Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moonb3am

My *BC pill*: Yasmin Log!!!

Okay this is my first log ever. And, hopefully my last. I really really want to get rid of acne now..and for good!!

I have had persistent mild/moderate acne since three years.

I had flawless skin that I was constatly complimented on during my teens *sob*

Started breaking out at twenty and it has been downhill since! It has started to affect my five year relationship with my boyfriend. It has been years since I have looked into his eyes and talked for hours without having to worry about my skin. I miss spending time with him sooooo much. He says it doesn't bother him at all and that I'm still pretty. But, it bothers me!! Bothers me enough to not want to meet him even when I miss him so much...

Well I'm thinking my acne could be hormonal so I have decided to go on BC pills for the sole purpose of acne.

I went on yasmin

DAY THREE:

I have taken this pill a total of three times. I take it right before I go to sleep..which is at 10.

I know..I sleep early!

Well so far so good. I haven't had any horrible side effects. No nausea, no migranes, no initial breakout!!!

But, I guess it's too early to tell right now!

I realllllly hope I don't get an initial breakout because I have a big event to go to in three weeks from now!

And, I really hope this works. This is my last try. I might actually stop trying after this. That's how discouraged I am.

CONDITION OF MY SKIN:

I have a lot of teeny weeny bumps on my face, blackheads, a lot of whiteheads and a cyst on my forehead.

Either these pills will make my acne worse :(

or rid me of acne for good.

Just had to take that risk now.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

hi. i hope it works for you =) i have to meet up with some people in about 6 weeks from now, i hope i'll get better too =)

OMG!!!! Stay away from Yasmine...please...I am 21 years old and went on Yasmine to heal my skin...I will admit that it did amazing things. Well, I went off of it and 1 month later my skin is the worst it has ever been. Nothing is working because my hormones have been affected by the yasmine. If you research Yasmine you will find that it is actually known to cause very severe acne after stoping the medication. Please, be very careful. There is a new drug called SPIROLACTONE that does the same exact thing as yasmine only it is not a BC. Go see a derm and have them prescribe this for you. Good luck.

Hannah

Okay this is my first log ever. And, hopefully my last. I really really want to get rid of acne now..and for good!!

I have had persistent mild/moderate acne since three years.

I had flawless skin that I was constatly complimented on during my teens *sob*

Started breaking out at twenty and it has been downhill since! It has started to affect my five year relationship with my boyfriend. It has been years since I have looked into his eyes and talked for hours without having to worry about my skin. I miss spending time with him sooooo much. He says it doesn't bother him at all and that I'm still pretty. But, it bothers me!! Bothers me enough to not want to meet him even when I miss him so much...

Well I'm thinking my acne could be hormonal so I have decided to go on BC pills for the sole purpose of acne.

I went on yasmin

DAY THREE:

I have taken this pill a total of three times. I take it right before I go to sleep..which is at 10.

I know..I sleep early!

Well so far so good. I haven't had any horrible side effects. No nausea, no migranes, no initial breakout!!!

But, I guess it's too early to tell right now!

I realllllly hope I don't get an initial breakout because I have a big event to go to in three weeks from now!

And, I really hope this works. This is my last try. I might actually stop trying after this. That's how discouraged I am.

CONDITION OF MY SKIN:

I have a lot of teeny weeny bumps on my face, blackheads, a lot of whiteheads and a cyst on my forehead.

Either these pills will make my acne worse :(

or rid me of acne for good.

Just had to take that risk now.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

people on hormonal birth control make me sad..... just thinking of all the horrible things it's going to do to you

Oh yeh, making my period significantly lighter, completely banishing my TERRIBLE menstrual cramps, removing all traces of PMS symptoms... so horrible. :rolleyes:

Thankyou guys for the support. I guess this pill works for some people and doesn't work for some.

I am not going to chicken out this time because I have done that before just after two days of taking a pill. And, I really want to know for sure if this will work for me or not.

DAY FIVE:

I am just about to take my fifth pill in a few minutes. I was nauseous for the first time yesterday and I couldn't sleep well the whole night. By the time I did fall asleep my alarm went off and it was time to go to school. I was so pissed that I actually turned the alarm off and went back to sleep. Missed my first class and felt bad because of it the whole day. *sigh* I know my body is getting used to the pill. I will just give it time. Hopefully it won't make me too nauseous again!

CONDITION OF MY SKIN:

My skin looks awful today. I was sad the whole day because of it. I wore foundation and ended up looking really cakey and disgusting. I have A LOT of tiny bumps all over my forehead and right cheek, one cyst, three bad pustules, some whiteheads, and a lot of red marks and three darkkkk brown marks that I couldn't cover with foundation.

