Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

I'm new on the boards and was curious whether any of you thought taking vit. A as a supplement (not accutane, just the vitamin supplement) would be good for my skin?

it probably won't do much unless you megadose, which is dangerous. it couldn't hurt though.

Hey guys,

I'm new on the boards and was curious whether any of you thought taking vit. A as a supplement (not accutane, just the vitamin supplement) would be good for my skin?

Not if you have a healthy diet. You're supposed to be all to get all the vitamin a you need in dark green and yellow vegetables and yellow fruits; such as broccoli spinach, turnip greens, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, cantaloupe, and apricots; and in animal sources such as liver, milk, butter, cheese, and whole eggs. Too much vitamin a will fuck up your liver. But if the foods above are not a regular part of your diet, it might. That's a big might.

Hey guys,

Not if you have a healthy diet. You're supposed to be all to get all the vitamin a you need in dark green and yellow vegetables and yellow fruits; such as broccoli spinach, turnip greens, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, cantaloupe, and apricots; and in animal sources such as liver, milk, butter, cheese, and whole eggs. Too much vitamin a will fuck up your liver. But if the foods above are not a regular part of your diet, it might. That's a big might.

hmmm.....maybe adding more vit. A naturally is a better solution then? Thanks for the tip!

Hey guys,

hmmm.....maybe adding more vit. A naturally is a better solution then? Thanks for the tip!

Generally, getting nutrients from food is the way to go. Somethings just don't absorb as well into your system through supplements. But for people with certain food allergies and vegans and other people on special diets, it's a necessity.