Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JT231897

When did you get your IB?

I have been on accutane(sotret) for 2 weekes now and i am anxious to know weather i already had my IB or if it is still to come. Please let me know when you had and IB if you did and how well accutane worked for you.

that's about when i got mine. Mine still hasnt gone away tho. The red marks are still there from it. Im almost at two months now. I had a horrible one

I started 20mg of Accutane per day just about 2 weeks ago, and ( :pray::pray::pray: ) no IB yet!!!!! I only have good things to report so far, like reduced oil production. :D

My Dr. purposely started me out at 20mg per day to try and prevent the IB. He said that if he started me out at the highest dose for my weight (60mg in my case), I'd most likely have a bad IB. That's why he likes to start his patients out at a low dose and gradually increase to the max dose.

day feckin 3

Mine came immediately also, I was broken out when I took my first pill, and within 3 days was at my absolute worst (put all my breakouts in the last year together, and it would be as bad as my IB). Within the first week I started noticing the first improvements though.

I haven't really gotten one (yet, knock on wood) I've been on 60mg/day for a little over a month. you may not get one. i think about 25% of people who take accutane get an acne flare up, im not completely sure though.

I haven't really gotten one (yet, knock on wood) I've been on 60mg/day for a little over a month. you may not get one. i think about 25% of people who take accutane get an acne flare up, im not completely sure though.

I didn't get one. I'm working on 3 mos. I think what helped me was exfoliating the sh*t out of my skin in the months prior to tane plus still using BP during the first week-10 days until I finally started feeling dry/non oily. :redface:

I didn't get one. I'm working on 3 mos. I think what helped me was exfoliating the sh*t out of my skin in the months prior to tane plus still using BP during the first week-10 days until I finally started feeling dry/non oily. :redface:

I didn't get one yet. I'm only on 20mg's a day though. I'm 26 days in, and my skin is the same if not a little better......I still have new active stuff popping up everyday, but some are really small, and the cysts are few and far between.....what I am noticing is that my acne is very nodular now and hardly any of the active lesions have heads.........they are like these hard bumps that take about 10 days to flatten out.......

Mine came immediately also, I was broken out when I took my first pill, and within 3 days was at my absolute worst (put all my breakouts in the last year together, and it would be as bad as my IB). Within the first week I started noticing the first improvements though.

My derm told me it was a good sign that i got one early, he said those who usually get one early get good results as the accutane is working quidckly to clear out all the crap from your skin, i hope he wasnt just saying that to make me feel better.

I'm just finished day 5 today.

thank you guys you all were very helpfull yea i got one the first couple days today was two weeks on 40mg per day, my doctor told me to start at 60 but i thought that was a little high so i talked to her and i said i wanted to start lower and started at 40mg. Right now i think everything is going so great after my IB the first couple of days it has been getting better and better, all the stuff is coming out of my skin though and i know thats a good sign especially on my nose. I hope the best results for you all, i will try to get some pics up here maybe.

i'm on accutane for 2mths now.. had my IB on the first month and still continuing.. 4more mths to go!!!!! YEAH!!!

I've been on it for 5 days now, 40 MG a day, and I got my IB on day 3 or 4. It was pretty bad compared to what I had before. I think I got something like 10 new pimples overnight. They weren't small either, they were big and VERY painful. They look like they're starting to go away now.. But, for the next few days I'm going to make sure I wear a hat everywhere I go. (my forehead is the only place I breakout, and my back.)

I think I got my IB -- I'm praying that I did. I fear that the breakout that I did get was just the beginning.....ahhhhh. Sorry -- just me freaking out. I started accutane 26 days ago. I started out on 40 mgs every other day for the first two weeks. After about a week my skin stared breaking out. It took me a few days to notice becuase I just chalked it up to my regular breakouts. Then they just kept coming. It was a moderate IB -- it could definately have been worse, but it was more acne than I was used to. Then the following week I began taking 40 mg for two days and one day off. My skin starting clearing up quite nicely. It's not gone -- but it looks a whole hell of lot better!!!!!! I hope it stays this way......fingers crossed!!!!

I didn't get one yet. I'm only on 20mg's a day though. I'm 26 days in, and my skin is the same if not a little better......I still have new active stuff popping up everyday, but some are really small, and the cysts are few and far between.....what I am noticing is that my acne is very nodular now and hardly any of the active lesions have heads.........they are like these hard bumps that take about 10 days to flatten out.......

Hey LabGirl81 I have the same thing with the hard cysts with no head. WTF???? They take FOREVER to go away and i'm thinking to myself, " can you just move it along!!!" Are you going to stay at 20mgs or is your derm going to increase it?

how long does the IB usually last? HOpefully it's not more than a week! It's really painful and embarassing to be only mildly affected by acne one day, and totally broken out the next. I had people asking me today what happened to my face because it was so broke out. I told them I started a new medication that caused it. lol. Hopefully it goes away within a few days. If not, I guess I'll just live with it.. atleast I'll have clear skin in a few months, right? :dance:

I've been breaking out like a mother. Im on day 10. Before I went on tane i had 3 actives. Now i have about 20. I plan to not shave for a week to hide this shit. Got nasty fierce white heads everywhere. Im suprised nobody has asked me wtf is up with my skin yet. When i rub my finger across my cheek it feels so nasty and bumpy. I hate this shit. I wanna start drying up already.

Right now my face feels so sore. Im not touching it. But i can feel it stinging in random places.

I've been breaking out like a mother. Im on day 10. Before I went on tane i had 3 actives. Now i have about 20. I plan to not shave for a week to hide this shit. Got nasty fierce white heads everywhere. Im suprised nobody has asked me wtf is up with my skin yet. When i rub my finger across my cheek it feels so nasty and bumpy. I hate this shit. I wanna start drying up already.

Right now my face feels so sore. Im not touching it. But i can feel it stinging in random places.

I know what your going through, i'm exactly the same, my breakout started on day 3 and i'm on day 8 now. Its a killer even just eating something, cold water seems to relieve the pain and burning/stinging sensation for a while.

I havent shaved in a good few days either, its going to hurt when i do shave though :shock:

I feel like my lips are sealed toghether as i'm afraid to move my lips and face so i can avoid the pain :confused:

My IB started on day two and lasted about three weeks. I describe it as severe, though my derm didn't think it was a big deal. I grew a beard to cover most of it up, since it was on my chin and jaw mostly.

After the three week mark, I had steady progress and at two months, I was almost completely clear. I'm now 20 weeks post-Tane and still clear.

P&W

Guest ThereIsHope

I know this is generalizing alot, but do girls seem to get less severe of an IB than guys???

I'm on my tenth day at the mo taking 60mg of Roaccutane a day. I got my IB the 2nd day, my lip swelled up too and my skin it jst gettin worse and worse. Soooo many cysts and whiteheads and its really embarrassing because I have to face friends and teachers everyday. I cannot wait to be finished. I sure hope my IB clears up soon :pray::(

My IB ended after about a week, well i hope that it was my IB. I got prescribed doxycycline when it started so i think that may have helped in clearing me up a bit better. I havent had any side effects yet through mixing both tablets, everyone differes though