Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Golthie

Handwashing...Be Honest

i must admit i wash my hands a lot since i started the CSR so i know i aint puttin dirt on my face

Washing Hands is the most important part of ridding yourself of acne. Your hands touch the most objects during the day. For example a normal day, you wake up, and wash your hands, then go out to catch the bus, a good 50 people at least will have touched the handles in the bus, with god knows what germs attatched their hands.

Then you go on the train, same thing but probaby worse, as trains get cleaned less.

Now imagine all the other places you go during the day, and how many other people have been their. Then think how many times in the day you tocuh your face? ... wipe sweat... itch your nose...

It adds up, so washing your hands gives your hands a clean, so germs don't transfer to your acne prone skin.

Hope that helps.

Ditto. They get clean when I use cleanser, then I wash when bp is done, and then again after I moisturize. Prevents the spread of germs, and also prevents bp from getting onto other things, like your clothes or in the off chance you might get your hands near your eyes or mouth, such as eating finger foods, etc.

i dont always wash between washing my face and bping and moisturizing. guilty.

LOL I wasn't trying to single anybody out, just curious. Dan says to wash in between each step. I guess if you go off and do other things while your face is drying it makes sense to wash off germs etc. And of course washing off the bp so it won't bleach stuff.

Today is Day 2 for me by the way. No new spots! WooHoo! (I had a pms breakout on top of what was already there so here's hoping it will heal before the expected future breakouts. Sorry if TMI :redface:

I have found since starting CSR, I wash my hands a LOT more than I did before.

In the morning, I wash before washing my face, before and after applying BP, and before and after applying moisturizer. Then more times during the day and repeat morning steps. I have actually found that I wash my hands so much they are very dry.... :cry:

But, I guess it is well worth it as I am 100% clear (except for residual red marks that are slowly fading).

Okay, how important is all the hand washing in the CSR and how many of you actually do it?? :angel:

It is very important to use clean hands when applying products to your face. You don't want to transfer bacteria and other irritating things to your skin.

I wash all the time, and wash inbetween all the steps!

Guest blackheadben

I never wash my hands, ever. Even after poopin. Just teasing ;)! i wash mine alot too. It is important.

I never wash my hands, ever. Even after poopin. Just teasing ;)! i wash mine alot too. It is important.

That cracked me up for some strange reason. After a crazy hectic day I needed that laugh.... :lol:

At wash them just berfore I touch my face.

If I wash my face i wash them, I do it just before applying BP. I wash the BP off, and then I wash my hands once again before I apply moisturizer.

Then, off course - several other times a day. Maybe I should start counting xD

You know what, reading this thread makes me think you might all end up with OCD with this constant washing of hands. I have OCD anyway with the washing hands business, but maybe this will be a side effect of having acne? Cos we are always wondering if our hands are dirty. :think:

You know what, reading this thread makes me think you might all end up with OCD with this constant washing of hands. I have OCD anyway with the washing hands business, but maybe this will be a side effect of having acne? Cos we are always wondering if our hands are dirty. :think:

:doh: I just wanted to know if NOT washing hands between some of the CSR steps would affect the results. Sorry I didn't make myself clearer. If you just don't touch your face, you won't have to worry about the dirt. Shoot, I change poopy and pee-pee diapers all day, so I gotta wash my hands. But say you don't wash your hands between washing your face and applying BP.....is that gonna affect your acne? :doubt: If so, ignoring CSR handwashing should be on Dan's list of "biggest mistakes"