Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kanmi

I need help!!!!!!

*mod edited for expletives* I hate my life.

Ok. So, i've been breaking out like crazy lately. I'm almost in my 4th month of accutane, this should not be happening. So I have been thinking non stop of what could be causing this. Then it hit me, i'm a dumb *mod edited* bitch.

I started taking MSM when I heard it would help for scars. I didn't bother reading ingredients or anything I was just excited so I ran to GNC and got some. I started taking it two weeks ago. Now my face won't stop breaking out in cysts. Then my mom read something on the bottle about MSM being related to sulfur.

I am allergic to sulfur.

So my question is, how long will it take to get this shit out of my system if i've been taking it for two weeks? I didn't take any today, and I still got a new cyst.

Well that would suck if I did. I most likely have endometriosis as well. I'm just waiting to go to the doctor to get tested for that.

Based on personal experience, 2-3 weeks. ALthough I don't have a sulfur allergy, I have a fish allergy that breaks me out in nodules if I consume any products with fish in it.

About a month ago, I was about 98% clear and wanted to test out some fish oil pills to see if I could handle a small amount of fish. Starting breaking out a week later and it took about 3 weeks to totally clear.

Maybe with the accutane it'll clear faster. Not sure. Good luck.

From that forum:

I read recently that developing an allergy to sulfur or sulfa-based drugs can be attributed to lupus.

Sulphur and sulfa are not the same thing.

Thank you so much for looking that up for me. Sadly, i'm allergic to both.

Based on personal experience, 2-3 weeks. ALthough I don't have a sulfur allergy, I have a fish allergy that breaks me out in nodules if I consume any products with fish in it.

About a month ago, I was about 98% clear and wanted to test out some fish oil pills to see if I could handle a small amount of fish. Starting breaking out a week later and it took about 3 weeks to totally clear.

Maybe with the accutane it'll clear faster. Not sure. Good luck.

LOL my post was edited. Sorry just noticed.

So yeah, I hope it will clear quicker. I would be clear right now i'm sure if it weren't for the MSM. I woke up today hoping I wouldn't get anymore zits, and I did. Guess i'll have to cancel any plans I had this weekend.

:(