Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
longshot

GA peels & retinoids

I initially went on retina to even out my skin tone. specifically, i wanted to lessen the appearance of my redmarks. I was pretty much clear from using csr by the time i started retina--although i had a mild initial breakout. anyway, my redmarks faded initially, but lately i have seen little improvement. i have heard great things about glycolic acid peels and was wondering if anyone has tried them while on a retinoid. i have noticed warnings on packaging for ga peels that say not use if on a retinoid, but sometimes warnings are just for extreme cases. my skin is pretty tough so i was wondering if anyone had experience with this or if i am crazy for wanting to do this.

I started going to a skin clinic (not a derm) about a month ago and my "plan" was to use .05% tretinion and get a GA peel once a month, getting the stronger % with each month. I have only done two so far but I really like them. They leave my face very clean feeling and lessen my red marks. I am excited to see the improvement and if you want will let you know long term effects of them. But anyway, the combination of retinoids and peels works fine for me with no terrible burning or side effects. hope this helped

it is advised that you wait a month after stopping w/ perscription topical retinoids to do ga

however, if you feel that your skin can handle it, it is probably best to visit a derm, talk to him/her about it, and it's probably best if they perform the peel, so they can control what's going on

when did u start apply the tretinoin again KAYLA ?

right after the peel?, the day after? after the pink went away? or ?

hehe

:D