Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mickey67

Hormonal acne...hormones in beef/poultry/dairy?

Any opinions/facts?

I try to buy organic when I can...I wonder how these things will affect my kids. I've heard that precocious puberty has been linked to hormones in dairy and other foods.

Guest HKS

My nutritionist recommended only eating organic meat due to the hormones in non organic

Poultry is not allowed to have hormones in it in the US, so you only have to worry about 1) antibiotics and 2) whether or not it was raised free range, because if it was it'll not only be more humane then caged, but have a better fatty acid makeup as well. Also, free range chickens tend to eat little insects and things nature intended, whereas grain fed chickens weren't meant to eat grains in the first place and as a result have a very poor fatty acid makeup, as in way too many omega 6's.

I Know that chickens are fed chemicals that make them balloon up and get so fat that their legs break underneeth them... that's common knowledge in the factory farming industry.

The reasons they need so many antibiotics is interesting:

- All of the animals live 2-6 years without ever seeing a vetrinarian.

- The living conditions raise the risk of infections by 90%, so TONS of antibiotics are used.

- About 6 chickens are crammed into 1 wire cage for their entire life. Their feet usually grow into the wire floor because they never move.

- They are born, raised and live in complete darkness and do not have enough room to spread their wings.

- Egg-laying chickens: living male chicks are thrown in garbage bags because they are useless. Many throw the living male chicks into grinders for dogfood.

- The wire cages are stacked high - the cage above deficating on the chickens below-- landing in their eyes, on their nostrils, on cuts. They are soaked in it.

- MANY chicken's eyes swell shut and when the infections are pretty bad, the infection eats the sensitive eyeball leaving just a big gaping hole and a blind chicken.

- "Animal Wellness" does not matter: As long as an animal is breathing (not walking) at slaughter time, he is deemed "Fit For Consumption" by the USDA.

- As Egg-laying hens age, their egg-laying capasity decreases. Farmers "shock" them into laying more eggs by with holding food for up to 2 weeks and water up to three days.

Pig and cow factory farming is the exact same.

You can now imagine why SO MANY antibiotics are needed to keep the infections under control until slaughter time :)

If you find all of this hard to believe, click here (its not gross): http://www.factoryfarming.com/gallery/photos_egg.htm

30% of animals arrive at slaughter with their bodies riddled with cancers, broken bones, blind, on many on the brink of death (such as ducks used for Foie Gras) because of the absolutely unbelieable living conditions.

External cancers are cut off, but internal cancers are not removed because this is time consuming.

In fact, the official phrase is: "Animals with pus-filled lesions and cancerous tumors are deemed 'USDA Pure' in the American Factory Farm Association."

CNN stated 1 month ago that the bodies of chickens (organic and non-organic) marinate (soak) in their own fecus for many days until they are purchased by the customer. Because of this, the FDA has decided to "rince the bodies an extra time before packaging them."

I've noticed great health improvements and my skin has cleared up a lot since going meat/dairy free for two months. I'd never go back to my original diet. I feel and look great :)

Living without light, and always covered in fecus, never moving, and breathing the ammonia-saturated air from the smell of fecus tears apart any living thing's health.

Exactly the same way the cows and pigs are raised.

You are right, eating sick animals cannot be healthy for us.

hm... Well would there still be a way to have meat, poultry, or dairy as in purchase free ranged as well as organic products?

Yes, free range animals have more space than caged animals and also see the outdoors. They are also not given antibiotics and are a lot healthier.

However, all the animals, free-range or factory farmed will be slaughtered at the same slaughter houses (unless you buy from the "tiny farmer down the street with the 3 cows" ;))... and the Washington Post stated that 30% of all animals slaughtered in the US are completely conscious when skinned and dismembered. This means that the most adrenaline that the animal has ever released in its life is most likely being pumped into every inch of the animal's tissue -- as it watches its skin pulled off and its hooves cut off.

I only mention this point because many of my friends did not want to eat adrenaline-soaked animal flesh.... and other friends didn't care. Its' up to you.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?p...A60798-2001Apr9

That can help you if you have decisions to make.

The washington post article is retarded. Peta is retarded. Their isn't some giant machine that rips their skin off and cuts thier legs off like Pyramid Head on Silent Hill while they are still alive. They don't cut thier throats while alive. They rarely shoot them in the heads anymore either(Although this is instant death and all it does is spook the cows, not send them into some adrenaline filled rage. It's akin to running into a herd of cows and yelling). They drive a spike through their head with a pneumonic device. It's painless, quick and humane.

If urbanites ever stopped taking in their world views solely from the press and PETA and instead went out and found out for themselves maybe I wouldn't feel like punching most people I meet nowadays in the face.

Dude, did you even read the article? Peta has nothing to do with it. Its a problem being addressed by the US government in Congress right now.

The Washington Post interviewed Lester Friedlander, a veterinarian and formerly chief government inspector at a Pennsylvania hamburger plant.

Blackbirdbeatle - where did it say in the article that heads were ripped off? Do you think we are retarded?

First they are supposed to be stunned by hitting them over the head, and then their throats are cut while they are hanging upside down to drain the blood. During all of this, the cattle are alive.

Blackbirdbeatle, your statement, in short, is retarded. You stated that "they don't cut their throats while they are alive" -- BUT, how else do you think they kill them?

By feeding them cyanide?? By throwing them off a cliff?? Please answer this question.

:P

It's obvious that Blackbirdbeatle didnt read the article and does not know anything about what he is talking about. He sounds like he has a short attention span or ADD :P Do your homework, buddy ;) (its easy - google: Cattle slaughter)