*sigh* even if Yasmin does work for me, I'm not even sure if it would work for pustules and stuff. I think it only works for cysts? Well whatever I'm not going to backout now. I'll see what it does for my skin.

I'm praying with all my heart my skin gets better in a month. I really miss my boyfriend and I want to see him badly...

Hang in there, it can take awhile to work. You need to give any BCP at least 3 months to see how your skin and body is going to react in the longterm, and there may be an initial breakout in the short term. I beleive it can work for all types of acne that are hormonally mediated. If you have some that is, and some that isn't, you could add a topical retinoid and/or topical antibiotic into the mix.

Regarding nausea, what time of day are you taking your pills? When i started my gyn directed me to take the pill at night and immediately get into bed and go to sleep. I didn't experience any nausea when i took them this way, and BCP has always made me nauseous.

If the nausea continues you may want to ask your doctor to give you a prescription for Yaz instead. It has a lower dose of estrogen but the exact same anti-androgenic progesterone component and only uses 3 placebo pills with the rest actives. This results in shorter periods and less opportunity for acne flare since the hormones are more consistent. Unfortunately it's a little more expensive than Yasmin, and Yasmin isn't really cheap.

DAY SIX:

I am just about to take my pill for the sixth time.

I had a really bad day today. I'm sad because of my skin and to top it off I had a really bad headache the whole day. It could be because of the pill. I had wierd thoughts the whole day. I'm not sure if I took the right step by going on this pill. I have heard stories how when people quit taking this pill their acne came back much much worse. I am thinking that what if I would have to stop this pill because it might give me bad side effects in the future like mood swings and crying spells and what if my acne comes back much worse. What if the pill doesn't help at all with my acne and when I stop taking it my acne gets worse than it is.

I can't say how confused I am. I don't know who to go to, what to do. I feel like breaking down and crying tonight.

Why did I have to be cursed with acne? I know my acne isn't that severe so no derm would ever prescribe me Accutane, which is the only thing that seems like a permanent cure. I'm so incredibly sad today *sigh* My acne isn't severe at all but it has started to get the best of me. I have become very paranoid lately.

CONDITION OF MY SKIN:

My mom got me Aveeno ultra calming foaming cleanser today. I tried it and it helped a teeny bit with the overall texture of my skin. My skin doesn't look so irriated now. I plan on quitting dove bar for sensitive skin for a while and sticking with this cleanser.

My skin still looks bad though. I have three awfullll looking marks that I can't cover with any foundation. I am light skinned but the marks I get are dark brown/black. I have a few whiteheads, 2 cysts, blackheads and a lot of bumps on my skin.

Hey girl,

If you have cystic acne, please see a dermatologist before you start getting permenant scars. They might be able to rx you accutane. Some derms are more liberal with it than others. Some might want you to try all kinds of topicals first, though.

Oh, and don't listen to anyone trying to scare you away from the bcp's. Everyone's body is different. This might be the perfect pill for you. Or it might be awful. Trust me, I've been through this. I'm 40 and have been off and on BC for many years. You really do have to give it 3 or 4 months. You will know for sure if you like it by then.

Good luck with whatever you choose and STOP worrying (easier said than done, I know...lol :) ),

Platinum

people on hormonal birth control make me sad..... just thinking of all the horrible things it's going to do to you

:(

bear with it for a while moonbeam, the medication should do its stuff soon. keep in contact with your derm though. All the best.

Don't get paranoid. Everyone is different and just because someone else had a bad reaction to a particular brand does not mean that you will. It sounds to me like you are really working yourself up about it - don't. Stop reading people's Yasmin horror stories. Just breathe, relax, take it one day at a time. If Yasmin doesn't agree with you, you can always try a different pill.

DAY NINE:

After much confusion and thinking things over. I have decided to continue taking this pill for a month and see where it leads me to. I am going to take my ninth pill today. I am still confused I don't know if I'm actually going to make my mild/moderate acne worse and end up losing weight which I need like the titanic needed ice. I have been trying to gain some weight since the past three years. Started to lose weight around the same time I started to break out. But oh well I am going to stop listening to horror stories like beenthere suggested and see what the pill does for me in a month. On the plus side I haven't been nauseated since the past two days and did not really get a headache. Hope it stays that way. I'm still feeling very emotional and sad but that could be because of my grades. I am not doing too well in school and I will have to drop a class to save my scholarship and that means I won't be graduating on time. I am really sad cos of that.

CONDITION OF MY SKIN:

I broke out on my chin. I have like four pustules there and a cyst. The rest of my skin over my cheeks and forehead is looking better. Except for the horrible dark red/brown marks that are very prominent on my light skin and a few whitheads and a lot of blackheads. I really hope my skin clears up soon because I'm dying to meet my boyfriend.

Yasmin won't make you lose weight, but it will prevent you from gaining excess water weight, a common side effect of other BC pills.

