Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, Ive just started a course of 20mg daily even though I weigh about 70kg. I have persistant mild acne since the age of 13 amd Im now 23. My acne will not respond to the normal treatments like BP, topicals, gels, and antibiotics. I am never covered in acne but never ever 100% clear, always the odd 5-6 active zits on my face daily.

I would say I have a moderate(some days severe)case of mild acne. Anyway, because of this I decided that I probably dont need a full dose of 7omg so I am taking 20 mg daily. I have worked out my cummulative dose and that means I need 20 mg daily for 60 weeks.

Has anyone on here done a simlar course to cure mild acne? Did it work? Did you get an IB off 20 mg? How long in till 20 mg clears the acne? Will 20 mg be strong enough for me? My acne is mild but I weigh 70kg.

Hi, Ive just started a course of 20mg daily even though I weigh about 70kg. I have persistant mild acne since the age of 13 amd Im now 23. My acne will not respond to the normal treatments like BP, topicals, gels, and antibiotics. I am never covered in acne but never ever 100% clear, always the odd 5-6 active zits on my face daily.

I would say I have a moderate(some days severe)case of mild acne. Anyway, because of this I decided that I probably dont need a full dose of 7omg so I am taking 20 mg daily. I have worked out my cummulative dose and that means I need 20 mg daily for 60 weeks.

Has anyone on here done a simlar course to cure mild acne? Did it work? Did you get an IB off 20 mg? How long in till 20 mg clears the acne? Will 20 mg be strong enough for me? My acne is mild but I weigh 70kg.

1 month and a half, you will probably be clear.

probably :D

lol

Zrbx have you done a long term low dose course then?

nop.

but i always started with 20mg for 1 or 2 months.

then increase to 40mg. i have 68kg.

People dont recommend 10 months taking 20mg. I usually do 8 or 9 months.(2x20mg+7x40mg).

ps: my derm's fault. but's he's kindda right. my side effects was .. problematic.

I'm on 3rd course now.

finishing 2nd month with 20mg. I'm clear.

Upping to 60mg next month for more 4 months. Hopefully is the last course.

The correct cumulative dose, if i'm not wrong, is 120mg x Kg to 150mg x Kg.

You should take 8400mg till the end of the course, minimum.

BUT, if your acne is mild. 20mgx10 could work for you.

you will be clear, there's no doubt. But time of remission is bigger with high dose in less time.

Too much time supporting dry lips and stuff, in my opinion.

You will cut in half your course upping to 40mg.

:D

Yea thats right, 120 x 70 = 8400. 20mg daily x 60 weeks(420 days I think)=8400.

Might up it to 40 mg once Im really clear.

heyy this is my fist time posting so im not really sure if im in the right spot or anythingg but i was just wondering! ive been on accutane for like 2 and a half months and i havent really seen much improvement so my doctor put me on for 4 months now instead of 3 but my question is, does accutane have to dry out your skin to work? because ive really stayed on top of it and mosturized alot and havent let my skin go dry at all and im wondering if thats why its not working very well?!

and also, after your done your treatment, how long do you have to wait until its actually safe to drink alcohol again?

I've never heard of accutane possibly causing reproduction problems. I took this drug 6 years ago and that was never mentioned to me as a possible side effect but now that I hear about it I'm freaking out. I really want to have kids in a couple of years but at the same time, my acne's returned this year and I was considering taking accutane again. I don't know what to do now... do I want to be acne free or able to have children?

