Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I think I'm going to get a prescription for accutane day after tomorrow.

I was wondering; while I'm on it, I need only cleanse (wash my face with something) and moisturize, right? NO BP, or SA, or anything?

From what I understand (I'm in the beginning stages of accutane), anything of that chemical nature is highly unrecommended, because your skin will be so dry and irritated that any more chemicals would only do more harm then good. I'm using the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser twice a day (once morning, once evening), and the Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer after each time. If you do go on 'tane, don't forget your Aquaphor as well :surprised:.

is it okay to go into accutane being bipolar?

cause I would really love getting rid of my acne

but I'm not sure if it can affect me more

What causes the IB? I don't understand why everyone has to get one. Does anyone avoid the IB?

What causes the IB? I don't understand why everyone has to get one. Does anyone avoid the IB?

i didnt experience an IB. im not sure if it was due to the twice-a-month extractions my derm did to me, to the antibiotics she gave me a week before i started the course, or the very low dosage of 10mg per day. or maybe i was just lucky. :shrug:

I am about to go on my 2nd round of treatment once I see my derm. I am bummed out that I only made it 3.5 months of clear skin since my treatment ended in December. So, if anyone has any words of advice, encouragement, or just well wishes, click my link below!

Hi, I'm a new user. I went on roaccutane about 10 months ago and it cleared my skin up really well but spots are beginning to gradually return and my PIH still remains embarrassingly red as well as my skin being still very dry. I think I'm going to go back to my dermatologist about the spots to see if there is anything else she can suggest but I don't feel especially hopeful. I'm not exactly sure what they could suggest after roaccutane because, as far as I can tell, that's the strongest weapon they have against acne. What usually happens if roaccutane fails the first time? I would really prefer not to go on the stuff again. In the meantime is there anything I can use on the PIH which doesn't cause new spots? I was thinking of trying bio-oil - has anyone ever used it and can it cause new spots if you do use it?

Any advice would be gratefully received...

Also I have experienced some hair loss around my temples and have some pretty thick lines which have formed around my mouth and on my forehead. Does anyone have any advice on what to do about this and if they are actually caused by roaccutane? I think they are as I'm only 21 and wasn't expecting wrinkles and hair loss quite yet....!

Ok, this is uber embarrassing but... fuck it!

I've been on Roaccutane for a month now, I've got a two month prescription and I'm on 30 mg per day.

Recently, I've noticed something strange with my urine. The flow of it is extremely fast to the point where it is uncomfortable and definately not normal. However, it goes back to normal if I keep drinking alot of water.

Also I've noticed a little bit of redness *down there* after each time I go to the toilet. At first I thought this was blood, but nothing comes off on any toilet roll.

At this point I am totally confused and am wondering whether to talk to my doctor, dermatologist, keep drinking water or just pout up with it. I really want to stay on the roaccutane and would be willing to put up with this uncomfortableness if I had to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

they say accutane decreases one's chances of outgrowing acne in the future? is that true? :(

also, i was on a 6-month accutane course. 30mg for first three months, 20-mg last three months. i weigh 47kg. i ended in late april. after a month, my face started getting oily again. :( and i had a minor breakout of tiny pimples. my derm put me back on accutane on june1st, a 2-month course at 20mg. is this considered a "second course" or just a continuation of my first, as i was off accutane for around 30 days only.

Hi, im new can anyone help me? I am goin to see a private derm to go on accutane as i have to wait 3 months on NHS. My acne really stresses me out, i think its moderate to severe and im 20. This is ruining my life, i have a lot of really important things coming up (weddings, 21st etc) and i want my skin to look better...if i start taking accutane soon do you think i will see improvements in time for the wedding (in about 5-6 weeks time). Also can i take diannette at the same time?

I hope some one can help. Thanks xxx

You have to take a BC whilst on tane...in the U.S. anyway.

Thanks for this thread....very useful. :)

A lot of people get worried about possible initial breakouts. Some people on accutane say that they did not experience an initial breakout at all.

There's this belief that it is has something to do with cleansing your skin and getting out all the crap. If that's true, then maybe not having an initial breakout translates to not needing to be on accutane.

Can this be true?

I really don't like derms, especially the ones prescribing medicine like accutane, just to be sure or because they really dont care that much about their patient.

my acne grow around my mouth

it wll b control if i take antibiotic ...if i stop it will grow again.

s decided to hav accutane treatment buti so wory of droping hair ...

so can let me knw tht any detail abt droping hair after the treatment>

they say accutane decreases one's chances of outgrowing acne in the future? is that true? :(

they say.... who says, i hope not! do you remember where you heard or read about this

What supplements do you recommend while on Accutane? I was thinking about multivitamins (they contain only 300mcg of vitamin A which is not a lot) and Omega 3 pills?

Is low dose cure effective? I was perscribed 10mg a day for 6 months which seems a little low to me (I weigh 70kg which is around 155lbs).

Love this thread! Very informative. I noticed you included the question about Microdermabrasion, and I have a question about it. My derm says I can get a microdermabrasion right now, which it's odd, because I'm in my 4th month of tane. I trust my doc, but I'm getting kind of scared after reading that. Any advice? I had very mild acne to begin with, and my skin is completely clear now. No pimples whatsoever, but I do have a lot of little marks from the acne.

Ok, this is uber embarrassing but... fuck it!

I've been on Roaccutane for a month now, I've got a two month prescription and I'm on 30 mg per day.

Recently, I've noticed something strange with my urine. The flow of it is extremely fast to the point where it is uncomfortable and definately not normal. However, it goes back to normal if I keep drinking alot of water.

Also I've noticed a little bit of redness *down there* after each time I go to the toilet. At first I thought this was blood, but nothing comes off on any toilet roll.

At this point I am totally confused and am wondering whether to talk to my doctor, dermatologist, keep drinking water or just pout up with it. I really want to stay on the roaccutane and would be willing to put up with this uncomfortableness if I had to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This isn't related to your issue but you do realise that after those 2 months theres a collosal chance your acne could come back? 2 months of Accutane isnt enough to get rid of it forever. You need 120mg X your bodyweight to find the total amount you need.

Hey everyone,

I just began accutane five days ago for the second time. I was on it for five months when I was eighteen and now i'm twenty-six. I'm seriously starting to believe this will never go away. Anyway, I haven't started to experience many of the side effects yet other than quite a few headaches but i'm also not on as high of a dose as I was eight years ago. Just wondering if anyone has some advice, i think I was on 80mg/day back then and now i'm only on 40mg/day. My acne was much worse back then but i'm just wondering if 40 a day is even going to do anything. I really want this to be my last time on this crazy drug. Any advice would me appreciated. Thanks:)

Hi there. I am in EXACTLY the same boat as you - had acne for 11 years and it's severe. Have tried everything and nothing really works (accept Dianette pill which raised my blood pressure and made me depressed). My dermatologist insists I need Roaccutane and although acne is destroying my quality of life, I am SCARED TO DEATH about the side effects of Roaccutane (especially if they are long term). Just don't know what to do...

Is using Dan's Moisturiser okay for a person on Accutane? I noticed it had Stearic Acid in it and the first post says to avoid that, so not sure what to think.