Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dee21

I'm thinkin of goin on Accutane....

I wanna go on accutane it seems like its worked for some people on here and i;m about out of options. How do i go about goin on it do i need a dermatologist cause i dont have the money for one right now....I just wanna be clear from acne im sick of living in a hole. Im sick of make up i just want nice smooth clear skin...Please help me Thanks....

You will need to make an appointment with a Dermatologist. Accutane is not give out unless there is a definite need, and only after your acne has not proven responsive to other prescription medications.

What all have you tried for your skin?

would you classify it as mild, moderate, or severe?

Well, i would say its more moderate it goes and then i will clear up for a few days then it will all suddenly come back out of know where i dont know but my skin in general isn't normal its color is weird to me i dont know if u know what im saying but i feel it's not normal. I've tried a cream the doc gave to me dont remember what it's called but i actually liked this cream i think it helped me but i switched doctors and dont remember. and hes gave me 2 different kind of pills but none have helped

It sucks, but if you are in the states you will need to see a derm or a VERY good understanding doctor. Even then, the first (or second or third) derm might not even give you accutane. Each time will cost you money!

Also, you are looking at $300-800 per MONTH for the accutane after that for 6 months.

If you live somewhere other than the USA, then you might be able to get away with a bit cheaper.

It sucks, but if you are in the states you will need to see a derm or a VERY good understanding doctor. Even then, the first (or second or third) derm might not even give you accutane. Each time will cost you money!

Also, you are looking at $300-800 per MONTH for the accutane after that for 6 months.

If you live somewhere other than the USA, then you might be able to get away with a bit cheaper.

that's without insurance, if you have (or can get insurance) it will cost you a lot less.

uhhh everything has to cost money i will have insurance soon im in the middle of changing jobs. If i could figure out what this damn cream was called i could get some where.... :think:

that's without insurance, if you have (or can get insurance) it will cost you a lot less.

she said she couldn't afford a derm so I assumed she didn't have insurance.....

plus, in the states, a lot of insurance companies don't cover accutane. it's too expensive and they don't understand that adults need it as much as teens.

Wow! That's tough. In Canada, dermatologists are free. And when I was on Accutane, it cost about $100/month. But that was a while ago.

Even still, I would have sold my soul to clear my acne back then.

Cam >B)

plus, in the states, a lot of insurance companies don't cover accutane. it's too expensive and they don't understand that adults need it as much as teens.

In Canada, dermatologists are free. And when I was on Accutane, it cost about $100/month. But that was a while ago.

free, yes.....

good? debatable.

easy to get? HELL NO.

wait time? 2-3 months, none available outside of large cities.

accutane? not if they can help it!

Sometimes people in Canada end up travelling hundreds of km's getting to derms, that are rude/jerks that will not give you accutane. You may need to try 4 or 5 before one will listen to you, which could take over a year since every time you have to get a doctors note to make an apointment. Screw that.

but it might be cheaper to but insurance before you start accutane then to pay for it out of pocket.

but it might be cheaper to but insurance before you start accutane then to pay for it out of pocket.

I tried a few times, and this didn't make sense any of those times ;)

I tried a few times, and this didn't make sense any of those times ;)