I had a panic attack tonight, my arm started tingling then I thought the worst that I was having a stroke. Accutane is making me a bit frazzled. I havent had anxiety for 10 years! Wow. I can't sleep now. Scared. Very upset that a drug can alter my mental state. I am a strong girl...

to rossignol

hey man, im new here and i read ur accutane posts.....well im on accutane n i have a few questions......im on 40 mgs twice a day (80mgs a day)....n when i was about 5-7 dayz in i missed one whole day of taking my pils....and since then ive missed a dose hear in there a total of 5 pills......i have been on accutane a little less than a month...do u think missing those doses will affect how it will work???....also i read u were drinking on your accutane, i go out n drink maybe 3 times a week sometimes moderately sometimes heavily.....i really need ur advice because u seem extremely knowledgable on this particular subject

thnx man

-fame

Okay I have a couple of questions pertaining to this drug:

I just started accutane so I have yet to see anything happen, but my first question is:

I know the daily mg dosage is based on weight but I weigh about 130 and have moderate acne and I was perscribed 30mg daily. It seems like most dosages are much higher than that?

And also a huge concern of mine is I drink pretty frequently and a substantial amount.

I really haven't read much about alcohol and accutane so can anyone help me on this topic. And should accutane work faster for those who only have slight to moderate acne?

Frequently Asked Questions - Accutane/Roaccutane

Disclaimer: The information below is provided as a courtesy to address general questions. As we are not medical professionals, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of this information. By reading this information, you agree not to hold us liable for any damages that may result in your use of this information. This information should not replace information that your Doctor or Plastic Surgeon provides you. Please keep in mind that this is for general information only and results will vary for each individual.

Firstly, if you are interested in the actual chemical makeup of accutane and the medical terms in which it is likely to be discussed, please read this excellent thread by m.d.student, http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=31242 which details all of the information you will need about the exact nature of the drug itself. It might be an idea to print it off and familiarise yourself with it.

What is the difference between ‘accutane’ and ‘roaccutane’?

-These are essentially two different names for the same drug. Both are manufactured by Roche, but ‘roaccutane’ is distributed in Europe, whilst accutane is distributed in North America. Both will give the same results and both have the same risk of side effects.

Do I need accutane?

-Accutane is only usually prescribed for acne that is scarring and not responding to other treatments, such as antibiotics and topical creams such as retinoids and Benzoyl Peroxide. Dermatologists usually see accutane as a ‘last resort’, and consequently, it is typically prescribed for severe, cystic or nodular acne. The general consensus of opinion among members of acne.org is that you should think very carefully before deciding to take accutane, and that it should be a ‘last resort’ treatment.

-If your dermatologist decides you are suitable for accutane treatment, you will be assessed to your suitability through blood tests. The results of these may mean you cannot take the drug, in which case you will have to look into other avenues of treatment.

What is the normal dosage for the drug?

-In the UK, the maximum dosage in mg’s relates to your weight in kg’s. Accutane dosage per day in mg should not exceed to your corresponding weight, i.e.: for a person weighing 70kg, accutane dosage should not be higher than 70mg per day. In certain cases, it can be slightly higher than this, but if your dermatologist were putting you on a course where the dosage is considerably higher than your weight, it would be advisable to discuss this with them.

How long will my course last?

-Typically, accutane courses last from 3-6 months, at high doses. However, if the acne has still not been suppressed by the sixth month, the course may last up to 9 months. This can cause complications, however, and if you were still on accutane by 9 months without success, it would be advisable to discuss ending your treatment with your dermatologist.

It takes up to three months, maybe more, depending on your current skin condition. Your doctor, or preferably your dermatoglogist will give you a prescription for the more harsh pills to set you off, and slowly ween you off accutane to see how your skin reacts.

Will I experience an initial breakout whilst taking accutane?

- Unfortunately, most people feel that this is the case. The initial breakout may be quite severe, as your body adjusts to taking the drug. However, it should have subsided significantly within 1-4 months.

How long before I start seeing results from accutane?

- You may not start to see your skin improving for several months. Do not despair, though; in the vast majority of cases, the skin WILL improve eventually.

What are the possible side effects of accutane?

-Possible side effects are many and varied. The most widely experienced side effects are: dryness and peeling of face and lips, increased redness of skin, rashes on hands and arms, dry eyes, muscle aches, back pain, headaches and increased sensitivity to sunlight.

-Other side effects that have been reported include hair loss, yellowing of teeth, blurred vision, bone changes, depression and other mental health issues.

