Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jprime

scabbing help? its depressing

right well i have some bad luck. getting out of the shower i may notice the zit or cyst(spelling?) may have broken. so it scabbs over, and those look horrible. does putting moisturizer on them help? and can somone give me some advice about what to do with them and the such? cause this bothers me almost as much as acne itself.

I get them a lot now because I'm on accutane. It seems my skin is more fragile and scabs are innevitable. Either I load up with moisturizure to reduce the amount of scabbing visible, or put tea tree oil on it to dry it out in hopes of it falling off quicker. If I know a scab is ready to come off (meaning there's new skin underneath) I'll pick it off. Usually I have to leave them on and walk around with them :( it's very embarrassing I know, because then I think people think you pick at your face all the time.

I know :cry: I have a few on my face right now. The only thing to do it to wait until they dry and come off on their own so they dont scar. :cry: I put aloe vera on mine I think they heal faster that way.

Kaya

ugh, I had to find out the hard way that you SHOULD NOT pick while on accutane. Sometimes when I get a cyst, if it has a head and I know I can get it, I go through all the steps to remove the head and probably 60% of the time I am succesful. The head is removed, the cyst goes away. Well, I had a cyst a few days ago..not toooo big but still big enough to really bug me. It was starting to get a head and so I decided to go for it. By the time I finished, a whole layer of skin came off. I now have a quarter size red blotch and its inflamed and big and it scabs over really bad. The skin is quite sensative and it looks terrible. I'm going to the derm tomorrow to get the infamous injection. But now I know to NEVER pick again!! Sometimes you just gotta find out the hard way..