Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InRepair

Ok a little confused..

So i am reading that people are using Dan's benzoyl peroxide gel, now right now all i am using is the cleanser, neutrogena on the spot, and aveeno moisturizing lotion, but i know that after using proactive for so long you really need to use benzoyl peroxide, but all i am doing is using the neutrogena for just my current breakouts i am not using BP for my entire face. My question is, should i get something like the gel to treat my entire face or for now should i just stick to using the spot treatment?, and i am only using it for the breakouts i am not using it on my entire face.

I figure that since i have such sore breakouts i don't want to irritate it anymore then it already is, proactive basically just damage the hell out of my skin. :wall:

the problem with proactiv (at least for me) was that not only did the "repairing lotion" have bp in it, but the cleanser ALSO had bp and the toner was unnecessary. add the mask and my skin was VERY irritated. furthermore, the products had a scent which means they probably had some irritating perfumes or something.

if you want to follow the csr (which worked for me and many others) you should slowly increase the amount of bp you are using and cover your entire face with bp. You can use neutrogena on the spot (thats the stuff i started with and it worked fine, but it is difficult to blend into your face) or you can use Dan's BP which is more economical and smoother. Either bp product will work, but the key is to use it all over your face. I recommend following the regimen precisely if you want to get good results. but remember you might go thru a lot of irritation (so it is important to use a good moisturizer and to work up the level of bp slowly). i dont know much about the Aveeno moisturizer, but you will know whether it is working for you soon enough. Anyway, good luck in whatever you decide!

Yeah the neutrogena is starting to slowing now deal the current break outs and i haven't really broken out since starting this regimen, thank god. Would it hurt, if i was to use the gel and neutrogena at the sametime? i mean use the gel for my entire face and the neutrogena to just treat my current break outs or would that be to much bp?

Also this is going to sound kinda silly, but i have to shower when i come home at night from work, so after i get out of the shower should i wash my face? or just wait till later in the night, i get home around 3:40ish- pm, but i wasn't sure if taking a shower was going to hurt my face if i don't wash it, i should just probably moisturize it right?

Sorry for all the questions i just want to get this right :redface:

Yeah the neutrogena is starting to slowing now deal the current break outs and i haven't really broken out since starting this regimen, thank god. Would it hurt, if i was to use the gel and neutrogena at the sametime? i mean use the gel for my entire face and the neutrogena to just treat my current break outs or would that be to much bp?

Also this is going to sound kinda silly, but i have to shower when i come home at night from work, so after i get out of the shower should i wash my face? or just wait till later in the night, i get home around 3:40ish- pm, but i wasn't sure if taking a shower was going to hurt my face if i don't wash it, i should just probably moisturize it right?

Sorry for all the questions i just want to get this right :redface:

Both products are 2.5% bp so it doesn't matter which you use. Dan's gel gets good reviews for smoothness and no white flakes, so maybe it would be good to use during the day? esp if you want to treat your current breakouts a couple times during the day. I read a good rule of thumb - aim for 12 hours between bp applications. If you shower in between, pat your face dry and moisturize if u r flakey. Does that make sense? I'm only on Day 3 myself, so maybe I shouldn't be giving too much advice ;)

You can use either product, but to kill the acne and prevent future acne you will need to use the BP (either brand) all over your breakout-prone areas. That is what makes this program work, using LOTS of BP (not just spot treating individual pimples).