Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all , Iam new to this message board and hopefully i will get to know great people here who can help and simply share my problems and stories with.

Iam 20 year old college student..well almost 21 sadly but anyways , i've had acne since I was around 12-13 years old and it got really bad around highschool years when i was 16-17 and lasted more than 2 years , it was very bad that i hated life and i got into deep depression , but after those bad years i went to doctors and did alot of treatments like peelings and lazer and used alot of meds and creams and my acne got alot better that iam feeling a bit better about my self , i still get small whiteheads and pimples every other week or so...still suffering but iam trying to clear it up as much as i can , i even pay alot of money to do treatments every month to just get rid of pimples for a while.

My social life got better while my skin is getting better ofcourse , i dropped highschool because of depression and my skin abviously but i finished highschool by studying at home and now i do attent college classes but not really happy to because well yeah my face , i feel so embaressed of my skin and i just hate hate waking up everymorning looking at all the red spots i have from old acne and the pimples and try to cover them up and get ready to go to class , iam sure most people here know how it feels.

You said you get small whiteheads and pimples every other week? That's nothing! I think you should feel good about yourself, I mean, he obviously likes you, or he wouln't continue speaking to you.

I say go for it. Chin up, cheer up.

he won't care.

I find girls who dont have flawless skin more attractive, understanding and approachable.

I can relate to you alot, my other siblings are in long term relationships, but hell, good on them, would you want them to be unhappy? As long as your sister isn't rubbing it in, then shes proably well aware of it and understanding of your situation. My sister use to be upset because she didnt get as many boyfriends as her friends, but she's found someone she really likes and they have been going out for 5 years. So dont get too worried about having bf's.

I dont know much about 'online dating' , but you should at least get a picture of the guy. But even if you start seeing him/going out with him eventually you'll have to go outside, so my advice would be to try get more comfortable in public and try not to spend time in chat rooms, because I feel they are not helping you.

:D then again you should see my post.

while ive never done online dating i think its a great idea (although you gotta be carefull) i think its good gettin to know someone before going out with them. im def not an advocate of approaching strangers in bars etc.

and i agree with nzguy id feel so much more comfortable with a gf who doesnt have flawless skin

I know where you are comming from bro. I had bad acne throughout highschool and the couple years I spent in college and it killed my self-esteem. So much so I couldn't bear to look at myself and I felt that women would feel the same way so I stopped trying.

My mom even asked me once if I was gay because I had never had a girlfriend. sigh. Anyways my acne is clearing up now as well so we are in the same boat. Lets get ourselves a G/F! ;)

Unfortunately, physical attractiveness is sought after more in girls but here's the thing. Not every girl in my school has perfect skin. (However I don't know the extend of your acne so I don't want to bring any false hope) What I've noticed is that I feel attracted to girls who seem confident and sincere. Now there's a difference between confidence and feigned confidence. Confident people seem goal oriented; they're are in clubs, either in the position of delicating responsibilites or giving public speeches. The more you're exposed to these people, the more you become attracted to them. Yes quite odd, but I've seen couples at much different levels of attractiveness. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you need to let your personality shine through to people. If you don't interact with people, they will just judge you by your looks. Of course it's not easy to start talking to strangers so you need to find ways to let people hear your voice, feel your vibe; just ask more questions in class, participate in events, expose yourself to more people.

Oh another thing I wanted to mention is just remember that you're still in school so know your priorities.

PS: You should read my other post about America's individualistic society. I explained some of the reasons why people feel more lonely and isolated.

You know what, if you both meet up, and things go well, he's seen past the physical exterior, into your heart. So if he was really genuine, he would want to pursue something with YOU because that's all he's known, since he's never actually "seen" you. So, time will tell when you meet up. You'll know whether he's worth it, and is truly genuine, or if he's some shallow, superficial jerk. Either way, I hope it all goes well..But I advise you to be careful meeting up with someone who you know over the internet, even if you have been talking for two years. Make sure you take a good friend with you, and you meet up in a public space. Goodluck.