Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VolksWagon87

Why is my Complex 15 making my face red?

Oct. 3 (9 A.M.) UPDATE: I woke in the morning and the moiturizer made my face red. I don't know why since it is oil-free, non-comedgenic, and hypoallergenic. Can someone please help me out? Has anyone experienced this using the Complex 15 or any other moisturizer when first starting on the regimen? BTW, does sleeping late (2:30 ish) aggravate acne? I get around 7 hours of sleep on average each night with melatonin supplementation (for deepers sleeps).

-----------------------------------------

Cleanser: Purpose Gentle Cleansing WashIPB Image

-My skin is normal. It's neither dry or oily. This seems like a audience favorite. However, under the ratings categories it was filed under "Dry Skin." I don't have dry skin but will this cleanser still be good for me?

Benzoyl Peroxide: Dan's CSR gel

Moisturizer: Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face CreamIPB Image

-Who uses this cream? I heard it's pretty good based on the reviews off CSR.com and drugstore.com (5 stars). However, my concern is that I need maintenance on my red marks (hyperpigmentation), and this is solved by AHA. Does this product contain AHA? What is the best AHA moisturizer? Is there a holy grail?

My acne has been prevalent for the past 2 years. It has always been mild, and never any crazy breakouts unless I eat seafood. I feel pretty lucky and I feel for a lot of people on this board who have it worse than I do. My main problem are my red / brown marks. I've been reading into ACV and plan on putting that into my regimen. An important question I'd like to ask is if there are any products out there as in cleansers or moisturizers that already have the AHA compound in its first two ingredients that will help me tone out and even my face?

After I find all the right products, I will post my regimen on here. Wish me luck and God Bless.

Your Regimen products look good!

And Complex 15 will be fine for a starter moisturizer.

You can switch to an AHA moisturizer after a month or so (when your skin is adjusted to the BP onslaught) and this will help with the lingering redmarks by exfoliating your skin.

Good luck!

When youre ready to switch to an AHA moisturizer definately consider Lac Hydrin Five. But make sure you wait until your face is completely adjusted to high levels of BP. I switched at the 1 month mark and at first i would use a half pump of non AHA moisturizer with a half pump of aha moisturizer combined.

OK I just applied the Complex 15 moisturizer and it's turning my face really red! I'm trying to fan it off. I hope it turns normal in the morning because I do not want to go to school with a red face.

The reason it is making your face red is because of the AHA. It does that to some people. Stop using a moisturizer with AHA and you will be fine. After a while you can slowly introduce it into your regimen and let your face get used to it.

Your Regimen products look good!

And Complex 15 will be fine for a starter moisturizer.

You can switch to an AHA moisturizer after a month or so (when your skin is adjusted to the BP onslaught) and this will help with the lingering redmarks by exfoliating your skin.

Good luck!

The reason it is making your face red is because of the AHA. It does that to some people. Stop using a moisturizer with AHA and you will be fine. After a while you can slowly introduce it into your regimen and let your face get used to it.

But according to Brandy, this is a good moisturizer for beginners. I'm not even sure this moisturizer has AHA since Brandy specifically suggested I switch to an AHA moisturizer after my skin was adjusted to the BP. Are there any other possibilities that's making my skin irritated? BTW, if this is how people react to AHA if indeed it contains AHA, I'm having second thoughts on AHA moisturizers.

My first time around on the CSR I was also advised to try an AHA to help with flaking but it burned the buhjeezus out of my face and I had to quit the CSR altogether b/c my skin was literally blistering on the stuff. What works best for others may not be what's best for you. BTW if it's any comfort, my second and third days on the CSR were when my face was the reddest too, but gradually it will dicipate. Brandy definitely knows her stuff and she did not mean to steer you in the wrong direction, but there's no way of knowing how each individual will react to any and all products. I found Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin to be a very nice, light moisturizer, but it's not the best at getting rid of flakes. If flakiness is a problem, I highly recommend the Cetaphil that's in my sig. Let us know what you decide to do and how it works out! Don't give up! Sometimes it takes a little finagling to find the right product combo for you. Also how much bp did you use? Did you stick with a very small amount? My first week I could only tolerate 1/4 finger once a day.

My first time around on the CSR I was also advised to try an AHA to help with flaking but it burned the buhjeezus out of my face and I had to quit the CSR altogether b/c my skin was literally blistering on the stuff. What works best for others may not be what's best for you. BTW if it's any comfort, my second and third days on the CSR were when my face was the reddest too, but gradually it will dicipate. Brandy definitely knows her stuff and she did not mean to steer you in the wrong direction, but there's no way of knowing how each individual will react to any and all products. I found Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin to be a very nice, light moisturizer, but it's not the best at getting rid of flakes. If flakiness is a problem, I highly recommend the Cetaphil that's in my sig. Let us know what you decide to do and how it works out! Don't give up! Sometimes it takes a little finagling to find the right product combo for you. Also how much bp did you use? Did you stick with a very small amount? My first week I could only tolerate 1/4 finger once a day.

Oh yeah, I only used like half a finger full since I've used BP before w/o the regiman. I know Brandy has the best intentions. I was just trying to tell takara that Brandy told me to go an AHA moisturizer afterwards which meant Complex 15 had no AHA in it. Hmmm thanks for the comfot. I'll continue w/ the regimen and update it. Anyone else with further insight please help. Thanks.