Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey All, well im starting roaccutane at the end of this week and i have a few qu's, if any1 could answer them it would b a great help! thx!

1. is it okay to drink milk while on the drug?

2. what headache painkillers are reccomended to take whilst on it?

3. is it better to take the medication in the morning or night?

thx ppl! i'll probaly hav more qu's later lol hope all is well! XxOoxX!

1. It is actually good to drink milk with your medication because the fat in it will help your body absorb the pill. You can drink all the milk you want.

2. I've been taking Advil while on accutane and nothing has happenened (except relieve my headaches)

3. In my opinion, morning is better because it gives your body all day to absorb the medication with all the meals you eat. At night, your digestive system slows down and your likelihood of getting all the meds in your body are decreased. Be sure and eat plenty of food when you take your pill(s). I have noticed that my stomache hurts pretty bad if I only eat something light or small. But that's just me....

1. YES! milk is good, helps absorb the drug into your system.

2. anything really, I take orudus.

3. it's best to take it with whichever meal is your largest everyday. no one can say when is best since they don't know your eating times or how much you eat. Take it with your biggest meal with the most fat content.

welcome :D

HeHe thx guys!! Its weird tho... my derm said its up to me when if i start taking 1 or 2 pill's a day...he said that by taking 1 pill it will lower the severity of the IB but my thinking is...if i take 2 tabs...yea the IB will be worse but at least it will be getting rid of the crap in my skin sooner rather than drawing it out over a longer period of time... what do you guys think?

yea i think i might do that actually im not 100% sure though. i mean... am i correct in thinking if i take the 2 tabs fromt he start i'd be getting all the gunk out quicker??? lol