loss of moisture.

Says who? Just look all over this board full of ppl, like me, who are well into adulthood and produce way too much and it never decreases and wont on its own. Again. Im sick of this overcompensating theory everyone has about dry top layer of skin stimulates oil glands to over produce is a crock. The glands are deep now not affected and pump out gobs regardless.

I have an extremely oily complexion as well and I noticed that liquid foundation is pretty horrible on me. I usually wear powder/miniral foundation and you can reapply it so it doesn't look shiny. Maybe get rice sheets to soak up the excess oil?