Females taking the drug should MAKE SURE THEY ARE USING EFFECTIVE CONTRACEPTION AT ALL TIMES UP TO 6 MONTHS AFTER THE TREATMENT. ACCUTANE IS LIKELY TO CAUSE SEVERE BIRTH DEFECTS IN FOETUSES.

I am worried about becoming depressed on the drug. Will this happen?

If you are prone to depression, you SHOULD NOT take the drug. If your depression is related to your acne, your dermatologist will probably allow you to take the drug, but your mental state should be monitored closely by a friend, family member or doctor. Many people do not experience depression when taking accutane, but you should not take the risk. There have been people who have committed suicide possibly linked with taking accutane, so IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU TALK TO SOMEBODY IF YOU BEGIN TO FEEL VERY LOW.

Is it okay to tan/use sun beds whilst on accutane?

No. Your skin will be much more sensitive to sunlight, and will most likely burn very easily. You should wear a high-factor sun block throughout the course and for 4-6 months afterwards. Good sunscreens are recommended in the ‘tips for accutane users’ section.

Is it okay to exercise whilst taking accutane?

-Generally, yes. You may experience more muscle aches and pains after strenuous exercise, but there should not be any more serious complications. If you aches are severe, discontinue exercise and speak to your dermatologist.

Is it okay to take vitamins whilst taking accutane?

-You should not be taking vitamin A in any form whilst on accutane, as this may interfere with the drug, but other than this most other vitamin supplements should be fine to take.

Is it okay to drink alcohol whilst on accutane?

-It is not recommended, but the majority of people find they can have occasional drinks without any problems. However, since accutane impairs liver function, it is not a good idea to tax your liver with any other harmful substances, such as alcohol. If possible, avoid it.

I have heard several horror stories about accutane. Could the things they are speaking of happen to me?

-Unfortunately, there is a chance that you could experience such side effects. The drug affects people in different ways, and whilst cases of severe, permanent side effects are rare, they can happen. You have to assess whether you are willing to take the risk. Bear in mind that the horror stories are always more highly publicised than the success stories, and that people who have had success with the drug do not usually post as much on message boards, hence the amount of negative stories circulating on other accutane message boards.

Will accutane cure my acne?

-Dermatologists claim that typically 90% of patients’ acne is put into remission through use of the drug, and 60% is completely cured. It is possible that your acne may return after a course of the drug, but it is likely to be much less severe.

Can accutane leave me with permanent damage?

-There is a risk of permanent side effects, such as ongoing dryness, reproductive problems, and internal organ problems, but permanent side effects are relatively rare, and typically, normal bodily function resumes within a few weeks to a year after finishing the course.

I have seen accutane for sale on Ebay. Is it okay to buy my drug here?

THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED. ACCUTANE IS A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS DRUG AND IF YOU ARE TAKING IT YOU SHOULD BE MONITORED BY A QUALIFIED DERMATOLOGIST TO AVOID COMPLICATIONS.

Is it okay to go on a second course of accutane?

Many people take this option if their acne returns significantly. There are no added problems with this, other than the risk of the same side effects again.

Is it okay to go on a long-term course of accutane but at a low dose?

This is not generally recommended – some people have found themselves on this kind of course for well over a year, and this can have a detrimental effect on your body. Personally, I would rather have stronger side effects, knowing that the drug will be out of my system within a year, than suffer milder side effects for years. Essentially, it is up to you and your dermatologist what sort of course you take, though.

Will accutane exacerbate my scarring?

-Many people feel that accutane did aggravate their scarring. This may be due to the fact that accutane usually causes a significant flare-up in the patient’s acne, initially, and to the fact that it makes the dermis more fragile. It can also impair the functioning of the liver. However, it is highly unlikely that accutane actually CAUSES scarring. If you have been left with scarring, please check out the scar forum of acne.org for more information.

Is it okay to undergo scar procedures whilst on/after accutane?

