Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ayeeesha

Acne sucks more for girls

I truly believe that acne sucks a LOT more for women than it does for our male counterpart. Think about it, since the beginning of time women have been the object of beauty. The physical expectations of women have always been much greater than those of men..I would say that generally men are noticed and respected for their intelligence, and women for their beauty. Beautiful women don't haveto say a word and men will instantly fall head over heels in love wit them..think about movies and television, it is not a requirement for men to be attractive in the least(just a bonus) but it is a definite MUST HAVE for a movie to have the most jawdropping actress for the movie even if she is a TERRIBLE ACTRESS(I dont think we need an example)..women are expected to have a fair complexion yet slightly bronzed for that "california glow", their skin must be soft, touchable and youthful similar to a childs..any slight imperfection can stop a mans attraction dead in it's tracks. There is no feeling more horrible than getting checked out by a super hot guy and then getting upclose to eachother only to be instantly shunned because he can now see everything thats

wrong with your face. Nobody would give 2 shits if Jude Law had a big zit on his chin at some film festival but what about Charlese Theron? What if she showed up with a faceful of zits, however beautiful she already is, would that turn down her sex appeal?? OFCOARSE IT WOULD!

As much as acne sucks for everyone, I think it is WAY more acceptable for a guy to have zits all over his face than it is for us girls because it goes against what is the norm..a man is allowed to have tanned skin, sun spots, wrinkles, rough stubble, zits, scars and generally a MANLY face..when women have a similar complexion it's disgusting..Why do we all haveto look like scarlett o'hara? Because I sure as hell never will.

I hope I can get some feedback here and see if anyone agrees or disagrees

I truly believe that acne sucks a LOT more for women than it does for our male counterpart. Think about it, since the beginning of time women have been the object of beauty. The physical expectations of women have always been much greater than those of men..I would say that generally men are noticed and respected for their intelligence, and women for their beauty. Beautiful women don't haveto say a word and men will instantly fall head over heels in love wit them..think about movies and television, it is not a requirement for men to be attractive in the least(just a bonus) but it is a definite MUST HAVE for a movie to have the most jawdropping actress for the movie even if she is a TERRIBLE ACTRESS(I dont think we need an example)..women are expected to have a fair complexion yet slightly bronzed for that "california glow", their skin must be soft, touchable and youthful similar to a childs..any slight imperfection can stop a mans attraction dead in it's tracks. There is no feeling more horrible than getting checked out by a super hot guy and then getting upclose to eachother only to be instantly shunned because he can now see everything thats

wrong with your face. Nobody would give 2 shits if Jude Law had a big zit on his chin at some film festival but what about Charlese Theron? What if she showed up with a faceful of zits, however beautiful she already is, would that turn down her sex appeal?? OFCOARSE IT WOULD!

As much as acne sucks for everyone, I think it is WAY more acceptable for a guy to have zits all over his face than it is for us girls because it goes against what is the norm..a man is allowed to have tanned skin, sun spots, wrinkles, rough stubble, zits, scars and generally a MANLY face..when women have a similar complexion it's disgusting..Why do we all haveto look like scarlett o'hara? Because I sure as hell never will.

I very much agree.

Yes I totally agree and this is why being a girl sux cause we are judged by our looks! Normally I am pretty confident with myself but when my acne is bad I don't even want to go anywhere with my boyfriend cause I think he's probably checking out the women in public that have perfect skin. Every time I go somewhere I never see anyone with acne and it makes me feel even more alone and depressed! I agree that it is worse for us girls to have acne. In one of my other posts I said how guys with acne could get a girlfriend but girls with acne have a hard time attracting guys cause most guys just want an arm trophy. There's even guys on here that obviously have acne and said they would prefer a girl without acne, that's just like a lot of men who are over weight wouldn't date a woman who are over weight! God us girls are just so lucky!

Well I like girls with imperfections.

I do agree with you, that girls with acne have it so much worse than guys. Like on the forums here I've heard a few of the ladies here have gone to a mental hospital or tried commiting suicide because of looks (which, I'm interpretting as a major factor) but I haven't heard of any guys that have done the same so far. I think acne is considered a masculine thing, too. A lot of weightlifters have it pretty bad. So if you have this stuff on your face and you are a girl, it's likely to affect you 10x worse than any guy could be effected by it.

Well I like girls with imperfections.

Oooh, is that so! :wub:

I wish I knew a guy that would say that genuinely, without me having to ask him first. Obviously if you ask they will feel bad if they say no. So it's hard to tell if they mean it of not.

I call bullshit, girls can cover anything up with makeup.

