Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shireen

Are frozen vegetables as good as the fresh ones?

Hi,

So I've decided to do it the diet way. I just wanted everybody's opinion on whether frozen vegetables work as well as the fresh ones? I mean, do you think they retain all their goodness when they are frozen or is it always better to buy fresh? The thing is that there is a lot of cleaning and cutting associated with fresh vegetables which i really want to avoid,

Thanks

Technically, no.

Exposing veggies to extreme temperatures (freezing/cooking) kills nutrients. For the most part, freezing is the lesser of the two evils. Processed/canned veggies are the worst. The more they are taken out of their natural state, the more nutrients they lose. For each veggie it is different, and it also depends on which nutrients they contain. Even light can have an impact on some nutrients, such as Riboflavin in milk. That is why usually when you buy milk it is in opaque plastic or a carton.

But if you can't have it any other way, it should be okay. Eating fresh can be hard work, especialy if you have a busy life. Frozen veggies are better than no veggies at all, right?

Frozen veggies lose very minimal amount of nutrients compared to other conservation or cooking form

It's so minimal that the end result is like eating the fresh veggie

Hi,

So I've decided to do it the diet way. I just wanted everybody's opinion on whether frozen vegetables work as well as the fresh ones? I mean, do you think they retain all their goodness when they are frozen or is it always better to buy fresh? The thing is that there is a lot of cleaning and cutting associated with fresh vegetables which i really want to avoid,

Thanks

According to Wai, a self-declared expert on acne diet; once foods have been frozen or heated, their enzymes are altered which in most cases become "unnatural". Frozen veggies are definitely not as good as fresh. But eating frozen veggies is better than eating nothing.

Hi,

Thanks

According to Wai, a self-declared expert on acne diet; once foods have been frozen or heated, their enzymes are altered which in most cases become "unnatural". Frozen veggies are definitely not as good as fresh. But eating frozen veggies is better than eating nothing.

Here's the problem with Wai and many raw foodists: the enzyme theory was based on one single researcher and is vastly outdated. The reason raw food diets are healthy is 1) elimination of potentially allergenic foods like wheat and dairy and 2) increased consumption of fruits and vegetables. Plant enzymes for the most part aren't relevent to humans, though there's a few handful. Our stomach acid kills most of them off either way.

Hi,

Thanks

Here's the problem with Wai and many raw foodists: the enzyme theory was based on one single researcher and is vastly outdated. The reason raw food diets are healthy is 1) elimination of potentially allergenic foods like wheat and dairy and 2) increased consumption of fruits and vegetables. Plant enzymes for the most part aren't relevent to humans, though there's a few handful. Our stomach acid kills most of them off either way.

Enzyme theory is wrong and fortunately many raw food authors are aware of it. Each living being uses its own enzymes, we have our own enzymes produced in the gastrict lining. Plant have their own enzymes that they use to ripe themselves. The highest concentration of enzymes is in unripe fruits/veggies.

They use those enzyme to get ripe and the amount of enzymes quickly and massively decreases

It's the same concept of protein versus. amino acids

Each class of living beings has its own proteins, proteins act as proteins only as long as they're within the body of the class they belong to. Plant and animal proteins in our body don't act as protein but are just decomposed to amino acids to form proteins suited for us. Plant enzymes, that act like enzymes within the plant, can't act as enzymes in our body (only our own enzymes our glands secrete act as enzyme) and they're just decomposed to simple amino acids. Plant enzymes acts as nutritive elements within us not as enzymatic proteins