NO. The things you can use on your skin to help with scarring whilst on or immediately after accutane are mild topicals such as copper peptides and amino-plex spray. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD AN INVASIVE PROCEDURE SUCH AS DERMABRASION OR LASER RESURFACING BE PERFORMED WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF TAKING ACCUTANE. Also, you should not be using any form of acid peels until at least 4 months after finishing your course of acne.

I have heard about liver flushing as a recommended treatment to cleanse my body after taking accutane. What does this involve?

-Liver flushing is quite a serious procedure that you can do yourself at home, but which requires careful preparation to avoid complications. Please check out the diet/holistic health forum for more information.

GENERAL TIPS FOR LIVER HEALTH FOLLOWING ACCUTANE TREATMENT:

-Avoid processed food, alcohol and additives.

-Eliminate fizzy drinks – they are loaded with phosphates and interfere with digestion.

-Eat fruits and vegetables which nourish the liver: apples, black grapes, carrots, blackberries, blueberries, asparagus, celery, cucumber, lemon, beetroot, romaine lettuce, seaweed, watercress, sweet potato. These balance the flow of emotional and physical liver energy.

-Try taking one of the following supplements for 1-2 months: soya lecithin, milk thistle, burdock root, alpha-lipoic acid, Chinese bitters, tejaswini.

USEFUL LINKS FOR ACCUTANE INFORMATION

http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/accu...cationguide.htm- FDA Accutane Medication Guide, with particular emphasis on side effects for females.

http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/accutane/default.htm - FDA hub page for accutane.

http://www.rocheusa.com/products/accutane/ - Roche website - info on accutane.

http://www.accutaneaction.com/ - Accutane action group. Hard-hitting site that details some of the worse cases of side effects from the drug.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/isotret.htm- Chemical and scientific descriptions of accutane, for those interested.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/isotret.htm - Accutane info. from drugs.comhttp://accutane.poweradvocates.com/ - 'The Accutane team' website - a group of lawyers dealing with accutane cases. Again, very hard hitting, with details of cases with extreme side effects.

http://www.roaccutane.com.au/ - Australian website that contains a downloadable PDF about the drug.

*MORE TO BE ADDED SOON*

Top Tips For Accutane Users

These tips are IN ADDITION to the information that is provided on the instructions with the drug, and are in no way intended to replace these. The tips are merely recommendations based upon my experience on a seven month course of Roaccutane (the UK version of the drug) along with past comments made by other users of the drug. There is no need to follow the advice here rigidly, but some of the tips may help make your experience on accutane a little more pleasant!

The first and most important tip I could give is to take accutane or roaccutane under the supervision of a qualified dermatologist who will be able to monitor your physical and psychological health Accutane is a powerful drug and you should not be taking it unless you are under close supervision.

1) It is highly recommended to use an intensive moisturiser whilst on a course of accutane. Without a moisturiser, your time on the drug can be extremely uncomfortable and you may suffer permanent skin damage. The use of an effective, non-comedogenic moisturiser will not inhibit the results you will get from the drug – do not assume that ‘drier is better’. Watch out for certain ingredients in moisturisers – in particular avoid synthetic lanolin and stearic acid, as these can clog your pores and cause breakouts.

Recommended moisturisers are: Emu oil - available from Ebay or Skinbiology.com, Eucerin Daily Renewal, Cetaphil SPF 15, or Living Nature's manuka day cream - available here

Here is a thread about moisturisers: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...ic=1477&hl=

Here is an article about moisturising. Sourced from skinbiology. http://www.skinbio.com/quickmoisturizers.html

2) Some people have advocated washing only with only water or even not washing at all whilst on a course of accutane. I would NOT recommended this. Just because you are no longer getting spots does not mean that your skin does not need to be washed. However, cleansers can leave your skin feeling very dry. A gentle cleanser is recommended. The following are very good: Puredeming's castille bar, Cetaphil gentle cleanser, Living Nature's purifying cleansing gel and most 'Simple' cleansers.

