Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Alright I think im giving in

I know that Labgirl has used and enjoyed the Almay Line Smoothing foundation.. and since she works with makeup and knows whats up, I think im going to give in to that foundation. I currently use revlon colorstay.. and it provides good enough coverage and last all day long.. I like the stuff, but now I am looking back and am thinking that this MAY be the reason why my skin is still breaking out... i'm sure its definantly not any help. Plus, colorstay is pretty thick and hard to remove. I will still keep a bottle of colorstay around just in case.. but I really want to give this almay stuff a try.

I have oily skin and can breakout pretty easily... I am oiliest on my upper cheeks and nose... and around my mouth/chin is actually pretty dry.

Who else besides Labgirl uses this? how do you like it? :D

Also, how long does this stuff last (not on skin, in general)? A bottle of colorstay lasts me a longg time.. I dont want to buy almay line smoothing if it doesn't last long.. espessially since its a little expensive.

Comparing it to Colorstay, it has similar coverage if applyed using a sponge and kinda dabbing it over trouble spots instead of sweeping it on with a sponge. It won't last nearly as long as a bottle of Colorstay, especially if you wear makeup everyday. It isn't "long wearing" but it is silicone based, so it will stay on for a while. I usually have to touch up just on the trouble spots. When my skin was oily for some reason my skin didn't look that greasy, even though it has a semi-matte finish.....I hate colorstay because my skin was so oily that my sebum would wet out the pigments causing the shade to shift.....the Line Smoothing Compact doesn't do that........Also I don't have an issue with flaking with the compact.....Colorstay makes my skin get flakey around my mouth.....

I never paid attention to how much it costs, because I get tons of makeup for free, but I had to buy one over the weekend because I really wanted to wear makeup over the weekend and I forgot it at work. It was like 13$ at Walmart......that's way too much.....so if you want to buy it see if you can find a store that will let you return used cosmetics, in case yu don't like it.........some actually do let you return used cosmetics........

This makeup isn't marketed towards teenage skin, or oily or acne prone skin at all.....it's really meant for aging skin (hence it's called "Line Smoothing"), but for some reason it just worked. What makes it smooth lines (wax and silicones) also smooths over comedonal acne and rolling scars....better then any liquid foundation or mineral makeup I've ever tried.........

Guest blackheadben

do you really wanna use a line smoothing foundation on acne prone skin? I mean, the stuff for old skin is usually really rich. Besides, just using foundation is not a good idea, it would have to be really thick to just cover up on its own. Use a little foundation and touch up w/ concealor on the spots that poke through. hope i helped! if you don't like colorstay anymore, their active light version is good.

Alright thanks Labgirl :D

do you really wanna use a line smoothing foundation on acne prone skin? I mean, the stuff for old skin is usually really rich. Besides, just using foundation is not a good idea, it would have to be really thick to just cover up on its own. Use a little foundation and touch up w/ concealor on the spots that poke through. hope i helped! if you don't like colorstay anymore, their active light version is good.

i use the liquid version of this and i love it!! much better than colourstay. i find it looks more natural and seems to combat some of the dryness assoicated with my skin care regime. with the colourstay i always had flakey patches and it looked terrible, but with this the finish is smooth and my skin stays hydrated.

hope this helps!!

i just got it recently.. it dint cover nearly as good as i hoped. but i agree with lab girl, dont sweep it over (it doesnt blend very well) i think a dabbing motion would be better..

its okay for when i just want light makeup and dont really care about covering EVERYTHING

Well, I have used (and likely will continue to use) Colorstay-man this stuff STAYS on! Line smoothing, and Maybelline dream matte mousse.

I think my skin changes so much throughout a monthly cycle that it warrants switching form one to another throughout. I LOVE the colorstay for covering and staying power. I use it when I'm really badly broken out and really look like crap and have to teach an aerobics class.

The line smoothign is great for flaky/dry skin!

And maybelline is great for a super-matte finish that semi-lasts. Also good for me as an undereye concealer.

I'm done with tossing foundations. For now, I'm keeping all my ones that match my skin tone b/c I know I'll need it again at some point!