Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nikita

Cracks at side of mouth

Has anyone experienced cracks at the side of your mouth? I have had this problem for about 2 weeks (on 7th week of tane) and it won't clear up. It is extrememly painful to eat, talk or smile as the wound just slits open again every time I open my mouth.

Any1 who's experienced this know how long it will take to clear up or will I have it until I stop the tane? Please no!

Ask your pharmacist to order you some Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. I've taken Accutane twice and tried almost every lip balm known to man, and that is the only one that could ever heal those cracks for me. Use it as a basecoat, applying it generously, and top it off with something moisturizing like Aquaphor.

I had them, everything was painful and I dreded waking up in the morning and yawning (ouch!!!)

I started taking Vit E at night (800IU up to 1200IU) and they healed and went away within two DAYS!

Now I keep up with my Vit E pills at night and also make sure to always have lip chap in the corners of my mouth at all times.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I get this problem too. Dr, Dan's cortibalm really does help. I always make sure I put plenty on the sides of my mouth. If I don't it will crack and be painful.

Had it too, lasted a week or two for me, but I wasn't doing anything fancy with mine, just carried a tiny bottle of moisturizer with me and applied it everytime it felt sore again. I'd gob it on, probably looked bad but felt sooooo good.