3) Use of a high factor sun block whilst on a course of accutane is highly recommended. Your skin will be very fragile and will burn more easily, so unprotected exposure to sunlight should be kept to a minimum and sunbeds/solariums should be avoided. Arguably the best total sunblock on the market is Total Block spf 65. Available here

However, I have also found Green People's SPF 15+ http://www.greenpeople-organic-health.co.u...c=G001&cc=G and Aubrey-organics' SPF 15 http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ to be effective. Sorry for how expensive these products are, but good quality sunscreens are usually $20 and upwards.

4) Your lips will be extremely dry whilst on accutane, so use of a good lip balm is essential. Vaseline is highly effective but can be pore-clogging on some people. Members have had good results with use of Carmex and Puredeming’s Gilead Lip balm (available here: Puredeming)

5) Try to keep yourself hydrated whilst on accutane to combat dryness. There are several ways you can do this. Firstly, consume plenty of water. This may sound obvious, but your body can become more dehydrated by the drug. Try to keep your intake to 8-10 glasses a day, more if exercising. No additional benefit is gained by drinking more than 12 glasses a day and excessive consumption can be dangerous. (for more info on drinking too much water, see this website:

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/health/hlive/eat...88681-2,00.html )

Also try to increase your intake of essential fatty acids (EFA’s) whilst taking accutane. This may alleviate some of the dryness and can help keep skin supple. Good sources are all types of nuts (especially walnuts) and oily fish.

6) Try taking high dose supplements of Vitamin E in addition to accutane. There is some evidence that taking 400IU (around 300mg)– 800 IU of Vitamin E can help alleviate some of the side effects of accutane.

7) Avoid eating foods high in Vitamin A such as liver and pate on a regular basis, as this increases the risk of side effects from accutane such as potential liver damage. Instead, consume foods rich in Beta-carotene, which is only converted to vitamin A in the body if the body needs it.

8) It is quite likely that you will experience flare-ups in your acne at some point which may result in an increased risk of scarring due to the fragility of your skin. To combat this, I found using manuka honey on the active acne and wounds helped with the healing process. Manuka honey also contains anti-itching agents which can help to soothe your skin. An excellent product is Living Nature's honey and oil antiseptic gel: available here or you can buy pure manuka honey from Manukahoneyco.uk and Comvita

9) Make sure that at least one person close to you is aware that you are on the drug. This is especially important for young people going away to university/college. You should let a family member or friend know that you are on the drug and inform them of what the side effects can be, so that they will be able to keep an eye on you and ensure that you are not becoming too isolated or depressed. There are many people who go through a course of accutane without suffering from depression but it is best to be on the safe side.

10) be realistic with your goals whilst on accutane. Be prepared for flare-ups and redness which may last for several months. Do not expect instant results, but remain positive by thinking that despite the fact that your skin will usually get worse before it gets better, it almost certainly WILL get better.

Good luck to all people taking accutane or considering taking it. Please do not hesitate to post your experiences on this thread or add further tips of your own. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to send me a Private Message and I will try my best to answer.

Take Care,

Paul.

Last edited by Rossignol, 5th July 2005 - added links to useful accutane/roaccutane websites. (finally!)

Hey guys, i need some advice here. I just started my accutane(ORATANE).I am gonna start my work and i will be exposing to sun whole day . Will it damage my skin further? Will it slow down the process of my curing my ance?Hope someone out there with experience there could give me some advice on this. THanks in advance

hey..

i have heard Accutane / roaccutane causes depression, i am often very depressed.. do you think i should take this kind of medecine?.. gonna take a blood sample soon for roaccutane

to rossignol

hey man, im new here and i read ur accutane posts.....well im on accutane n i have a few questions......im on 40 mgs twice a day (80mgs a day)....n when i was about 5-7 dayz in i missed one whole day of taking my pils....and since then ive missed a dose hear in there a total of 5 pills......i have been on accutane a little less than a month...do u think missing those doses will affect how it will work???....also i read u were drinking on your accutane, i go out n drink maybe 3 times a week sometimes moderately sometimes heavily.....i really need ur advice because u seem extremely knowledgable on this particular subject

