Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i remember watching 'the matrix' when i was younger (16-17 yrs), and never noticing Morpheus' (Laurence Fishburne's) acne scars. of course, at that time, i didn't have acne or acne scars

once i did get acne scars, it seems that i started noticing every little depressed mark in everyone's skin. its one of the first things i look for (seeming that if i do find a person with acne scars like me, i don't feel as alone). i watch the matrix now, and am in awe how i didn't catch that in Fishburne's skin before

has anybody else noticed this? :think:

is it that people with acne scars notice people with other scars more easily since they try to compare? i wonder if people who aren't inflicted with facial scarring even notice or think about our scarred skin? i know if i never developed acne scars, i still probably wouldn't catch or worry about how bad someones skin was

this somewhat makes me feel better about how i look to those with good skin

what are your thoughts?

i think it does have to do with us being aware of it. I mean you don't really notice what kind of glasses someone is wearing when you first meet them, they might not be the coolest glasses around but you don't really notice anything more than that they have glasses. But, if you were to come across someone you've known for a while suddenly wearing that same style of glasses you'd probably notice and be very aware of those glasses. sounds dumb... but hey i'm dumb and i'm bored and who knows...

:pray: Phish head? Hell yes!

Anyway PhantomAnthem, I definitely know where you're coming from. I think our own insecurities make us more aware of people around us that may share the same feelings. I don't really think people without acne take too much notice to people with acne.

yea i always look at other peoples skin and compare it to mine. the first thing i look at on someone is the compleion these days, its pissing me off

yea i always look at other peoples skin and compare it to mine. the first thing i look at on someone is the compleion these days, its pissing me off