Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Optimistic

Your Advice Please!

Well last tues. I did a spot TCA 100% on a scar. I didn't wash it or apply make-up or anything except for neosporin, until Saturday night. I applied my primer and then noticed that there was a very light scab there(I'm not sure when it formed.) Anyway the scab fell off on Monday morning. Is this normal? Also my scar looks deeper. BTW I left the TCA on for 3 min. Is it safe to cross it again? Did I do anything wrong the first time? Is TCA supposed to form a true scab? - Not just something that looks like a little piece of dry skin.

I appreciate your time for reading this and your comments. Thanks so much guys.

Optimistic

No don't cross it right away again. Mine always look larger when the scab first falls off and my scabs fall off quickly. Just leave it alone. I think a good time is AT LEAST 6 WEEKS before you do another. Try using good topical which contain vitamins etc....

The scabs I get are normally just really light like a peice of skin. Not like a dark scab at all and they normally fall off 2-4 days later. I don't pick them or anything, but I do wear makeup. I have done 4 of them. I remember the first one looking kinda larger after the scab fell off but it starts to tighten after about a week. The last one was also like this. It is shrinking a bit now.

Thank-you. I read something I think was from the Korean study and they didn't apply make-up or wash their faces for atleast a week and a half (I think) I went against this though b/c I had to go somewhere and even though I crossed an area that my hair pretty much covers I still am really self-conscience of it.

Optimistic, you did fine. A scab falling on the 7th day isn't too soon. Just leave it be for 6-8 weeks. I know it's a hard wait but that's how it works.

The scabs as u describe them are exactly the way they should look. These aren't your ordinary scabs like when you get a bleading wound. First, you don't bleed while crossing. Second, you don't get an infection and the whole thing is contained and controlled.

I don't have neosporin and I don't put anything on it.

I was thinking, guys.

Can a crossed wound even become infected when one uses such a deadly acid? Nothing can live in a 100% TCA or even a lesser %, in my opinion.

Is any topical antibiotic even necessary in this case?

Trying, I think your scabs fall of because off your makeup. On the one hand it dries and hardens the scabs. On the other hand all the cleaning (I assume you have to take the foundation off somehow) makes them fall off too soon.

Hopespring thank-you and also thank-you again to tryingstill. Hopesprings how r your results? How many times have u crossed? I don't know forsure what the reason is for applying the neosporin so I'm not going 2 even speculate. After finding the directions on the website that I purchased it from (mytcapeel..com) it said to apply this so that's what I did.

I've only crossed once all over the face and on another area a second time. This week I'll do the rest for the 2ed time.

I think it's definitely working. We'll see what happens after the 3ed and 4th cross. Right now, I have no idea how many I'll need to be satisfied.

I am almost positive the scar is worse after this last cross. Only thing is... since the edges are more defined, I can actuall use the clinique pore minimizer spackle and it will actually stay in the scar. I didn't realize I still had the pic up close of it here in the gallery. I had deleted it from my hard drive and it let me really see how it was before this last cross. I will do a few spot 15% peels on top in a few weeks to hopefully improve it a bit. Thing is and it is hard to tell with the pic, there are a few scars around the large scar which makes about a 1/2 inch area of my face rough and scarred. The other scars alone are minimal, but cluster them together with the big scar and it is not a pretty area.

I think before I cross again, if I do, I will look into getting some Revive or some intensive cellular stuff which I think will help the skin recover.

Tryingstill I could barely even see your scars when I looked at your gallery and I wouldn't even of noticed them unless u had said u had scars, so I got this Clinique instant pore perfector and I think I got the wrong stuff. It's more like a lotion and the directions say to apply it b-4 or after u apply your make-up it wasn't like a spackle and it didn't help much. I guess there's several diff. products that they make that are called this same thing. Would u guys mind describing the container it comes in so I can get a better idea of what exactly it is.

It is called pore minimizer, instant perfector. The color is 01/ light. The one I have is a very small tube which I think came as a gwp. It is thick in consistancy. It is slightly lighter than my foundation but I put a bit on the back of my pinky nail and spackle it in the scar. I first apply foundation over my entire face, wait a minute, apply the instant perfector to the scar, then take a q-tip and dab more foundation around the scar being careful not to disturb the spackle. lol. Then I carefully take the makeup wedge which I've just used to blend my foundation and blend the edges. Then with a cotton ball, I apply loose powder over it all. A brush may actually disturb the spackle and make it roll out. I change cotton balls often so it is quite sanitary as well. I also use a new makeup wedge daily but sometimes use the same one twice in one day. Sounds like a lengthy process but after a few times, it all takes only around 3-4 minutes. I have gotten into the routine with the spackle and while the scar is still visible, it looks much smaller. That area of my face really does look scarred. Maybe it's vanity but the one picture without makeup is fairly accurate. I think sometimes makeup can actually emphasize indented scars but feel I need it for sun protection, evening out skin tone, etc.

I feel the sameway about make-up and other people have pointed it out to me also that it makes my imperfections more noticeable. In my search for the perfect foundation I've found nothing that I'm completely happy with. I'm thinking maybe that I did get the right product now I prolly just applied it wrong. I'ts 01 invisible light and it's in a pinkish tube w/ a green top? Thank for the application tips I'll try it again.

I feel the sameway about make-up and other people have pointed it out to me also that it makes my imperfections more noticeable. In my search for the perfect foundation I've found nothing that I'm completely happy with. I'm thinking maybe that I did get the right product now I prolly just applied it wrong. I'ts 01 invisible light and it's in a pinkish tube w/ a green top? Thank for the application tips I'll try it again.

Yes, it's a pinkish tube with a green top. Possibly it melted or something? The one I have is a paste like consistancy. I am always searching for a perfect foundation. I have tried many. Higher end brands as well as drug store brands. Believe it or not, I currently like Avon Perfect wear .. long wearing 12 hour. No breakouts and I think it contains hyaluronic acid which is great for the skin. I sound like an advertisement. I don't sell it just have been using it for months now. The clinique, almay, revlon and others are currently sitting in my drawer. I like it mainly cause it covers well, has extremely great staying power and doesn't feel greasy several hours after having it on, still feels clean and not like yuck, I have to wash my face. Only thing is finding the right shade. Bisque is what I currently use which is a bit too light, buff was way too dark. Their color charts are very misleading but you may want to try it. Mind you, it takes getting used to since at first is a bit thick and you have to blend quick but if you keep it on for several hours, you will see what I mean, it stays, makes pores look really good and feels great on the skin. Ok, I am rambling here. : )

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to try it. Thanks again for your help w/ the TCA also. It's so nice to have a support system like this and people to turn to that r trying the same methods to get rid of their scars.