Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a529612

Hydrocortisone cream to treat cysts

Has anyone tried it? It seems to bring down the inflammation a little faster.

Please don't use it on your face. It thins the skin terribly and is permanent. I tried it too, it didn't work, but then I found out what it does to your skin and was scared off it for life!

I've also used preparation H. It gets the redness down and I've seen no bad side effects of using it.

I've also used preparation H. It gets the redness down and I've seen no bad side effects of using it.

But will it clog pores since it's an ointment? How fast will it get the redness down?

Whenever I have an inflamed cyst/zit, I'll put the pH on it and stare in the mirror waiting for it to go away. So, what I do, is I will pry myself away and go do the dishes or something ( 5-10 minute thing) and when I come back, the redness has gone down quite a bit.

I haven't had a problem with it breaking me out at all. I've used both cortisone cream and pH and found that pH works better and faster...but that was just my own experience.

You just have to fool around with things to find what works.

Whenever I have an inflamed cyst/zit, I'll put the pH on it and stare in the mirror waiting for it to go away. So, what I do, is I will pry myself away and go do the dishes or something ( 5-10 minute thing) and when I come back, the redness has gone down quite a bit.

I haven't had a problem with it breaking me out at all. I've used both cortisone cream and pH and found that pH works better and faster...but that was just my own experience.

You just have to fool around with things to find what works.

Just got some Prep H. It seems to work better on the chin than on the nose.

Get the cream with aloe vera. The ointment has mineral oil in it and it's the last thing you want on your face. Don't buy the anti-itch cream. It's basically a rebadged hydrocortisone 1% cream if you read the ingredients.

The cysts come to heads much faster with PH. Now I'm on recovery mode. :angel:

Hell yeah!

I think using a hot compress/ice pack alternating for like 15 minutes a day also brings it to a head. I'm not a scientist, but it seems like the constricting of the blood flow and then relaxing it and allowing blood to pass through over and over causes the head to kind of move up to the surface. I know it works for me.

I've used hydrocortisone to trat cysts. it's worked well for me. I would put a thick layer of hydrocortisone on the cyst and leave it on over night.

I've used hydrocortisone to trat cysts. it's worked well for me. I would put a thick layer of hydrocortisone on the cyst and leave it on over night.

yeah i just did this last night it seemed to bring down the inflammation (untill i had to get all this dead skin off of it...

Has anyone tried it? It seems to bring down the inflammation a little faster.

For Heaven's sakes, don't you even think about it! I used this stuff for eczema breakouts, and that was on my arms. But never put that stuff on your face, it will bleach it.

Please don't use it for more than a few days at a time! i made the stupid mistake of using it on my red marks etc for almost a month (it faded my red marks in the beginning) and I feel now that it's made my skin worse.