Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lifesux

What are my chances?

What are my chances of getting Accutane a second time? Are derms quicker to give you accutane if you've already been on it once? Right now I'm getting blackheads again on my nose and I have over 6 bumps on my face. They're kind of small.. but really red. My acne isn't as bad as it was before Accutane, but I'm still not happy with this.

Most derms won't prescribe unless you meet their minimum guidelines which generally translates to at least moderate recalcitrant, and what you are describing sounds pretty mild. Although some derms are very liberal and will prescribe it to just about anyone. You may have to derm shop.

That said, i would urge you to give topical retinoids a try.

it's hard to say, if you have a derm like mine she'll probably give you accutane if you ask for it or give you a shot course of antibiotics/topicals then if that doesn't work use accutane. have you tried other meds? they are more effective after a course of accutane.

Most derms won't prescribe unless you meet their minimum guidelines which generally translates to at least moderate recalcitrant, and what you are describing sounds pretty mild. Although some derms are very liberal and will prescribe it to just about anyone. You may have to derm shop.

That said, i would urge you to give topical retinoids a try.

Well, my acne, in the first place wasn't severe or anything. Just blackheads and puss-pimples. I mostly had about 6 puss-pimples on my face at a time. Like I do now, except A LOT bigger. I think my derm mainly perscribed me Accutane because of how bad acne is effecting me. And oral/topical acne meds NEVER worked for me. And they probably still won't. Ugh, I just hope I get it again. I feel like one more time will solve this problem for good.

it's hard to say, if you have a derm like mine she'll probably give you accutane if you ask for it or give you a shot course of antibiotics/topicals then if that doesn't work use accutane. have you tried other meds? they are more effective after a course of accutane.

No, I haven't tried any other meds. I'm still on BCP though, because I never stopped taking it after my first course of Accutane. The first time I was on Accutane I asked for it and they gave it to me. So I'm hoping it goes that way again.

And oral/topical acne meds NEVER worked for me. And they probably still won't.

Topicals almost always work much better after an Accutane course.

Well, I guess I'll try them then, if I don't get Accutane again.

I've never tried b5 pills before. The only OTC pills I've ever tried was Nature's Cure, which were a load of crap. I will maybe give b5 pills a try, if I don't get perscribed Accutane again. I'm going to my GP tomorrow and if they say yeah, I have to go to a derm again to get it. *prays*

Oh yeah, can I buy Vitamin B5 in stores? If so which stores? Or do I HAVE to order online? I don't wanna order online.

I found out they don't sell B-5 at Walgreens or anything, they only sell it in vitamin stores. I wonder why. We only have one vitamin store here that i can think of, Vitamin World, and that's in the mall.