Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zer0

I got into an argument with the Obagi employees today

So I go to the Obagi clinic every month and all that. As you know, we use complex a in our system. Well last week I bought a new complex a because I ran out but something was wrong. The first few days that I used it my face stung. So I looked at the back of the thing and it was different! I compared the old and new complex a.

The old one was called Complex A Cream. Its "active ingredients" was Retinoic Acid 0.1% usp

The new one is called Complex A Cream with Vitamins. Its "ingredients" are Aloe Vera, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin A.

So today I go to the clinic and explain to them they are different. The first lady I talked to didn't really know. The second lady I talked to explained to them that they are the exact same cream, just different packaging. I asked her why the ingredients were different. She said that maybe people wanted to know what Retin-A was so they detailed the ingredients.

Thats where I need you guys help. Is she right? Is that what Retinoic Acid is made of? What I thought was that they either bought the wrong one or the company shipped the wrong one. Any suggestions would help.

"Vitamin A" is a generic term which describes an entire family of substances and the precursors to make them within the body. Only certain forms of Vitamin A are activated topically. I wouldn't buy a product that listed only "Vitamin A."

And "retinoic acid" is not the same as Retin-A which is tretinoin.

And "retinoic acid" is not the same as Retin-A which is tretinoin.

Tretinoin, to the best of my knowledge, is just another name for retinoic acid........

You forgot to say "activated" in discribing the second cream/gel if that was a error. than that cream could be sold over the counter. if not and tretinoin is the the active ingredients and those are just vitamins and stuff in the normal ingredients then it is Rx and that lady is still wrong. based on the facts listed above

and if they still dont agree with you maybe a lawyer would change there mind, its your health thats in risk when they give you different meds