Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mike2006

Could deviation be the cause of my problems?

Hi folks, this is my first post but I've been here before and have been on B.P. for ...6 Months!

The regime for me has kind of worked but I'm left with a quite a few acars and am still spotty and am wondering if my current regime is not working.

I use:

Cetaphil Cleanser and 5% B.P. in the morning and evening however I find that my skin is very dry after the B.p. nd becomes excessively greasy later into the day.

Should I be using anything else?

Have I wasted 6 months because I made up my own regime?

Thanks folks

By the way

IS there a facility for punch treatment in Ireland? If so where and how much?

You didn't say yr using a moisturizer first off. Even if you have oily skin, you need to moisturize. It can actually help you produce less oil. 5% bp can be to strong for some people, that's why 2.5% is recommended. And if yr skin is oily, cetaphil may not be the best. It can be to gentle to get rid of the oil.

I don't know what punch treatment is, sorry. Hope the rest was helpful.

hey! i agree that you should def be using a moisturizer (especially, if you use 5% bp). i know that sometimes if my skin is too dried out it overproduces oil and then looks oily.

I recommend Lac Hydrin Five moisturizer which has lactic acid to help heal red marks. I also recommend it bc i find that it does not make my skin look oily later in the day. i dont know if Lac Hydrin is available in Ireland, but if it is not some other moisturizer with lactic acid or glycolic acid (some form of AHA) would be a good option for you. you should check out the international products forum. They might also be able to tell you about punch treatments in Ireland. Otherwise, you might want to check the scar forum for more info on punch treatments. good luck!!!