Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PhantomAnthem

In Our Own World?

i remember watching 'the matrix' when i was younger (16-17 yrs), and never noticing Morpheus' (Laurence Fishburne's) acne scars. of course, at that time, i didn't have acne or acne scars

once i did get acne scars, it seems that i started noticing every little depressed mark in everyone's skin. its one of the first things i look for (seeming that if i do find a person with acne scars like me, i don't feel as alone). i watch the matrix now, and am in awe how i didn't catch that in Fishburne's skin before

has anybody else noticed this? :think:

is it that people with acne scars notice people with other scars more easily since they try to compare? i wonder if people who aren't inflicted with facial scarring even notice or think about our scarred skin? i know if i never developed acne scars, i still probably wouldn't catch or worry about how bad someones skin was

this somewhat makes me feel better about how i look to those with good skin

what are your thoughts?

there's probably something in that. I just caught up with an old friend recently and she is heavily pregnant, the first of my friends to do so and now I see pregnant women everywhere! Same kind of phenomenom IMO.

Yep - one of the first things I do now is look at the state of other peoples skin - whether it is active acne or acne scars. I can't help myself. I am obssessed.

Yep - one of the first things I do now is look at the state of other peoples skin - whether it is active acne or acne scars. I can't help myself. I am obssessed.

Same here and I know it's not healthy.

*sigh* I do the same thing too. I hate it. I don't know why I care so much about other people's skin.

Since I've always (in my adult life) had acne to this or that degree, I have always been aware of other people's skin.

I have to make a confession. I HATE looking at people with acne and scars. I know it sounds terrible but the truth is that it doesn't make me feel like "I'm not alone". It makes me feel like I'm looking in a mirror. It just serves as a reminder of my own skin which is hard to be aware of 24/7.

Does that sound awful? Does it make any sense? :(

*everything I say applies to "real life". Not to this place or cyberspace.

Since I've always (in my adult life) had acne to this or that degree, I have always been aware of other people's skin.

I have to make a confession. I HATE looking at people with acne and scars. I know it sounds terrible but the truth is that it doesn't make me feel like "I'm not alone". It makes me feel like I'm looking in a mirror. It just serves as a reminder of my own skin which is hard to be aware of 24/7.

Does that sound awful? Does it make any sense? :(

*everything I say applies to "real life". Not to this place or cyberspace.

Don't feel so bad I used to be the same. But I think it's because I really believe they felt equally horrible about their own skin as I do, when in reality these people always appear happy. Since I have accepted myself more I can look at flaws on everyone easier and realize many of them accept their bodies and it is not such a bad thing. That may not make sense but I don't associate scars and acne with negativity as much as I used to. I will always be envious of those with great skin though.

Thanks tricia. You know, it's not any other "flaws" or perceived flaws that bother me in the least in other people. I usually barely notice or care even if I do, about such things. It's the acne (which I don't have anymore) or severe scars that bother me. I don't see the other person when I see them. I see me :razz:

Ugh I know what you guys mean. This is so dumb, but when I'm around someone who has acne scarring like me (which is practically never, just this one person at my work), I get embarrassed -- I feel like people are looking at us and saying "Oh, those people have bad skin" -- yeah, totally stupid I know!

yeh i compare. I havent actuaIIy been around someone who has scars Iike mine, but if i was i hope i wouIdnt even think about it.

Sometimes i deIiberateIy Iook around hoping to see more peopIe with scars..sounds weird i know, but i dont want to feeI Iike im that different and i want to see more peopIe Iike me so i feeI 'normaI' (not that i wish scars on anyone, of course.) i mainIy end up seeing tons of reguIar skinned ppI and feeI crap.

--

On a side note is it weird that i find Iaurance Fishborne more sexy because of his scars? His scars and gapped tooth give him character in my eyes. I dont think id have reaIIy noticed him without them. UnfortunatIy this phenomonen seems to onIy work for men :(

(p.s. using the I key cuz my 'eIIe' key stopped working..IoI..)

Yes, bad I look at like everyones skin. Know what most of theirs is perfect. I have not seen people with well maybe light acne, not too many with scars. And it is a big city.........HMMMMMMMMM

Wonder why?

but I do see people who are aging prematurely, or who look older than what they are.

Makes me feel better, :( bad of me!

But all gals look/have somewhat perfect skin.

Maybe the scar gals don't to to the best Malls etc.

I just don't see alot of acne or scarring :think:

Actually anywhere.??????????

Yes, bad I look at like everyones skin. Know what most of theirs is perfect. I have not seen people with well maybe light acne, not too many with scars. And it is a big city.........HMMMMMMMMM

Wonder why?

but I do see people who are aging prematurely, or who look older than what they are.

Makes me feel better, :( bad of me!

But all gals look/have somewhat perfect skin.

Maybe the scar gals don't to to the best Malls etc.

I just don't see alot of acne or scarring :think:

Actually anywhere.??????????

I have seen many people with very light scarring, but makeup can really cover a lot. The one's I see with more severe scarring I will notice more if they don't even try to look good. Also as a side note about acne, I remember in college there was this girl who was really attractive but she had a lot of bumps on her skin. No heads to them just bumpy. She still looked great with her makeup and was very popular and always stayed busy with everything. I remember respecting her for not letting it hold her back at all, where I would have been really obsessing over it probably. I have never seen anyone with scarring exactly like mine, but if I did I supposed it would preoccupy me some when looking.