Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CityGal2

EXCESSIVE dryness

Help! My skin is peeling. I am now a full month into the regimen and my skin is peeling. For the past few days I have not applied bp around that area and I have even stopped using the cleanser there. I merely splash with water and apply moisturizer- which has now gone up to three to four times a day. My skin is peeling like if I had a tan. HELP! What can I do?

So I just read that jojoba oil works wonders for this. Do you all agree? Will it help with the redmarks? It seems like I have been on a plateau with the regimen. Nothing else seems to really clear up but it does control the whitehead population. Is jojoba oil available in the local pharmacy? What brand and what should i be looking for in a jojoba oil? Sorry...never used it before.

I use a scrub twice a week and applying moisturizer right after rinsing my face in the morning (i only use bp at night). For a while my skin was crazy peely. Still feels a bit tight, but no real peeling.

I heard scrubs are not good for acne prone skin.

Yeah, I heard that too. But if think if you use them in moderation and only gentle scrubs with mircobeads it's ok. They haven't made me breakout at all.

I've been trying to follow CSR for a little over a month. I'm having the same problem as you. I'm washing with Cetaphil, applying 5% BP, and applying Cetaphil moisturizer - BP only at night. I expected to be dry and peeling at first, but all of a sudden yesterday my face (mostly on the sides of my mouth) got really bad. I'm peeling like I had a sunburn. My skin hasn't improved either, so now I have much worse skin then I started with. I'm on accutane too, so maybe that was my own fault. I thought if I used it once a day it would help speed things up. But after last night at a concert with my makeup peeling off I think I've changed my mind. I'm not using BP anymore.

Help! My skin is peeling. I am now a full month into the regimen and my skin is peeling. For the past few days I have not applied bp around that area and I have even stopped using the cleanser there. I merely splash with water and apply moisturizer- which has now gone up to three to four times a day. My skin is peeling like if I had a tan. HELP! What can I do?

So I just read that jojoba oil works wonders for this. Do you all agree? Will it help with the redmarks? It seems like I have been on a plateau with the regimen. Nothing else seems to really clear up but it does control the whitehead population. Is jojoba oil available in the local pharmacy? What brand and what should i be looking for in a jojoba oil? Sorry...never used it before.

I noticed in your signature that you are using Neutrogena oil-free. That moisturizer is fine but it sounds like you need something more hydrating. If you haven't done so already, try the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (in the 8oz. or 16oz. bottle). It is really good at hydrating and keeping the flakes off. If that doesn't work, you can consider trying one of the AHA moisturizers. These will help exfoliate the flakes off. You can try Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, or a milder product like Lac-Hydrin Five.