Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rache

Help on milia

Hello everyone. :)

I am in a little bit of a pickle here... My mom insisted I give Face Doctor Soap a try. She went on and on about it. So I gave in and started to do it, have been. I think its been helping clear me up(or its the Borage oil, Letchin combo, with the other herbeal remedys I am doing..) But in the back of my mind I saw Snow Queens post on "What Not to Do". Bar soaps was the first thing that popped into my mind, what not to use. I have been though, for the past 15 days. And I read on my topc I made about Face Doctor, that it fave a couple people on here "milia"..now you see that frightens me a little..makes me doubt Face Doctor..My mom insists, compliments me thats it looks better and better. But I really don't want "milia", and is there any products or methods I can use that'll help prevent them whilst continuing using this regieme??.. or should I just flat out stop using it? Because as of now I got two hurty papules that came from no where on my left cheek---that was CLEAR..:wall: Who knows what it was from..(makeup, stress, period)

Give me your advice, please as to what do you think I should do about this.

And by the way..there's no indication of "milia", I am just being cautious thats all.

Thanks <3

Its not millia unless your nine months old. Chances are, they are just closed comondones that are skin color. I had them and still do. Good luck trying to get rid of them and don't pick at them. They are a bitch.

Its not millia unless your nine months old. Chances are, they are just closed comondones that are skin color. I had them and still do. Good luck trying to get rid of them and don't pick at them. They are a bitch.

Milia doesn't only occur in infants.

True, but almost always when people are on here talking about milia they have clogged pores.

True, but almost always when people are on here talking about milia they have clogged pores.

Also true.

Ummmm, yesss it does..might wanna do some research first...tisk..tisk.

yes, i once thought I had millia, but its not. Its just clogged pores that are skin colored. So what do ppl do, go online and research it and bam, theres millia.

Ummmm, yesss it does..might wanna do some research first...tisk..tisk.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001367.htm

http://www.emedicine.com/DERM/topic265.htm

"Milia are very common, benign, keratin-filled cysts that occur in persons of all ages, from infants to elderly persons. Primary milia are typically seen in infants but also may occur in children and adults. Secondary milia are observed in a number of blistering disorders and following dermabrasion. Milia en plaque and multiple eruptive milia are distinct entities."

Maybe YOU need to do a little research.

don't need to argue about it.

just describe it. does a white cheesy thing come out?

if so, whitehead. you can't squeeze milia.

in fact, many people use milia interchangably with whiteheads.

I get milia under my eyes... are they tiney white bumps that are hard and hurt like a bitch when you try to squeeze them? Hm, I'm not sure what to use to prevent them... I've heard exfoliation is good, but yeah... don't use creams that are too rich because I've heard that causes milia too >.<

The only way to get rid of real milia (not comedones) is to have them surgically removed. They use a needle to open the skin and then remove the little keratin filled sac. If the sac and it's contents are not removed intact, there is a high chance that it will simply reform. Exfoliation is not really effective since it peels off the top layers until it reaches the level where the milia are, then breaks open the sacs rather than removing them intact. The milia return as soon as you stop exfoliating.

And yes, milia is most common in infants but does occur in adults, particularly around the eye area, or as a result of skin trauma.

yea, beentheredonethat nailed it..and i highely dooubt you have millia unless its near your eyes..anywhere else and its just clogged pores. Just be grateful they are white, cuase as soon as you irritate them, they may turn red and then some.