Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After much research and most of it positive, I have decided to book for new fill to fill up my remaining scars. 800 dollars per treatment and will require 2.

Hopefully it will last for 2 yrs at which I will go for a touch up. But after subcision, this will hopefully fill up my remaining dents. I can only hope.

Hi Bulldog. I haven't heard of New-Fill - will have to look into it. $800 isn't bad if it works like you want it to. I'll be hoping it works for you too. Please keep us posted. smile.gif

I was researching new fill on the web and read how it can produce collagen over time. The website I viewed said that new fill was mostly for defects deep within the skin such as the loss of facial fat problem experienced by people with AIDS.

I was wondering if anyone on this board had more info about this product. I am still very interested in fillers. It just seems that most are not approved for use in the US.

Jane

I'm getting it done on Friday. It's quite similar to Restalyne in a way. Thickens the dermis. Lifts it.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck with your treatment!

What country do you live in?

Also, how would you describe your scars?

Jane

Hi Jane,

I'm in Australia. My scars are shallow on my left hand side. A bunch of deep pitted scars on my right that look like stretch marks. Also some dents on my forehead. I'm hoping new-fill can do the job for me.

Does your doc think that the new fill will work on all the scars?

Have you had the subcision yet, if so, how much did it help?

Jane

Bulldog, I hope the injections work for you.

I was interested in Newfill at first, then I realszed its a similar concept to Artecoll, except the microspheres eventually get absorbed. Thats what I liked about it - its more natural, no plastic remains permanently in the skin, then hopefully your own collegan is stimulated.

I'm afraid that you likely may need even more injections than w/ Artecoll though, since 25% of Artecoll is permanent and serves to plump up the skin - nothing in Newfill is permanent. Artecoll supposedly needs at least five injections for good results, for deep scars....

poohman-From what I have read regarding another thread, artecoll only worked for your deeper pits. Did you try it on your shallower scars?

Jane

When I say shallow, I guess I mean the type of scars that don't disappear when stretched/pinched. For example chicken pox scars, or enlarged pore type scars... these won't be helped at all by Artecoll. I had these very subtle depressed scars with no edges or borders that were actaully hepled quite a bit by two rounds of Artecoll. Its seems every scar needs a different kind of treatment...

I had New-fill done last Tuesday the 21st. I had some numbing cream put on for 30 minutes prior to the injection. This really helped, could hardly feel the injections. I had all scars done, i have a combination of ice-pick and large indented scars. The areas scarred are both cheeks and down on both sides of the jaw line. My acne scarring is considered moderate. The Dr moved the needle around under the scar to break any fibre connection holding down the scar, I could hear them snapping away. The New-fill was then injected under and around the scar to plump up the area. It lasted approx. 30 mintues. Im to wait 6 weeks to give the New-Fill ample time to rebuild the collogen, before my next appointment. There's a possibility ill need 3 sets all up, so thats $2400 Australian. The reults should last for up to 2 years, but im told most people come back at a 12 month interval for a top up, to maintain the result. Although im told you only need half the amount of injections to maintain the results as you need in the initial injections to get the desired result. The side effects i got were--bruising(wasn't to bad) and swelling(minor and went down in 3-4 days) I also had it injected into areas where i had no acne scars, just to give the skin a better texture. The results are fading now and the scars are re-appearing again, this is normal, and its not usually until after the 2nd injection the results appear. All the scars filled in really well, could hardly see them, so it works really well for any acne scar. I've had Restylane done several times in the past, but the Restylane results weren't half as good as New-fill. I think because New-fill can be injected under the skin and can spread across the scar is why the results are so good, where as Restylane is used more to directly inject into the scar to plump it out.

I am glad New Fill seems to be working for you. I have read that a lot of people do not seem satisfied with fillers. Does your doc think that after the second set of injections you won't be able to see the scars much anymore? The U.S. seems to be so behind in this area of treatment for acne scars. New Fill in particular seems really good. I could live with only needing to touch up every 12-24 months.

I am going to look into this product more. Especially since it works for every scar type.

Jane

Hi Jane,

Everyone needs at least 2. The first injection is a primmer, the 2nd injection a few weeks later is when the results start/or should start to appear, then i guess its depending on the severity of your scarring as to wether you go on for more sets. The problem with my scarring is i have more than one type of scar, so its been hard to find a treatment that suits all types. New-Fill seems to be for me, so far, the better choice. If the results of the New-fill on my scars so far are anything to go by, the final result should be really good, but no treatment is perfect, so ill have to wait and see. But in the end, if i can worry a little less about the scarring even for a year until i go back, ill be happy.

4 days til my treatment. Some docs say that it's permanent but some don't, it's kinda weird. Either way, A yearly top up is a small price to pay for quality of life.

I wonder how they charge for these injections, that is, is it 800 bucks per session regardless of how much is done? If so, I'm doing as much as I can.

Hi everyone,i have been told by my Dr that artecoll isn't permanent,it may last about 5years(if he told me the truth) which is better than new-fill,if it only lasts 2years.

I have had fat injected into my face which helped after 12/14 injections and i may have more done.

I have also been told that your body rejects foreign bodies and achohol can also affect it too by reducing the time it lasts in your body.

Please keep an open mind on fillers as they are only foreign bodies,the best filler on the market is your own fat which will not be rejected by your body but u will lose 40% of it a few days after each injection,some of the fat can stay in pernanent.

I don't see how artecoll for scars can not be permanent. The PMMA spheres stay there forever, and the collegen that is produced will stay except you lose some as you age, but that would happen anyway.

If you use it for wrinkles, then yes wrinkles come back eventually because you move your face in that area.

Well had my first session of New Fill today. Too early to tell but looks ok apart from the injection bruises. I must say, it did hurt a bit even with the numbing cream and ice packs. I was wincing a lot. Prob had around 30+ shots around the face

The physician doing the injections was extremely nice and made it a whole lot more pleasant.

My face is only slightly bruised, they didn't overdo the anaesthesia. Should be barely noticeable tomorrow.

I have to massage the areas for 3 days and see the physician again in 6 weeks to see if a second one is needed.

Let's see how the next few weeks pan out. Fingers crossed the collagen grows and grows.

Hi Anna and all,

My progress is going pretty well. It's a 2-3 mth period wait to see the real results. The NEw fill forces your own collagen to grow. On my right hand side, it's still pretty firm although expecting it to go down a bit. My 2nd treatment is in 5 weeks.

Hi Bulldog;

how are you shaping up.....

How long did the swelling and bruising last?

Why were you instructed to massage the area continuosly? - what is the logic behind that?

cheers

N4Y

Is NEW FILL good for ice picks/deep pits?

There's a doc in Liverppool (UK) who is offerin this service for £350 (around US$500) for two treatments - sounds kind of reasonable if it works.

------------------------

Following is his email reply to me:

Thank you for your E-mail of 07.11.03.

The cost of New Fill is £ 350 for the two treatments necessary, with an interval of 4 weeks.

It is impossible to say how effective it would be in your case without a consultation, which is free anyway. It depends on the quality of the underlying tissues and tethering.

Our phone number is o151 709 7441.

Yours sincerely,

Dr A Zsigmond.

Member of the British Association of Cosmetic Doctors.