Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
queengodiva

Accutane and Mild acne?

Hi all,

I'm trying to decide whether accutane would be a good option for my mild but persistent acne. I have had mild acne since I was 16 and I am 29 now. I have used almost all the meds available (currently on taz, spiro, and finacea) but it seems like everything works some but I still have pimples and clogged pores. I have been on retinoids for 9 months-Differin, RAM, and now Taz (only 5 weeks), yet I still break out. I am so tired of always having acne-i thought i would have grown out of it or something by now. My skin is rather sensitve (I'm very pink and have a tendency towards redness) and very oily (within 2 hours I am oily). So I'm wondering if it seems like I would be a good candidate for accutane? I know that everyone is different but I keep reading that women who are older and have mild acne are less likely to have a good experience. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

you need to talk to a derm for SURE. you shouldn't have to deal with that at 29!

read up on it, if you decide you want to go on accutane, you'll have to push for it and insist.... they won't just hand accutane to you, you pretty much have to fight to get it!

to my derm I had mild accuatne...and he put me on tane because of my oily skin....now my oily skin is ok..

Thanks for responding! I'm lucky, as my derm said that if this didn't work that I could try accutane. She's really understanding and as I was crying, she could tell how much it was bothering me:) So I guess, it's just a matter of deciding if I'm willing to take the plunge!

I'm 39...and you sound a lot like me.

It took me a year to decide to take it, my derm basically had to talk me into it.

I start week 9 tomorrow, and so far, so good!