Regarding your skin - you are likely to experience an initial breakout. Try to just get through it. A topical may help in the meantime, and you may want to ask a derm to inject that cyst for you. Glad that the nausea and headaches are gone, i wouldn't expect them to return once you have adjusted to the pill. Keep an eye on the moodiness, try to cheer up about the academic situation - maybe you can make up the class in a summer session or something? If not - hey, you aren't the first person to need a little extra time to graduate. I know it's kind of a bummer now, but trust me, school is a lot more fun than work. Enjoy it while it lasts. ;)

DAY NINE:

After much confusion and thinking things over. I have decided to continue taking this pill for a month and see where it leads me to. I am going to take my ninth pill today. I am still confused I don't know if I'm actually going to make my mild/moderate acne worse and end up losing weight which I need like the titanic needed ice. I have been trying to gain some weight since the past three years. Started to lose weight around the same time I started to break out. But oh well I am going to stop listening to horror stories like beenthere suggested and see what the pill does for me in a month. On the plus side I haven't been nauseated since the past two days and did not really get a headache. Hope it stays that way. I'm still feeling very emotional and sad but that could be because of my grades. I am not doing too well in school and I will have to drop a class to save my scholarship and that means I won't be graduating on time. I am really sad cos of that.

CONDITION OF MY SKIN:

I broke out on my chin. I have like four pustules there and a cyst. The rest of my skin over my cheeks and forehead is looking better. Except for the horrible dark red/brown marks that are very prominent on my light skin and a few whitheads and a lot of blackheads. I really hope my skin clears up soon because I'm dying to meet my boyfriend.

HEEEEEEY HANG IN THERE HUN ;)

My acne is EXACT same as yours im guessing.

At the moment im also taking yasmin just a week and waiting for test results to come back for PCOS. Im going to give it a month to see and let it build up in my body.

Since you had clear skin and only started breaking out at 20 i think you should consider looking into PCOS. My mam never had bad skin so cant really figure out where i would have "inherited" it from, same with my sis shes fine like, she has other symptoms linking her to PCOS and also theres Diabetes in the family which is a sure sign. Yasmine along with a Special diet can hopefully clear it up for me.

The main symptoms for PCOS... (in case ye dnt no ;) )

Sudden adult acne/ severe adolescent acne

Excess hair

Oily Skin

Hair Loss/Male Pattern Balding

Diabetes in Family

Overweight - this is in later years tho, i am underweight at the moment and cant afford to loose weight but up to 60% of PCOS suffers are thin, its only later on if diet is not changed - obesity and diabetes hit - is this in your family?

Anyway just a few words to say HANG in there hun! Im in the same boat as you (not titanic tho yeh ;) haha)

Cheer up, i know its soooooo hard acne is sooo depresssing, the thought of leaving my house is killing me today :( but it gots to be done!

PM me anytime for support and ill be sure to check back to your log every now and again!

Much Love :D

*~ Starrybabe ~*

How you feeling now, Moonbeam?

beenthere thanks for checking up on me :)

You know I had to quit taking the pill. I reallllyyy tried to stay on it. But the headaches got the best of me in the end and I was an emotional wreck. I cried for days straight. I just quit it in the end.

You know surprisingly my skin is looking better after I quit it. It's temporary I know but I'm happy for the time being. My left cheek is completely clear just one whitehead on my forehead, two three bumps on my right cheeks and a dying nodule on my chin. It looks a lot better. I really hope it stays that way because I'm not on any regime. All I'm doing is washing with this new Aveeno foaming cleanser my mom got for me. I don't know what else to do for my skin now so it would really suck if I start breaking out again (which I probably will)

But I'm enjoying it for the time being.

I also ordered joppa minerals loose powder foundation and free samples of everyday minerals. I can't wait to get them because right now the makeup I have makes my skin look worse than it really is. If this new foundation makes me look nicer I'll be able to see my boyfriend and have fun without worrying about my skin!

If you haven't already ordered free samples for EM I think you should give it a try too!

And thanks for checking up on me beenthere you have been a great help! :)

Welp, sorry it didn't work out for you. You still might want to consider another brand - not all people react the same way to the same brand. Since you feel that the monophasic made you moody, you should consider a multiphasic.

My mom agreed to take me to the derm because my skin is in bad shape these days.

This is just my second trip to the derm because we don't have insurance. So I have really tried getting rid of acne with OTC products and during my first trip I was prescribed tetracycline which worked for a while and then my acne came back.

I really hope whatever my derm prescribes this time works for me!!!!

I wonder what would happen if a guy took birth control for acne.

:lol:

Puttin it nicely..it wud fuck u up :razz:

Altho theres other ways of fixing fellas hormones :), it tink ders sum drug that can be prescribed :P