Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
� ©

Redmarks turned brown

Hey, I am a chinese asian.

Wondering what to do on my brown marks which were redmarks after acnes.

I think, for asian, or whoever has dark skin, the redmarks will not fade, but turn into brown marks (marks slightly browner than original skin tone), unlike people with white skin, which redmarks will turn pinkish and vanish eventually.

I tried before.

Did not work so well, brown mark (not on face) faded a bit.

What I want is the brown mark completely faded lol.

Maybe the "extra care active fade cream" from Fade out does not work well. The main active ingredients are hydroquinone & octyl methoxycinnamate.

Yes. I am using the Men Expert Exfoliating cleanser.

Everytime after exfoliating, my skin just gets smoother, but no improvement on brown marks.

after they turn red, they turn brown, and eventually get lighter and lighter brown. and start blending back with your skin

not for everyone though (the turning brown part)

after they turn red, they turn brown, and eventually get lighter and lighter brown. and start blending back with your skin

No. The brown marks from redmarks still there on my face.

"eventually get lighter and lighter brown" = takes about 1 year.

I guess, for people who have dark skin like me, the brown marks are hard to lighten.

i actually noticed that on my skin some of them fade faster than others. i got like two pimples last week and the brown marks are already almost as light as the marks ive had for about 6 months now. hm i hope this doesnt mean that the 6 months ones arent ever going to fade

i actually noticed that on my skin some of them fade faster than others. i got like two pimples last week and the brown marks are already almost as light as the marks ive had for about 6 months now. hm i hope this doesnt mean that the 6 months ones arent ever going to fade

Brown marks fading rate depends on the area of your face. For me, they faded faster on my nose, followed by forehead, chin, and finally cheek (>1 year).

Brown marks fading rate depends on the area of your face. For me, they faded faster on my nose, followed by forehead, chin, and finally cheek (>1 year).

ugh cheek takes forever, it sucks. my chin marks fade so incredibly fast. i wish my cheek was at least a LITTLE faster. i mean the rate the brown marks are COMING is way higher than the rate they go. so i doubt its possible for them to go completely. the first rate cancells the second, not even cancells but overrides

i have light skin. and my red marks turned dark too. BUT MINE AREN'T BROWN. they're purple awwww ahaha. makeup never solves the problem either.

most of mine are on my cheek. and I agree... the forehead and chin fade pretty damn fast. and around my lips (when you get those pesky zits on your lips owwwwwwwwwwww) are red for a week or so and they fade. am I lucky or is that normal.

anyways I'm using acne free scar shit for them.

should i get a rx for them, is that stronger.

anybody know anything about light people huh???????

Purple??

Yes, it is normal (at least for me) that zits on lips take at leasta week to completely fade.

No comment for rest of your questions.

well yeah. purplieeeeeeeee. hahah they're just dark and I hate them.

my ance is pretty much gone gone gone.

but it looks like it's horrible cuz of those damn marks.

oh well... I guess I'll have to wait a year......... :)

Hydroquinone works well on dark marks when it is combined with either an AHA (8%-10%) or BHA (2%-3%). The acids will aid in gently removing the top layers of skin thereby peeling away the dark marks too. This superficial exfoliation will also allow the hydroquinone to penetrate better thereby directly attacking the dark marks. Still, it takes quite a long period of time to see good results.

Fastest results can be realized by having a chemical peel with at least 30% glycolic acid. It causes extreme peeling which will remove the affected skin more deeply at a faster rate. Depending on your skin's sensitivity, you can do a chemical peel every 7-10 days. Couple this with the hydroquinone and you will see results that much faster.

NOTE: Speaking from experience, when using AHA, BHA and hydroquinone, it is critical to use a sunscreen. If you don't, the dark marks can become even darker and new dark marks may form. These marks seem to get harder to fade away with increased exposure to the sun's UV rays.

Hydroquinone works well on dark marks when it is combined with either an AHA (8%-10%) or BHA (2%-3%). The acids will aid in gently removing the top layers of skin thereby peeling away the dark marks too. This superficial exfoliation will also allow the hydroquinone to penetrate better thereby directly attacking the dark marks. Still, it takes quite a long period of time to see good results.

Fastest results can be realized by having a chemical peel with at least 30% glycolic acid. It causes extreme peeling which will remove the affected skin more deeply at a faster rate. Depending on your skin's sensitivity, you can do a chemical peel every 7-10 days. Couple this with the hydroquinone and you will see results that much faster.

NOTE: Speaking from experience, when using AHA, BHA and hydroquinone, it is critical to use a sunscreen. If you don't, the dark marks can become even darker and new dark marks may form. These marks seem to get harder to fade away with increased exposure to the sun's UV rays.

im scared that some of the marks i have are the permanent ones.

Similar to post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, from your experience, for people who have dark skin like me, will I get post-peeling hyperpigmentation?

What hydroquinone product (+ AHA/BHA) can you recommend to me?