thnx man

-fame

Hey I am on 60mgs a day and am getting ready to start my 3rd month. I drink pretty heavily on the weekends and have noticed that I get buzzed way quicker now that I am accutane and if I drink too much I black out. My derm said my monthly blood work is great so I guess the drinking has not effected my liver. I also take milk thistle vitamin on a daily basis for liver health. So my suggestion about the drinking would be to do it in moderation and once you start to feel sick stop! Also try to incorporated water into your night of drinking and once you get home and are done drinking for the evening you should drink as much water as you can before going to bed. This is just my personal experience with drinking whilist on accutane so take it for what it is worth.

Hey I just started tane (20mgx1/day) and I wanted to know if its okay to use other products like BP while on tane?

And has anybody had some mild laser or something done while on it because my derm recommended it to me and from what Ive read here Im not sure if thats such a good idea :huh:

I've never heard of accutane possibly causing reproduction problems. I took this drug 6 years ago and that was never mentioned to me as a possible side effect but now that I hear about it I'm freaking out. I really want to have kids in a couple of years but at the same time, my acne's returned this year and I was considering taking accutane again. I don't know what to do now... do I want to be acne free or able to have children?

addie-

i have the same concerns. sometimes i wonder if i'm being self-centered and vain for wanting clear skin (and eventually scar free.) my derm wants to put me on accutane. i've decided that my health and sanity are the most important. i'd like to be a mother some day and have fifteen kids running around the house. besides, i want to really try e v e r y t h i n g before considering accutane. i also wonder how much of getting clear skin is just a waiting game...

I posted as a newbie for my daughter almost 3 years ago when her derm suggested tane. Since then it has been a roller coaster ride as we opted for milder form of medicine--the acne cleared up, came back, then the cystic acne started. She was put on Bactrim DS earlier this year, was almost clear in July, and had a major major break out in August--right before high school!!! Major major cysts. So when we went to get them lanced, we saw someone different at the practice and he insisted my daughter (now 14) go on Tane. We registered with I Pledge earlier this month, and going for bloodwork some time this week as we had to see the derm again for injections.

So I am putting together a booklet for her and myself of all the FAQs, posts, links, etc.

I am going to start a new thread and then eventually some sort of log. Wish her luck!!!

"These balance the flow of emotional and physical liver energy."

What kind of pseudoscientific bullsh** is that?

Eastern "philosophy" meets Western "medicine".

IrishGurl 2009: You said "wonder how much of getting clear skin is just a waiting game", and please do not do that. You will be waiting for a while. Some people have acne for 25+ years. You must dothings to address the problem! It is a bit like say, you are living in a messy house and you ask: If I wait long enough, maybe it will clean itself? No, it does not really work like that.

ive been on accutane for two months now and my acne has gotten worse.

why??

and is this normal???

and when will i clear up??

Hello all,

I just had a question regarding the length of dose and it's effectiveness. I was put on accutane after trying other antibiotics the last one being Bactrim. Although I was almost completely clear after the Bactrim I still had some body acne and mild/moderate acne on my face. I am in the military and found out I will be deploying in Jan. 09 so that will be interferring with my accutane treatment. So to get to the point, has anyone had good results from a 3 month course? Thanks in advance

P.S. I started 40mg this month and am not sure if I would be able to continue while overseas.

Did any of you have to register online with the iPledge thing with a password before getting Accutane?

hey! my doctor is supposed to register me and then the ipledge ppl will send me something via email. i have to wait a month before i can officially start accutane. did you receive similar info? it could be because i am a girl.

Hey, :confused:

I'm the same as you my acne is very mild, but there all in little groups. Like around 6 spots all concentrated on my cheek and then a few on the other cheek and around 3 spots on my forehead with all sorts of small scars everywhere. Most are inflamed and there are also spots i can see under the surface just waiting to come out :( There hasn't been a day for about 3 months now where i have been completely clear and my acne has been quite persistant for 2 years now. (Im 19) If one spot goes, more will just appear and its really getting me down. Im always depressed about it and haven't left my house for 3 months. Luckily I'm on a gap year so i dont have to go anywhere.