But then the girl's self-consciousness is doubled because we'll always be worrying about being seen without makeup. We won't swim, or wash their face when someone is around. And personally it makes me feel like a liar. My worst fear is getting a boyfriend, then when he sees me without makeup he'll go "I think I'll pass, thanks!" Even worse for my back. :(

At least guys get it out of the way immediately. And a girl will like you for who you truly are.

i dissagree compleatly sorry

Firstly where not in the beginning of time this is 2006, men have to also be attractive u know, all this just 'brains' is totaly bullshit.. maybe coz your a girl u feel its really bad, but trust me its just as bad if your a guy.. u say actress must have floorless skin well so would an actor.. if u look on tv, magazines, u will see that men have smooth skin and that too u know.. your right nobody would care less if there Jude Law had a big zit on his chin at some film festival becouse it would be just one zit, the charlese theron bit u put again is bull anyone who has acne, not mild crap,, seriously u people reading this with mild acne, it doesnt take one bit away from ur apperance get that out of ur head, but im on about people have very seriousy severe acne cysts and so on, that is very unatractive, same with bad scaring sadly. And LOL anyone is allound tanned skin not just men, wrinkles everyone gets and so on.

seriously :rolleyes: you need to open your eyes... men nowerdays have to be just as attractive..

I call bullshit, girls can cover anything up with makeup.

yeah, makeup is a big plus for girls.

but still, i think ayee420 hit the nail on the head.

i think women have it harder too. cause they are the ones who get asked out. and adam i saw your gallery and you look fine... you got some scars but guys arent supposed to be looking flawless (thats what i think anyways). you also dont have any redness, i got tons of red marks so your lucky.

lol, i was actually going to make a thread like this. its really a hard one to call. i think guys can get away with having acne more. im not saying its EASIER for them, just that its more socially acceptable.

i think women have it harder too. cause they are the ones who get asked out.

rigghtt? and its men who have to do the asking but how can they do that if they have no confiedence to ask in the first place coz i cetrainly dont and never did when i had severe acne..

lol, i was actually going to make a thread like this. its really a hard one to call. i think guys can get away with having acne more. im not saying its EASIER for them, just that its more socially acceptable.

well i never did, i got called names every day tons of times per day by adults and kids..

Guest flutistgurl26

nah... girls can't cover everything up with make up. It's not that easy. Half the time the concealers you buy will make you break out which defeats the purpose. Also.. all of them that i've tried don't even "conceal" anything.. they just tone down the red a bit. Plus, you can't conceal a bump. Even if concealer is on bumbpy skin it will still be .. well, bumpy. plus.. i can never get concealer to stay on.

I honestly don't give a shit if a girl has cysts that put my alltime worst to shame. I don't pay any attention to a girl's skin, my hangup is on weight.

Okay, two guys have said this now... but I'm wondering if you give slack on girls with acne because you have acne too. I know I don't mind acne because I've lived with it. But I've heard people say acne is a huge turnoff... and it makes me wonder if the clearer you are, the higher the standard goes.

I honestly don't give a shit if a girl has cysts that put my alltime worst to shame. I don't pay any attention to a girl's skin, my hangup is on weight.

Okay, two guys have said this now... but I'm wondering if you give slack on girls with acne because you have acne too. I know I don't mind acne because I've lived with it. But I've heard people say acne is a huge turnoff... and it makes me wonder if the clearer you are, the higher the standard.

seriously .. my sister has pretty moderate acne i would say, and she goes out with a very attractive guy, i dont think it really maters imo..

i know it wouldnt bather me, weather i had acne myself or not.

Okay, two guys have said this now... but I'm wondering if you give slack on girls with acne because you have acne too. I know I don't mind acne because I've lived with it. But I've heard people say acne is a huge turnoff... and it makes me wonder if the clearer you are, the higher the standard.

I don't think so, I don't really have more than a few little spots these days anyways. Maybe it's possible that the experience made me not care, but honestly, I've never really paid any attention to it, even before I started getting it bad.

Okay, two guys have said this now... but I'm wondering if you give slack on girls with acne because you have acne too. I know I don't mind acne because I've lived with it. But I've heard people say acne is a huge turnoff... and it makes me wonder if the clearer you are, the higher the standard goes.

Well if people are that shallow, they're not worth being around. Sure, some people will say it's a big turnoff. So what? For some people, red hair is a big turnoff. We can't please 'em all. :lol:

Well if people are that shallow, they're not worth being around. Sure, some people will say it's a big turnoff. So what? For some people, red hair is a big turnoff. We can't please 'em all. :lol:

I keep hearing about how redheads are going to be extinct by 2100. I thought it might be a good idea to start a cult to protect the species and mass produce redheads. I don't have enough money to launch that type of thing, otherwise I'd try.

Guest ThereIsHope

I agree with the main poster 100%.

Girls have it WWWWWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYY harder. You have no idea guys. Because you are not girls! :D

I agree with the main poster 100%.

Girls have it WWWWWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYY harder. You have no idea guys. Because you are not girls! :D

But using that logic, YOU have no idea, since you're not a guy :dance:

if you have acne really bad it sucks for both equally

if you have moderate it sucks more for a girl

if you have it mild its equal

if you got scars its worse for girls

so girls got it tougher in most cases

case closed :ninja:

if you have acne really bad it sucks for both equally

if you have moderate it sucks more for a girl

if you have it mild its equal

if you got scars its worse for girls

so girls got it tougher in most cases