I've tried all the OTC stuff like Benzoyl Peroxide (Quinoderm, Panoxyl) Freederm as well as Sacilyc acid, Proactiv, Topical antibiotics (Rozex Metronidazole gel), Differin, Stieva-A cream and then all the other rubbish like Clearasil, Oxy, Neutrogena etc. I have also been on the pill Dianette for the past 3 months which has made no difference and im still breaking out. All these creams dont seem to have much effect, they work for a little while and then they stop never completely clearing it, as i continue to break out and get more and more red scars.

My skin is pretty oily most of the time and sometimes i get red spots that can be quite painful but there not as big as cysts. I am going privately to a dermatologist soon as im sick and tired of topicals that do not clear it, and me still breaking out and getting more scars. I really want to go on Accutane and yes i know about all the side effects and the iPledge system and the blood tests and im not sexually active and wont be either, so that wouldnt effect me. I believe the benefits definitely outweigh the risks for me and am willing to go through it all as although my acne is very mild, it is really effecting my life and i want a long-term cure. I Have read of many peoples acne returning after they have come off Dianette aswell and i really dont want to go through that.

I am just wondering does anyone know if my story qualifies for Accutane as my acne is only very mild but is effecting me alot! Do you think the dermatologist would let me go on it even if i start on a low-dose as i dont want him to prescribe me with yet another topical or antibiotics as they arent good for your liver long term, and the acne just returns once your off them. My aunty and 4 of my cousins have all been on Accutane with amazing results and all were fine, im now the only one suffering.

Anyone have any ideas if i would get it?? Sorry it was so long Guyss..

email: [email protected]

Here goes my story:

This is the first time I post here. I decided to post because I want you guys to know my experience. I used to browse around this forum alot, but I never make any post here. I have been using the regimen from this website for almost a year, it never work for me. My acne is not very severe, kind of moderate. I was told accutane wasn't neccessary, so half a year ago, my doctor gave me some antibiotic which didn't work :naughty: I went to my aunt's cosmetic demotalogist center, she helps me to do some cosmetic procedures to squeeze out most of my acne. I have to tell you guys here, DO NOT use the regimen if your acne problem is more than moderate, it only works for mild problems (comment from my professional Aunt, and she was right!). You will just ended up having lots of acne all explode at the end, because benzoyl peroxide just helps you to hide your acne for a while, it takes a long time to actually heal with it. That is why acne tends to grow on the same area over and over again. You think it is gone, but it is actually hiding underneath!! Imagine you have new acne keeps on growing while others aren't away, what will happen in the end? There will be just more and more. Back to the cosmetic procedures, alright, it only works for a few weeks, and then new acne will just come again. The procedure works. The procedures isn't that bad, but it just comes back after a few weeks if I stop doing it. I don't want to waste too much time, and I don't want to leave any permanent scar on my face. Finally after reading so many advices from people around here and from my friends who took accutane before. I decided to take accutane. I only have been taking a month, acne exploding on my face like I never have that servere before in the first week. BUT after 2 weeks, I started to see a BIG changes. Still have 1 or 2 growing, but very tiny ones. Now I finished a month, gonna take accutane for another month. I guess the problem that bug me for almost 2 years soon will be over. Oh, by the ways, I am 27. Now I am taking 20MG per day. I had acne problem when I was 18. It stopped at 22 for no reason, and then just came back when I was 25, maybe stress I had?? The side effect I got now is dry lips, other than that, everything is fine. Doctor also told me to deeply consider if I want to take it. However, I don't have emotional problem, so I didn't even think about it and just go for it. But u know what? With a face clear of acne, you just get all your confidence back. So now I don't have to worry about looking ugly taking wedding photos if I get marry next year :surprised:. These are just my advice and my experience.